follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions

Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions Discuss all other cars and automotive news here.

User Tag List

Old 06-27-2014, 11:34 PM   #15
Ganthrithor

Drives: '13 BRZ, '06 997, Other Things(TM)
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
...and the Porsche 919 motor is a 2-liter 4 that makes 500-something horsepower. HONDA YOU'VE BEEN PUT ON NOTICE!
Ganthrithor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 11:57 PM   #16
Turbo95eg6

Drives: 2014 BRZ SWP LTD
Thanked 2,266 Times in 858 Posts
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ISDriven View Post
none available in the states at that price point though.
Neither is the Euro type R, therefor your point is invalid.
Turbo95eg6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 12:25 AM   #17
tahdizzle
So elite I'm 1338

Drives: WRB Subaru BRZ
Thanked 1,934 Times in 982 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Garage
It's a freaking car that will never make it to the us because of emissions.

This has been discussed ever since teen aged boys creamed themselves over jdm nonsense.

If the states didn't have the strict requirements for passenger vehicles, this wouldn't even be news.

Besides 2.0l turbocharged at that rating is not impressive.

Grow up and realize amg has a 2.0l 4 cylinder rated at 355hp in the cla45 amg which is legal in the states starting at 47g.
tahdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tahdizzle For This Useful Post:
hmong337 (06-29-2014), SuperDave (06-29-2014), Trettiosjuan (06-29-2014)
Old 06-28-2014, 01:09 AM   #18
extrashaky

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited
Thanked 5,618 Times in 2,266 Posts
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Holy crap that's ugly. It looks like a fake future car from an 80s movie with Sylvester Stallone or Peter Weller. All it needs to complete the look are extra large hubcaps that cover the entire wheel and tire.
extrashaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 01:39 AM   #19
YMAA
Maximum puntential

Drives: 2013 DGM BRZ 6MT LTD
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Honda would attract more buyers if they separated the Type-R from the Civic lineup in the US, made it AWD, and kept the styling more or less intact. A car like that could be serious competition for the WRX especially if it was priced competitively.
Tagera (06-28-2014)
Old 06-28-2014, 08:34 AM   #20
ISDriven

Drives: chill
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahdizzle View Post
It's a freaking car that will never make it to the us because of emissions.

This has been discussed ever since teen aged boys creamed themselves over jdm nonsense.

If the states didn't have the strict requirements for passenger vehicles, this wouldn't even be news.

Besides 2.0l turbocharged at that rating is not impressive.

Grow up and realize amg has a 2.0l 4 cylinder rated at 355hp in the cla45 amg which is legal in the states starting at 47g.

tahdizzle, exactly who are you telling to grow up?
ISDriven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 09:00 AM   #21
ISDriven

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo95eg6 View Post
Neither is the Euro type R, therefor your point is invalid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganthrithor View Post
...and the Porsche 919 motor is a 2-liter 4 that makes 500-something horsepower. HONDA YOU'VE BEEN PUT ON NOTICE!
Turbo95eg6, your right, I digress.

Ganthrithor and everyone else, all I'm saying is that the ability for manufactures to deliver a car that make those power figures/performance and have it priced competitively (let's say 30-35k) can be done. Why has Subaru held out on this? I think the market is there, even if the price went up by say 4-6k. We are going into the 3rd year of production without even a rumor of a power bump that the people a screaming for. Toyota seems more concerned about making a convertible then developing a car that in my opinion would hold a larger market share. Just my 2 cents.
Old 06-28-2014, 10:29 AM   #22
tahdizzle
So elite I'm 1338

Drives: WRB Subaru BRZ
Thanked 1,934 Times in 982 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Garage
There are plenty of rumors of power increases for the twins..

Just because toyota hasn't produced a high out put 4 cylinder engine, does not mean it is not able.

They could easily produce a high output engine at that price range, but they would not be able to sell it in the us. Thus cutting out the largest consumer in the world. Toyota is the largest auto-manufacturer because of sound business decisions.

If they did make a high output engine, @ISDriven would be posting a thread about "why can't they put that engine into a twin?"

Which I would then reply with the same post. They could put it into a twin, and then not sell it in the us. Thus cutting out the largest consumer in the world.

You do not understand.

If you want these engines, put on your big boy pants, then bring your suitcase of millions dollars, and lobby Congress like everyone else. I just hope your suitcase is bigger than green peace's.
tahdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tahdizzle For This Useful Post:
BRZZZZZZZZZZ (06-28-2014)
Old 06-28-2014, 11:47 AM   #23
ISDriven

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahdizzle View Post
There are plenty of rumors of power increases for the twins..

Just because toyota hasn't produced a high out put 4 cylinder engine, does not mean it is not able.

They could easily produce a high output engine at that price range, but they would not be able to sell it in the us. Thus cutting out the largest consumer in the world. Toyota is the largest auto-manufacturer because of sound business decisions.

If they did make a high output engine, @ISDriven would be posting a thread about "why can't they put that engine into a twin?"

Which I would then reply with the same post. They could put it into a twin, and then not sell it in the us. Thus cutting out the largest consumer in the world.

You do not understand.

If you want these engines, put on your big boy pants, then bring your suitcase of millions dollars, and lobby Congress like everyone else. I just hope your suitcase is bigger than green peace's.
Wow,
tahdizzle, your condescending attitude is uncalled for. I think there is a massive misunderstanding of what I am trying to articulate. I am not in disagreement with you. I do understand, all too well actually. It's you who as not sought clarification or understanding of my posts. Instead of asking what I meant or what my position was, you made assumption and jumped to conclusions. Talk about needing to "grow up".

The fact is, it is you who does not understand my reasoning of this thread. Maybe I haven't presented it in a way for you to understand, however, I just don't have the time to dumb it down enough for you. Or perhaps I lack a big enough pry bar to pull your head out for your ass?

It's people like you that are the reason I stay off the forums nowadays . I outgrew your childish, arrogant behavior long ago.

Peace!
Old 06-28-2014, 12:08 PM   #24
gramicci101
Off Topic

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ Limited
Thanked 4,243 Times in 2,170 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
It's people like you that are the reason I stay off the forums nowadays . I outgrew your childish, arrogant behavior long ago.
You joined 12 days ago. That's an impressive conclusion to reach in 12 days.
gramicci101 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gramicci101 For This Useful Post:
Ammonia (06-28-2014)
Old 06-28-2014, 12:39 PM   #25
Ammonia

Drives: Whiteout FRS, Audi A4, 135i (sold)
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Wow,
tahdizzle, your condescending attitude is uncalled for. I think there is a massive misunderstanding of what I am trying to articulate. I am not in disagreement with you. I do understand, all too well actually. It's you who as not sought clarification or understanding of my posts. Instead of asking what I meant or what my position was, you made assumption and jumped to conclusions. Talk about needing to "grow up".

The fact is, it is you who does not understand my reasoning of this thread. Maybe I haven't presented it in a way for you to understand, however, I just don't have the time to dumb it down enough for you. Or perhaps I lack a big enough pry bar to pull your head out for your ass?

Peace!

You posted an arguably stupid topic. You got called out on it. You won't be missed.
Boxer486 (06-29-2014), BRZZZZZZZZZZ (06-28-2014), hmong337 (06-29-2014)
Old 06-28-2014, 12:43 PM   #26
Reaper
in orbe terrum non visi

Drives: violent
Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
and make 100ftlb of tq and need piston rings after 50,000 miles. I love you Honda, but you've changed. Done way too many rerings on ridgelines, accords, and vans.
Old 06-28-2014, 12:43 PM   #27
ISDriven

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gramicci101 View Post
You joined 12 days ago. That's an impressive conclusion to reach in 12 days.
It's not difficult when someone acts like that. Gramicce101, please let me be clear. My comments where directed at one individual, not everyone here. I hope you nor anyone else took offence.

I joined 12 days ago but, I have been using this site as a source of information for quite some time. Please don't assume that this is my first forum either, I've been on the broads for years, I know what to expect.

I have read many discussions here from people with conflicting views, but were carried out in a hospitable and friendly manor. I wasn't tying to be argumentative, I was just trying to have a discussion about cars. If that's how I came across to people then it's my bad. I appreciate constructive criticism and try to learn form it and I value people's prospective. It's when people become insulting and rude is when I have a problem. Why was I attacked, was that necessary? Was what I was said offensive to people?
Old 06-28-2014, 12:46 PM   #28
ISDriven

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammonia View Post
You posted an arguably stupid topic. You got called out on it. You won't be missed.
Be that as it may, do you see that as justification to personally attack someone?