follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 05-15-2014, 11:37 PM   #15
Burrcold

Drives: Subaru BRZ Limited
Thanked 1,586 Times in 776 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Limited. Done.
Old 05-16-2014, 12:54 AM   #16
Speed

Drives: BRZ soon
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cywinr View Post
I can't stand the red shoulder pads on the cloth seats and the A/C controls look like they are from the 90's. That's why I chose to upgrade to sport-tech.

I love all the extras it comes with but there are a few things that disappoint me.

The sat-nav isn't very good, but all GPS's I've used have been bad. The touch screen technology is way outdated. Also, the dials on the A/C controls have zero feed-back. It doesn't click when you turn it.
The red shoulder pads are only on the FRS, the premium has really nice cloth seats actually, material feels really nice and durable. If it had the same ugly shoulders, this would have made my choice easier.

The GPS is the same on the Premium so I'm stuck with that unless I upgrade.
And ya I didn't like much like the dial feedback and not a big fan of auto AC (it cycles between hot and cold too often sometimes to keep temp) its really just the look of the standard ones that bothers me and unfortunately can't find much to improve it.
Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 09:18 AM   #17
bunting1

Drives: 14 BRZ PRM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I researched and finally pulled the trigger on a red premium. I honestly bought the premium over the limited because I prefer the look of the car without a spoiler. It is an amazing car and I love every shift with the mt.

Congrats on your decision to get one. You will love it.
bunting1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 01:44 PM   #18
G-awesome

Drives: 2015 Firestorm Scion FRS
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
premium without hesitation! Didn't want the spoiler at all and could care less about push button start, dual climate control, heated seats, and keyless entry
G-awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 02:25 PM   #19
phuthinhon

Drives: 13 BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Limited and only because of the interior. I can't stand the interior of the Premium... Same reason I went with subaru over scion
phuthinhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 02:31 PM   #20
gramicci101
Off Topic

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ Limited
Thanked 4,243 Times in 2,170 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Having had Subaru cloth seats with significant miles on them, get the Limited just for the alcantara.

Keyless entry and push button start are snazzy features, but I agree that they're not required. I like them though.

Why don't you like heated seats? I'd have thought those would be a major selling point in Canada.

There are plenty of spoiler options if you don't like OEM, or even trunk swaps with premium cars.
gramicci101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 03:14 PM   #21
Ursam

Drives: 2014 SSM BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
My own personal preference (by far) is the Limited over the Premium. But, given that you don't like fog lights or heated seats, you hate the spoiler (to the point that you would actually pay to get it removed), and you don't care about keyless entry/pushbutton starting, it seems to me that the Premium is your obvious choice. In fact, I would think that a more relevant choice for you would be the Premium vs. the FRS.
Ursam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 04:33 PM   #22
extrashaky

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited
Thanked 5,618 Times in 2,266 Posts
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I went for the Limited BRZ because I saw my Limited Cherokee hold its value a little better over time than the lower models. I bought my Cherokee in 2000. In the used market, the Limiteds have always been in higher demand than their lower model counterparts. Even now if I wanted to sell mine, I would have no trouble selling it at a higher price than its Sport and Classic sisters.

Whenever a Limited Cherokee hits the junkyard, all the Limited parts are stripped off of it within days, if not hours. People go grab those parts and either upgrade their own rigs or sell them on eBay. Often you'll see fake Limiteds, where someone has gathered some of the Limited parts and put them on a Classic along with the Limited badges. Owners of true Limiteds will spot them fairly easily, because certain details will be missing.

I think this car will be similar. I suspect the Limited version will be easier to sell than the Premium, and I suspect that people will try to make fake Limiteds by upgrading Premiums to include the Limited options. I personally wouldn't have been unhappy if this car hadn't had the option for the upgrades, but I still like having them. I think if I ever did want to sell it, it would go faster for a higher number than the Premium.
extrashaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 04:53 PM   #23
Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramicci101 View Post
Why don't you like heated seats? I'd have thought those would be a major selling point in Canada.
I don't really cold down there, even when its -30F. Plus I usually wear a longer and heavier jacket coat when its that cold. Ive tried it in a few rental cars this year. If anything I would prefer a heated steering wheel so I don't have to wear gloves in the car. Seats that cool in the summer would be my preference also.

I know lots of people that love heated seats though.
Old 05-16-2014, 04:57 PM   #24
Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramicci101 View Post
There are plenty of spoiler options if you don't like OEM, or even trunk swaps with premium cars.
Ya I've been looking at the CARSMO and TRD one because they seem to hide the holes from the oem one. Still prefer the cleaner look of wingless. Trunk swap would be hard around these parts, SSM is quite rare, haven't seen one in person yet. Plus It's a lease so the dealership might ding me if I return it with a trunk that has a different VIN
Old 05-16-2014, 05:05 PM   #25
Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursam View Post
My own personal preference (by far) is the Limited over the Premium. But, given that you don't like fog lights or heated seats, you hate the spoiler (to the point that you would actually pay to get it removed), and you don't care about keyless entry/pushbutton starting, it seems to me that the Premium is your obvious choice. In fact, I would think that a more relevant choice for you would be the Premium vs. the FRS.
Ya I actually did check out the FRS first, but I like the BRZ bumper, Tach and cloth seats better. HIDs are also important for me, Limited would have been an easy choice if it only came on that trim.
Old 05-16-2014, 05:09 PM   #26
Speed

Wow I've just reread everything I wrote and it does seem like I'm defending the Premium a lot. Seems to be a better fit for me. I'm going to drop by the dealership again today and check them both out again.