follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) — General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) — General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

Register and become an FT86Club.com member. You will see fewer ads

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-19-2012, 10:56 AM   #15
OMNOM
OM NOM NOM NOM
 
OMNOM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Drives: 2013 Infiniti G37xS Sedan
Location: Fairfax, VA
Posts: 130
Thanks: 17
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
The only frustration I have is the huge range of time where my car could arrive. I am planning to sell my daily driver privately and would like a better estimate so I could know when it's ok to sell.
OMNOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:58 AM   #16
Dave-ROR
Site Moderator
 
Dave-ROR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Drives: Stuff
Location: Florida
Posts: 10,317
Thanks: 955
Thanked 5,965 Times in 2,689 Posts
Mentioned: 262 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMNOM View Post
The only frustration I have is the huge range of time where my car could arrive. I am planning to sell my daily driver privately and would like a better estimate so I could know when it's ok to sell.
You can figure out the month pretty easily, the day you won't know until your car is on a truck headed to the dealership.
__________________
-Dave
Track cars: 2013 Scion FRS, 1998 Acura Integra Type-R, 1993 Honda Civic Hatchback
DD: 2005 Acura TSX
Tow: 2022 F-450
Toys: 2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06, 1993 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1994 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
Parts: 2015 Subaru BRZ Limited, 2005 Acura TSX
Projects: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited track car build
FS: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 LT CCSB 8.1/Allison with 99k miles
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:25 AM   #17
OMNOM
OM NOM NOM NOM
 
OMNOM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Drives: 2013 Infiniti G37xS Sedan
Location: Fairfax, VA
Posts: 130
Thanks: 17
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-ROR View Post
You can figure out the month pretty easily, the day you won't know until your car is on a truck headed to the dealership.
I'd be able to guess the month with some accuracy, if my dealer would tell me what place I am in line. They haven't told me even though I asked, so it's still hard to gauge. I have cars I could use, but wouldn't want to have to rely on them for over 1-3 weeks (my gf's car).
OMNOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:37 AM   #18
dsgerbc
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Drives: BRZ(sold), STI
Location: A2, MI
Posts: 1,915
Thanks: 176
Thanked 419 Times in 241 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Grumpy old dude is grumpy. What else is new?
dsgerbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 03:34 PM   #19
Dave-ROR
Site Moderator
 
Dave-ROR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Drives: Stuff
Location: Florida
Posts: 10,317
Thanks: 955
Thanked 5,965 Times in 2,689 Posts
Mentioned: 262 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMNOM View Post
I'd be able to guess the month with some accuracy, if my dealer would tell me what place I am in line. They haven't told me even though I asked, so it's still hard to gauge. I have cars I could use, but wouldn't want to have to rely on them for over 1-3 weeks (my gf's car).
Ouch, crappy dealer That shouldn't be secret information.
__________________
-Dave
Track cars: 2013 Scion FRS, 1998 Acura Integra Type-R, 1993 Honda Civic Hatchback
DD: 2005 Acura TSX
Tow: 2022 F-450
Toys: 2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06, 1993 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1994 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
Parts: 2015 Subaru BRZ Limited, 2005 Acura TSX
Projects: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited track car build
FS: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 LT CCSB 8.1/Allison with 99k miles
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:42 AM   #20
feedbag
Seasoned Spirit
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Drives: 2013 DGM BRZ Premium
Location: North Texas
Posts: 339
Thanks: 175
Thanked 267 Times in 77 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
I want to punch in my VON and see this only for cars:

feedbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:10 AM   #21
M-17
Ninja Cat Mod
 
M-17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Drives: BRZ
Location: MASSACHUSETTS
Posts: 5,529
Thanks: 11,956
Thanked 6,255 Times in 2,673 Posts
Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
^ I'll quit getting mad at reposts when you do, haha.
__________________


Education is Important, but Race Cars are more Importanter
M-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 06:41 PM   #22
geb2391
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Drives: Subaru CBS BRZ Limited Auto
Location: Pocatello, Idaho
Posts: 137
Thanks: 0
Thanked 42 Times in 26 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Well I go out and have a nice Saturday and watch three grandkids in three different soccer games and yet another grandchild in her dance competition. Come home and decide to check the numerous forums for new information, MISTAKE.

Now I read information attributed to Dealerships, GM’s at dealerships or SOA contacts that say BRZ’s won’t be delivered or released until June 1st. Yet another that says they won’t get their number one order filled till August. I also read that we now have an additional one or two, depending on how you read them, different allocation methods for filling pre orders at dealerships, that must make at least six or seven different ways they are going to allocate according to all the forum information which is generally attributed to people in the know. DOES IT EVER END?

I still say, in spite of previous comments that this information blackout by Subaru, FHI, SOA or whoever makes little to no sense and still ask Why!

Ok back to reveling in the anticipation of someday getting my BRZ.
geb2391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 08:49 PM   #23
Dave-ROR
Site Moderator
 
Dave-ROR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Drives: Stuff
Location: Florida
Posts: 10,317
Thanks: 955
Thanked 5,965 Times in 2,689 Posts
Mentioned: 262 Post(s)
I haven't heard from any of my SoA or dealership contacts that anything has changed. :shrug:

Maybe just stop reading internet rumors and just wait for the call?
__________________
-Dave
Track cars: 2013 Scion FRS, 1998 Acura Integra Type-R, 1993 Honda Civic Hatchback
DD: 2005 Acura TSX
Tow: 2022 F-450
Toys: 2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06, 1993 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1994 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
Parts: 2015 Subaru BRZ Limited, 2005 Acura TSX
Projects: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited track car build
FS: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 LT CCSB 8.1/Allison with 99k miles
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 09:37 PM   #24
geb2391
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Drives: Subaru CBS BRZ Limited Auto
Location: Pocatello, Idaho
Posts: 137
Thanks: 0
Thanked 42 Times in 26 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Good advise, which I should head, but it's so tempting when your on the computer doing other things
geb2391 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anybody have any information on colour availability for the BRZ? Enemies CANADA 15 07-02-2012 06:41 PM
A little information about the Automatic ryude Engine, Exhaust, Transmission 2 12-03-2011 09:13 AM
New Information, 8/5/11 1660 Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum 214 08-17-2011 02:33 AM
Condensed Information Heimer Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum 43 07-23-2011 12:43 PM
Anyone else tired? DantKR Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum 22 12-23-2010 09:54 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.