follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack Specific topics relating to wheels and tires.

Register and become an FT86Club.com member. You will see fewer ads

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-09-2013, 08:20 AM   #15
Jtymay92
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Drives: 2013 Raven Scion FRS
Location: Victoria TX
Posts: 77
Thanks: 26
Thanked 12 Times in 7 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Here is what I've narrowed it down to.
1irezza Sport Z1 Star Spec
2:Bridgestone Potenza RE760 Sport(Ultra High Performance Summer)
3:Bridgestone Potenza RE-11(Extreme Performance Summer)
4:Hankook Ventus R-S3(Extreme Performance Summer)
Jtymay92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:23 AM   #16
Jtymay92
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Drives: 2013 Raven Scion FRS
Location: Victoria TX
Posts: 77
Thanks: 26
Thanked 12 Times in 7 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I am looking for Something that's gonna be great in dry/wet weather and that is gonna last me a good while I plan on doing 225/40/18 in front and either 245/35/18 rear or a 255/35/18 rear.
Jtymay92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:57 AM   #17
JoeBoxer
Senior Member
 
JoeBoxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Drives: Whiteout FR-S
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 4,154
Thanks: 1,666
Thanked 1,627 Times in 997 Posts
Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtymay92 View Post
I am looking for Something that's gonna be great in dry/wet weather and that is gonna last me a good while I plan on doing 225/40/18 in front and either 245/35/18 rear or a 255/35/18 rear.
If you want something to last a while the RE760 is probably the only one on your list, the other 3 are Extreme performance tires and you won't get a ton of miles out of them, wet weather traction as they get older usually suffers a lot too.
JoeBoxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:09 AM   #18
Jtymay92
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Drives: 2013 Raven Scion FRS
Location: Victoria TX
Posts: 77
Thanks: 26
Thanked 12 Times in 7 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBoxer View Post
If you want something to last a while the RE760 is probably the only one on your list, the other 3 are Extreme performance tires and you won't get a ton of miles out of them, wet weather traction as they get older usually suffers a lot too.
So the RE760 is a good tire for what I will be doing?
Jtymay92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:14 AM   #19
JoeBoxer
Senior Member
 
JoeBoxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Drives: Whiteout FR-S
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 4,154
Thanks: 1,666
Thanked 1,627 Times in 997 Posts
Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtymay92 View Post
So the RE760 is a good tire for what I will be doing?
I have never ran them but have heard they are pretty good. The Hankook V12 evo is very popular here also. Check out the Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetric 2 and the Michelin PSS those were 2 of my other options.

The Michelins are on special at TireRack in 225/40 and 255/35
JoeBoxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:53 AM   #20
Snoopyalien24
Mr. Sarcasm
 
Snoopyalien24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Drives: 2016 VW Jetta TSI Sport 5-Speed
Location: South Florida
Posts: 3,729
Thanks: 1,275
Thanked 753 Times in 491 Posts
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VROOOM View Post
I have Michelin Pilot Super Sports (235/30zr19 front 255/30zr19 rear) on Five Axis Staggered wheels. This is my DD and they are great dry or wet... and have super grip. You'll love them!!!
How much a tire, ~ the set ?
Snoopyalien24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:24 AM   #21
Pete
Senior Member
 
Pete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Drives: 22 BRZ
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 615
Thanks: 1,341
Thanked 478 Times in 230 Posts
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
I got michelin pilot super sports in the stock size on the stock wheels and I couldn't be happier. Wet and dry performance is superb. Performance tires were clearly meant for this car, they have improved many aspects of driving.

I got them at discount tire, was cheaper than tire rack. Also cheaper than the OEM tires.
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:30 AM   #22
Neziah
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: 2013 HotLava FRS, 2005 Legacy
Location: Driver's Seat
Posts: 394
Thanks: 97
Thanked 126 Times in 79 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
I've been running Toyo Proxes 4 on my DD. Pretty happy with them. I wanted something with decent life, decent dry performance, and good wet since it rains a lot here in Oregon. They were a huge improvement over stock.
__________________
----------
HotLava FRS MT
Neziah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:31 AM   #23
gmookher
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Drives: VortechSC,BorlaEL,Perrin,GCRace
Location: HighHeatHighAltitudeAZ,USA
Posts: 2,254
Thanks: 458
Thanked 669 Times in 394 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
pss>
gmookher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:37 AM   #24
greenguy101
VMFIC ORLANDO SCIKOTICS
 
greenguy101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 292
Thanks: 46
Thanked 144 Times in 64 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
I have the Nitto Motivo's and so far they seem to be a great performance tire. Very quiet and grippy.
__________________
"Silence is acceptance so start talking or quit bitching!"
greenguy101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:11 PM   #25
JoeBoxer
Senior Member
 
JoeBoxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Drives: Whiteout FR-S
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 4,154
Thanks: 1,666
Thanked 1,627 Times in 997 Posts
Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenguy101 View Post
I have the Nitto Motivo's and so far they seem to be a great performance tire. Very quiet and grippy.
I have those right now and they are an excellent all around tire, it is an all season though and will sacrifice a little grip to the summer tires.
JoeBoxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:12 PM   #26
sf86
Senior Member
 
sf86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Drives: Red Scion FRS AT
Location: North-CAL
Posts: 132
Thanks: 61
Thanked 26 Times in 24 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I have Hankook V12 225/40/18 front and 255/35/18 rear tires on the same wheel the op has or getting. It sticks to the road pretty well and its not that expensive.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2
sf86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:54 PM   #27
Foobar
SLO NO MO
 
Foobar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Drives: '19 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Location: NY, USA
Posts: 2,961
Thanks: 224
Thanked 1,062 Times in 738 Posts
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
I went with Yokohama S.Drive's. Lightweight, quiet, decent dry/wet grip. Not a great track tire, but for street driving, it's a decent tire.
Foobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:10 PM   #28
Tiremonkey0824
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Drives: 2013 Argento 6mt
Location: Spring, Texas
Posts: 151
Thanks: 11
Thanked 52 Times in 28 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I highly recommend falken Azenis 453, not to be mistaken for the 452. And take my word for it, I do tires for a living. I've been using these for the past 4k miles and they have been great for highway travel, wet traction and amazing in dry traction.
Tiremonkey0824 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hate the Tires I got with my winter tires PoRco Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack 30 12-31-2012 11:49 PM
Good place to buy rims & tires in GTA ArKiTeCkT CANADA 16 12-13-2012 10:25 AM
Inexpensive, but good max performance summer tires. bazguitarman Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack 43 11-20-2012 09:34 PM
FS: Gramlights 57d 17x9 +38 5x114.3 w/ tires 1500 miles on tires, $1800 shipped apexsti46 Wheels and Tires 6 09-05-2012 02:54 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.