follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 08-12-2011, 06:57 PM   #15
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Drives: ichi 86 Project
Thanked 19,096 Times in 8,333 Posts
Mentioned: 678 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranzformer View Post
I am seriously jealous of you in SLC. One of the places I want to eventually settle in after school. SLC, Denver/Boulder and Portland are the tops of my list. Mostly cause I love mountains, skiing, road biking, mountain biking, backpacking, hiking...etc. If you enjoy the outdoors ichi, you sure have a lot at your finger tips there in SLC. I have a mad crush on SLC if you can't tell.
I was born and raised in Japan, I am city boy~ All those things you've listed doesn't interest me. If it did, prob SLC would be better place... but not for me. I have not seen snow in my life til moved here. lol Winter time, I just hibernate whole time, it's too damn cold. Summer time, I'm busy w motorsports & sports (soccer, tennis, softball, etc). Utah only have 2 seasons: Winter & Summer and never Spring or Fall... well maybe day or two of Spring or Fall.

I guess, this proves that grass is greener on other side of the fence
Old 08-12-2011, 07:14 PM   #16
Abflug

Drives: MR2
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
BTT Sirs! :]

I saw the movie bout 2-3 months ago! Nice one, but nothing new i didnīt knew about Senna, but itīs worth watch it!

OT: Damn, I want to drive this monegasques steets so hard in my car...
Abflug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 07:17 PM   #17
Abflug

Drives: MR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRnold View Post
Man, I thought you were on top of your game here...

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showt...ighlight=Senna
and BTW this thread was so derailed, sorry!
Abflug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 07:19 PM   #18
tranzformer
Delights in pure handling

Drives: Zoom Zoom
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichitaka05 View Post
I was born and raised in Japan, I am city boy~ All those things you've listed doesn't interest me. If it did, prob SLC would be better place... but not for me. I have not seen snow in my life til moved here. lol Winter time, I just hibernate whole time, it's too damn cold. Summer time, I'm busy w motorsports & sports (soccer, tennis, softball, etc). Utah only have 2 seasons: Winter & Summer and never Spring or Fall... well maybe day or two of Spring or Fall.

Hahaha yeah. Here in KS we had something like 40 days this summer with temps above 100. So I can't wait until the winter. I live for the cold weather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomGT View Post
BTT Sirs! :]

I saw the movie bout 2-3 months ago! Nice one, but nothing new i didnīt knew about Senna, but itīs worth watch it!

OT: Damn, I want to drive this monegasques steets so hard in my car...

I heard great things about the way the documentary was put together and the old video footage was cut together. I read a few reviews and many say it is a very "emotional" documentary and makes a motor-sport enthusiast almost want to cry during it.
tranzformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 07:32 PM   #19
RRnold
2 wheel member

Drives: JZA80, 997.1, Taco
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Hey, my life would make a hellova awesome movie!
You can take the place of Ken Jeong for sure!

Quote:
Yeah I am SOL. But at least I don't have to deal with the crazy traffic/smog of LA and the insane cost of living. Here traffic lasts for 30-45min and you still do 40-50mph (as long as there is no accident or road work). So I guess I have that benefit. Also no earthquakes. Just have to deal with the occasional twister. Can't wait until tornado season so that I can do some more storm chasing.

I am seriously jealous of you in SLC. One of the places I want to eventually settle in after school. SLC, Denver/Boulder and Portland are the tops of my list. Mostly cause I love mountains, skiing, road biking, mountain biking, backpacking, hiking...etc. If you enjoy the outdoors ichi, you sure have a lot at your finger tips there in SLC. I have a mad crush on SLC if you can't tell.
Quote:

I've been to all 3 that you mentioned; Portland, Boulder and SLC. Out of all of them, esp if you love to mtn bike, Portland for sure! Plus Oregon doesn't have sales tax.

I was in Denver this past May and that touch is a huge pot town... Marijuana dispenseries everywhere. Most of the city looks pretty beat up and I thought the folks there were hippie-ish.

SLC is nice too but the Mormom church on every corner like 7-11 gets old quick. I went there to go hiking on Bryce Canyon and Zion but to also go check out the Miller Motorsports track in Tooele. The caravan I was with stopped at TGI in SLC and the bar was actually in the far back corner. Their drinks were watered down and the bottles have a special tag with less alcohol by volume (about 3%). The waitress also mentioned 3 state rules, 1)no double fisting, 2)can't order a drink w/out ordering food 3)No Happy Hour.

I also like to play sports and currently in 2 leagues; basketball and softball. I used to have a roadbike and a mountain bike (Felt Z25 full carbon w/SRAM components) and a Santa Cruz Blur. When it comes to winter, it's all about snowboarding and some of the best mountains are in California -Tahoe and Mammoth. It was surprised to hear all of the snow resorts in Colorado were already closed when Mammoth's last day is July 4th weekend.
Old 08-12-2011, 07:43 PM   #20
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Drives: ichi 86 Project
Thanked 19,096 Times in 8,333 Posts
Mentioned: 678 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRnold View Post
You can take the place of Ken Jeong for sure!

I've been to all 3 that you mentioned; Portland, Boulder and SLC. Out of all of them, esp if you love to mtn bike, Portland for sure! Plus Oregon doesn't have sales tax.

I was in Denver this past May and that touch is a huge pot town... Marijuana dispenseries everywhere. Most of the city looks pretty beat up and I thought the folks there were hippie-ish.

SLC is nice too but the Mormom church on every corner like 7-11 gets old quick. I went there to go hiking on Bryce Canyon and Zion but to also go check out the Miller Motorsports track in Tooele. The caravan I was with stopped at TGI in SLC and the bar was actually in the far back corner. Their drinks were watered down and the bottles have a special tag with less alcohol by volume (about 3%). The waitress also mentioned 3 state rules, 1)no double fisting, 2)can't order a drink w/out ordering food 3)No Happy Hour.

I also like to play sports and currently in 2 leagues; basketball and softball. I used to have a roadbike and a mountain bike (Felt Z25 full carbon w/SRAM components) and a Santa Cruz Blur. When it comes to winter, it's all about snowboarding and some of the best mountains are in California -Tahoe and Mammoth. It was surprised to hear all of the snow resorts in Colorado were already closed when Mammoth's last day is July 4th weekend.
LMAO Hella yeah!!!!

Yeah, drink here sucks... suck really bad! It's hella water down. Good thing I don't drink, it's waste of money drinking in Utah.

MMP is really fun. Been to several time, but haven't done full track yet (hopefully next yr).
Old 08-12-2011, 08:03 PM   #21
n2oinferno
Praise Helix!

Drives: Accord 2.0T, Silverado
Thanked 2,208 Times in 1,072 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Not playing anywhere here, otherwise I'd go see it for sure.
n2oinferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 03:08 AM   #22
R_E_L
He's got this.

Drives: 50th Anni BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
wow hadn't realized this was coming out this week. i'm definitely gonna make the effort to go see it. should be incredible.
Old 08-13-2011, 09:47 AM   #23
Random_Art
professional smartass

Drives: 16 speed mountain bike...
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Atlanta gets screwed over rather often for limited release films. Looks like I'll be waiting for DVD

Goodbye Celica, you served me well.

http://artsofrandomness.blogspot.com/
Random_Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 11:50 AM   #24
Marrk

Drives: Honda Fit
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I was all set to see it (you remember, _Senna_, the thread topic ) last night, but the theater was pretty crowded. I don't enjoy crowds. Maybe I'll get the DVD.

It's supposed to be quite good.

Last edited by Marrk; 08-13-2011 at 12:04 PM.
Marrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 11:55 AM   #25
Marrk

Quote:
I am city boy~

I feel you, bro. I'm a city boy, too. :happy0180:
Old 08-13-2011, 12:00 PM   #26
Marrk

Quote:
Yeah I am SOL. But at least I don't have to deal with the crazy traffic/smog of LA and the insane cost of living. Here traffic lasts for 30-45min and you still do 40-50mph (as long as there is no accident or road work). So I guess I have that benefit. Also no earthquakes. Just have to deal with the occasional twister. Can't wait until tornado season so that I can do some more storm chasing.

It's true. There are some things about L.A. that totally suck. But I haven't found a better place for car and motorcycle culture.

The roads out here will break your heart. And once you see your first few beautiful blondes in $180k sports cars, you'll need a lobster bib to keep from drooling on your chest.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:01 AM   #27
oneday
Opinionated

Drives: Something Red
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
It's opening in Philly this weekend...tickets ordered...can't wait.
Old 08-15-2011, 03:48 PM   #28
Dimman
Kuruma Otaku

Drives: Mk3 Supra with Semi-built 7MGTE
Thanked 2,265 Times in 1,234 Posts
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
LMAO Hella yeah!!!!

Yeah, drink here sucks... suck really bad! It's hella water down. Good thing I don't drink, it's waste of money drinking in Utah.

MMP is really fun. Been to several time, but haven't done full track yet (hopefully next yr).
??? Are you sure you are Nihonjin???

Because titanium.
Dimman is offline   Reply With Quote