follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 2nd Gens: GR86 and BRZ > BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) -- General Topics

BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) -- General Topics General topics for the second-gen BRZ

User Tag List

Old 04-21-2022, 11:00 PM   #15
DNAcomposition

Drives: '23 BRZ Limited 6MT WRB
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by autosenses View Post
Sweet.

Kinda sweet I got a 23. Just hope it's here by the fall.

Limited
Sapphire Blue
6pd
Nice, Sapphire Blue would be my second choice. Yes, hopefully we get our cars sooner than later!
DNAcomposition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 11:06 PM   #16
Brz-123

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Folks, let's not forget the same factory makes GR86s and UK had their GR86 order book open up on Tuesday at 10 am and the full allocation for the year (Rumoured 400 cars) sold out in an hour and a half. Our deliveries are promised in Aug Sep , so clearly the current focus is GR86 for EU and UK. No idea of the Australia , Newzeland launches either. I will hedge a bet and say about Sept time is when they should make the next batch of 23 BRZs.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
Brz-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 08:53 AM   #17
Desertnate
Spelling Impaired

Drives: 2022 BRZ Limited WR Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Oh here we go with the weirdass business theories again. The $600 increase on the difference between the number of 2022 and 2023 cars made is not even a flyspeck in the Subaru budget. Be like you getting a thousandth of a cent a week raise.
You really think they are going to lose sales between now and whenever the 2023 shows up for $600 a unit? God those planners at Subaru are stupid.
Yeah, highly doubt the price difference will change anything especially with '22 orders backed up the rest of the MY and on-lot units almost impossible to find.

In the grand scheme of things $600 is right on a 2% inflationary factor if using $30K for the average price of the vehicle. In previous years 2% was exactly the figure we'd use for long range cost planning. In today's world it is probably not even close. Subaru's manufacturing costs are probably increasing way faster than 2%. We should be happy prices aren't going up more.
Desertnate is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Desertnate For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (04-22-2022), DNAcomposition (04-22-2022), MyHybridBurnsGasAndTires (04-24-2022), Tcoat (04-22-2022)
Old 04-22-2022, 06:13 PM   #18
Crusader

Drives: 2022 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNAcomposition View Post
Submitted my 2023 order this afternoon. Fingers crossed that it delivers in July/Aug timeframe.
I hope yours comes that fast. I ordered a 2022 in late December 2021 and have a July delivery timeframe.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 07:33 PM   #19
DNAcomposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
I hope yours comes that fast. I ordered a 2022 in late December 2021 and have a July delivery timeframe.
Wow, hopefully yours comes sooner than July. I won't be surprised at all if mine gets pushed past Aug. Just glad that I don't have to endlessly search online daily for cars that end up being sold orders. Relieved to be in a queue with a VON.
Old 04-23-2022, 12:19 AM   #20
autosenses

Drives: 22 Raven 86, 19 STI, 15MK7 SE daily
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNAcomposition View Post
Wow, hopefully yours comes sooner than July. I won't be surprised at all if mine gets pushed past Aug. Just glad that I don't have to endlessly search online daily for cars that end up being sold orders. Relieved to be in a queue with a VON.
Omg, I share the sentiment. Infuriating search all the time..Now I can sit and be semi relived. I want a VON, just going to have t wait. I hope it all finally works out. The last couples of years has sucked. Obviously.
autosenses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 10:48 AM   #21
BRZ549

Drives: '90 TA, '03 WRX, '97 Del Sol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
Same here except i ordered in early December. Was hoping the delivery date would move forward a month or two but that doesn't look likely.
BRZ549 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 02:49 AM   #22
Flarpswitch

Drives: 2022 BRZ Ltd, 2019 Ascent
I never understood the model year designation and actual manufacture date connection. My friends who bought domestic brands would talk about waiting until fall to get the next year's model as if it were a loaf of bread with a 'Best by date' so it would be worth more when it came time to trade in or sell it. When Subaru came out with the 2014 Forester which was a big change from the previous generation, they ended production of the 2013 model year very early to start production of the 2014. I saw the 2014 at a car show in January of 2013 and got ours in April of that year. It was at the same car show that I saw the BRZ. It was April of 2018 when I finally got around to buy a BRZ and I went to order a 2018 model, but the big push by the dealer to sell me the 2017 BRZ on the lot drove me to another dealer to get a 2017 BRZ in the color I wanted at a better price as well. My 2017 BRZ had a manufacture date of 10/2017 so it wasn't something that was laying around since the last quarter of 2016. An example of how haywire the model year and manufacture date goes nuts is my 2018 Winnebago Navion motor home was built in the first quarter of 2017 on a Mercedes-Benz Sprinter chassis built 09/2016. When I ordered the particular build, it got in too late for the 2017 model years, so I was told. That got me a small price increase on the base model, but all the extra features came at the original 2017 price. I also got most of the features found on the 2017, but discovered when the 2018 brochures finally came out, many of the options were discontinued. What year is it really? Well, it depends on what you want to do. For registration and insurance, it is a 2018. For warranty, it is time and mileage from the date of delivery. For the actual nuts and bolts servicing, the Mercedes-Benz Sprinter is a 2016, so I have to go to that parts catalog. For something that is third party such as the German made tankless hot water heater, I would have to refer to the model number and the date of manufacture in case there was a mid-year change. For something that was engineered and manufactured at the Winnebago factory, well good luck. Often it is a matter of going through parts catalogs and it is like going to the police station and looking at mug shots to find the right match.
Old 04-26-2022, 10:20 AM   #23
OkieSnuffBox

Drives: '23 BRZ Limited
Thanked 1,233 Times in 705 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I'm going today to order a Red Limited 6spd manual. Probably do the short throw shifter and some of the STi aero pieces, but haven't decided on that just yet.
OkieSnuffBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 12:11 PM   #24
DNAcomposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieSnuffBox View Post
I'm going today to order a Red Limited 6spd manual. Probably do the short throw shifter and some of the STi aero pieces, but haven't decided on that just yet.
Best of luck with the order! I added the short throw shifter to my order as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to DNAcomposition For This Useful Post:
OkieSnuffBox (04-26-2022)
Old 04-26-2022, 02:07 PM   #25
OkieSnuffBox

Done and done. I decided to wait on the aero pieces as I can always buy those later and install myself.

'23 Red Limited, manual w/short shifter.

They tried to add a $1k markup, I just flat said, "Nope, I'm not paying any mark up." (This is the first time I've ever even paid MSRP for a new car).

He pulled the let me go ask my manager stuff. I just told him, "Tell him you have someone in the showroom ready to put down a deposit and place an order." He was back in about 90 seconds saying they waived it.

According to them, expected delivery is August/September. But I think that's a bit optimistic. I wouldn't surprised if it's not here until November. Especially with Nissan just noting they pushed back the Z from Spring to Summer for deliveries.
Old 04-26-2022, 02:46 PM   #26
Yoshoobaroo
TRACKBREAD

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Thanked 4,031 Times in 1,898 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Done and done. I decided to wait on the aero pieces as I can always buy those later and install myself.

They tried to add a $1k markup, I just flat said, "Nope, I'm not paying any mark up." (This is the first time I've ever even paid MSRP for a new car).

He pulled the let me go ask my manager stuff. I just told him, "Tell him you have someone in the showroom ready to put down a deposit and place an order." He was back in about 90 seconds saying they waived it.

According to them, expected delivery is August/September. But I think that's a bit optimistic. I wouldn't surprised if it's not here until November. Especially with Nissan just noting they pushed back the Z from Spring to Summer for deliveries.

Hell yea red limited.

I initially added the aero pieces too, but removed them from my order because they would have arrived 3 months after the car. After seeing the car’s shape in person for a while, I decided it didn’t need the sti aero. Glad I waited in hindsight.
Yoshoobaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 03:03 PM   #27
Flarpswitch

Drives: 2022 BRZ Ltd, 2019 Ascent
Quote:

I checked around quite a lot and MSRP is standard; not a penny more should you pay unless you get something in return that you feel is 'value added'. MSRP is fair to everyone taking into account that the dealer will be in possession of your car measured in hours before they turn it over to you. Never fall for the line about any premium costs are because of some form of enhanced service. The service department has to carry it's own weight. I remember when I worked at a dealer, the sales department used to say it was they who kept the lights on. Right. Who was it that was always coming down to our shop to ask favors for their customers? My Subaru dealer does have stuff like a fancy lounge and good coffee, a dog park and hiking paths. There is even a Roach Coach over on the end near their sister Toyota dealer.
Old 04-26-2022, 03:25 PM   #28
OkieSnuffBox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshoobaroo View Post
Hell yea red limited.

I initially added the aero pieces too, but removed them from my order because they would have arrived 3 months after the car. After seeing the car’s shape in person for a while, I decided it didn’t need the sti aero. Glad I waited in hindsight.
Yeah, the red to me, really stands out. And it doesn't seem like many have ordered reds. I was torn between red, the dark gray metallic (can't think of the exact same now), and Crystal White.

I decide to go red because of the interior stitching. And the red is the least dull color to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flarpswitch View Post
I checked around quite a lot and MSRP is standard; not a penny more should you pay unless you get something in return that you feel is 'value added'. MSRP is fair to everyone taking into account that the dealer will be in possession of your car measured in hours before they turn it over to you. Never fall for the line about any premium costs are because of some form of enhanced service. The service department has to carry it's own weight. I remember when I worked at a dealer, the sales department used to say it was they who kept the lights on. Right. Who was it that was always coming down to our shop to ask favors for their customers? My Subaru dealer does have stuff like a fancy lounge and good coffee, a dog park and hiking paths. There is even a Roach Coach over on the end near their sister Toyota dealer.
Yeah, even then MSRP is really only acceptable to me because of the current global market/supply issues. When I bought my '15 BRZ back in Oct '14 I think I got 1800 off MSRP.