follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs)

Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs) Wash, Wax, Details, Repairs

Register and become an FT86Club.com member. You will see fewer ads

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-06-2020, 01:57 PM   #15
beltax90
Senior Member
 
beltax90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Drives: 2010 corolla
Location: california
Posts: 426
Thanks: 1,592
Thanked 1,803 Times in 783 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaR86 View Post
I watch The Detail Geek. He's one of the copy and paste detail channels like Stauffer Garage but his camera angles are better.


I just bought some detail brushes because I was binging detail channels, I had knowledge of detailing before (Wash, Clay, Polish, Wax, 303) but it gives me that itch to go further.
car cleaning guru is my guy. I think hes from ireland?? calming and that accent tho:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zk09vu6BzoU[/ame]
beltax90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 03:57 PM   #16
gtpvette
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Drives: 2015 FRS - FFR GTM
Location: Key Largo, FL
Posts: 788
Thanks: 241
Thanked 829 Times in 381 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Well got after it a bit yesterday. Went around the car 3-4 time with the pressure cleaner still all kinds of stuff in the paint. Foamed it a few times then ended up washing it 3-4 times. Still an incredible amount of stuff in the paint. Two 100 gram clay bars later not too bad. Lots of fine scratches though. Wanted to use the DA on it but the backer pad is shot. Hit one fender with the high sped buffer and it took the ugly scratches out but slings cutting compound everywhere. Car needs the DA but should be OK. Wont ever let this happen again,, what a PITA.
Attached Images
  
__________________

2015 FR-S - One Day I'll Finish The Swap
gtpvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 08:48 PM   #17
Dadhawk
Senior Member
 
Dadhawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Location: Powder Springs, GA
Posts: 20,177
Thanks: 39,818
Thanked 25,547 Times in 11,650 Posts
Mentioned: 187 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadhawk View Post
I'm washing my car today using naturally occurring soft fall water. It will probably take all day, at least according to the weather report.
I've now been washing my car for 6 straight days using this method, and it looks like it may continue for another 6. It can stop anytime now!
__________________
Olivia 05/03/2012 - 01/06/2024. 231,146 glorious miles.

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Know what I want but cant find it help!!! CxG Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment 5 04-04-2017 11:16 PM
Baby Blue has her first bath Caspian Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum 8 12-02-2014 12:18 AM
Where can I find this?... Juan_Ri Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) 14 04-24-2013 10:16 AM
[GTA] Where can I find... drei CANADA 39 12-05-2012 04:37 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.