follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > Members Classifieds > Cars for Sale/Trade

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 02:23 PM   #15
OrbitalEllipses
Banned

Drives: Attitude
Thanked 4,889 Times in 2,902 Posts
Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
I shall miss our banter.
Old 11-12-2013, 02:24 PM   #16
ModBargains.com

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Tut View Post
I am upgrading to a 2012 BMW M3 with Individual paint and interior.

Guess I'll see you back on M3forum again, then lol. GLWS!
Old 11-12-2013, 02:27 PM   #17
King Tut
NASA SpecE30 Racer

Drives: 2006 Honda S2000
Thanked 5,759 Times in 3,055 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
Tagged: 10 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to King Tut
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitalEllipses View Post
I shall miss our banter.
I'm not going anywhere. I plan to stay friends with all the BRZ/FR-S owners I have met. I have knowledge and banter that needs to be shared with this forum for years to come.
akuhei (11-12-2013), CajunFRS (11-18-2013), enjoi23 (11-15-2013), ftc~brz (12-03-2013), Guff (11-15-2013), lbroskee (01-28-2014), Marchy (11-14-2013), OrbitalEllipses (11-12-2013), Sportsguy83 (11-12-2013), ysr50guy (12-11-2013)
Old 11-12-2013, 02:40 PM   #18
h4nh

Drives: Turbo BRZ & Supercharged E90 M3
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Tut View Post
I am upgrading to a 2012 BMW M3 with Individual paint and interior.
Sweet what color? It'd be awesome to keep both. They're both great cars.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:13 PM   #19
MikeW

Drives: 2013 BRZ | 2013 WRX | 1991 318i
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTHachiRoku View Post
I just don't understand why/how people can put so much time and money into cars like this then basically throw it away.

Well, good luck on that M3 mate. Keep us updated!
I think I know Chris a little and will take a crack at why he, or at least some people, may modify and flip cars faster than most can figure out what all the buttons do. I think its about the process and not the possession. Chris has an amazing shop at his home and loves the process of modifying a car to make it the best it can be. I doubt there is any car on the market that would satisfy him since the perfect specimen would merely translate into something that offered no challenge. He has a day job so the mod work is a hobby, not to mention when you are modifying a car to the degree he does nobody would ever be willing to pay the real cost to support as a business. Nor, in the case of a business, would he get to enjoy/experience the ride for 15k miles. Some people spend ten thousand a year on membership fees, to each his own. I respect what he does, and the fact that he is most generous with his shop and time to anyone wishing for assistance makes his pursuits all the more meaningful.

I may be all wrong about Chris because I honestly don't know him that well. But he did offer his shop and assistance to me after just three exchanges on a thread. It wasn't an empty offer, he gave me three weekends to choose from. I am dragging my feet on what FI to buy so nothing has happened yet, but it doesn't get any better than that.

So maybe he's just a guy that builds shit for fun and then sells it for a loss. But the loss is simply the fee he pays to enjoy the experience. The loss is also the fantastic value someone gets when they purchase a vehicle that has been put together with more love and care than any professional shop could afford to do. This I would guess, is also something of value Chris takes away from the experience.

Well done Chris, beautiful car and sounds like a great new project on the horizon!

BTY - I listed my BRZ for the express reason to try and buy Chris's car.

Last edited by MikeW; 11-12-2013 at 03:24 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to MikeW For This Useful Post:
Synack (11-13-2013)
Old 11-12-2013, 03:37 PM   #20
King Tut
NASA SpecE30 Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeW View Post
I think I know Chris a little and will take a crack at why he, or at least some people, may modify and flip cars faster than most can figure out what all the buttons do. I think its about the process and not the possession. Chris has an amazing shop at his home and loves the process of modifying a car to make it the best it can be. I doubt there is any car on the market that would satisfy him since the perfect specimen would merely translate into something that offered no challenge. He has a day job so the mod work is a hobby, not to mention when you are modifying a car to the degree he does nobody would ever be willing to pay the real cost to support as a business. Nor, in the case of a business, would he get to enjoy/experience the ride for 15k miles. Some people spend ten thousand a year on membership fees, to each his own. I respect what he does, and the fact that he is most generous with his shop and time to anyone wishing for assistance makes his pursuits all the more meaningful.

I may be all wrong about Chris because I honestly don't know him that well. But he did offer his shop and assistance to me after just three exchanges on a thread. It wasn't an empty offer, he gave me three weekends to choose from. I am dragging my feet on what FI to buy so nothing has happened yet, but it doesn't get any better than that.

So maybe he's just a guy that builds shit for fun and then sells it for a loss. But the loss is simply the fee he pays to enjoy the experience. The loss is also the fantastic value someone gets when they purchase a vehicle that has been put together with more love and care than any professional shop could afford to do. This I would guess, is also something of value Chris takes away from the experience.
You nailed it pretty well although I don't own a shop or have a shop. I wish I did. I do almost all of my work on cars in the driveway on jackstands. I have a small house with a one car garage, and with living in Florida it is nicer to work in the driveway with a breeze and lots of space. I installed every mod on this car in my driveway. Everyone that knows me including the local Subaru club (ECSC) knows how much I love working on and modifying cars. I built my SpecE30 from a $800 car with fuel leaks, a bad shifter, and a tranny with no 3rd-5th gear.

The truth is I enjoy the process of building a car more than I enjoy the driving sometimes. I am fortunate to have the income to be able to spend a bunch of money on this hobby. My last E92 M3 made it in a magazine ad for Volk and Bimmerworld. It was the greatest car I have ever owned, and I want to experience one again in my favorite BMW color of all time. Here are my last two M3s, and this new one is going to be a combo of both:

Last edited by King Tut; 11-12-2013 at 04:10 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to King Tut For This Useful Post:
armythug (11-14-2013), ftc~brz (12-03-2013), GTB/ZR-1 (11-13-2013), Mr. (11-12-2013)
Old 11-12-2013, 03:39 PM   #21
King Tut
NASA SpecE30 Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by h4nh View Post
Sweet what color? It'd be awesome to keep both. They're both great cars.
The color is Laguna Seca Blue and the interior is Rust Brown to go along with custom Piano Black trim.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:54 PM   #22
MikeW

Drives: 2013 BRZ | 2013 WRX | 1991 318i
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Gorgeous!! I ordered Jake's turbo kit for my E30 318i M42, which should be here before Christmas. Pretty excited about that and have also been keeping an eye out for the right E36 M3 to pop up. Another turbo project in the cards for the new bimmer?
Old 11-12-2013, 04:09 PM   #23
OrbitalEllipses
Banned

Drives: Attitude
Thanked 4,889 Times in 2,902 Posts
Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Process is everything.
Old 11-12-2013, 04:11 PM   #24
King Tut
NASA SpecE30 Racer

Quote:
Gorgeous!! I ordered Jake's turbo kit for my E30 318i M42, which should be here before Christmas. Pretty excited about that and have also been keeping an eye out for the right E36 M3 to pop up. Another turbo project in the cards for the new bimmer?
Doubtful. I really bought this car because it is the last all motor BMW M3. I will most likely be purchasing the new M4 in the future which will give me a turbo again. You let me know when we can install that turbo kit. I know a bunch of local E30 guys now, and hopefully we can get them all together to help/watch and have a good time. I did ask LJ @FullBlown if he would be coming out with a turbo kit for the S65. He said it was doubtful as well.
Old 11-12-2013, 11:54 PM   #25
OICU812
Just a dude

Drives: Scion FR-S 2013
Thanked 1,188 Times in 852 Posts
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Garage
Sad but understood indeed. You've been one here that's been very helpful. Glws indeed!
Old 11-13-2013, 12:15 AM   #26
Khánh

Drives: sc00ter
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

Well done Chris, beautiful car and sounds like a great new project on the horizon!

BTY - I listed my BRZ for the express reason to try and buy Chris's car.

from this it makes me wanna meet him haha

nice car and GLWS!!
Old 11-13-2013, 10:15 AM   #27
ML

Drives: 13 White MT FR-S
Thanked 1,137 Times in 524 Posts
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Garage
It was good meeting you down in ol' Pensacola, and being left in the dust by the brz beast was an honor!

Build Thread https://www.instagram.com/mount_tele_lion/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Symbiont View Post
I swear I will punch your car if you put these on. Right in the face.
Old 11-13-2013, 10:30 AM   #28
Synack
Boosted

Drives: Sideways
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Too bad we never had that drag race

Closed Thread

Tags
full blown, king tut, limited, sale, turbo