follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 2nd Gens: GR86 and BRZ > GR86 General Topics (2nd Gen 2022+ Toyota 86)

GR86 General Topics (2nd Gen 2022+ Toyota 86) General topics for the GR86 second-gen 86

User Tag List

Old 06-29-2022, 03:21 PM   #225
Sport-Tech

Drives: TBD
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Anyone know if a Quebec dealer would be at all open to selling out of province? I'd imagine they'd not be thrilled about losing the service business.
Sport-Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 04:29 PM   #226
fredzy
Mebmer

Drives: Sienna, GR86, FL5
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
If having to wait for a car in the colour ad trim level you want is the worst thing happening in your life then I have news for you.

Haha no doubt, I think of this picture all the time. Totally dumb to get bent out of shape over something you don't even need. Ah, consumerism. Just when you're convinced you're immune..
fredzy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fredzy For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (06-29-2022)
Old 06-29-2022, 05:09 PM   #227
Rustyoid

Drives: 2022 GR86
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport-Tech View Post
Anyone know if a Quebec dealer would be at all open to selling out of province? I'd imagine they'd not be thrilled about losing the service business.
Depends on the dealer. Most dealers operate as 3-4 seperate "stores"; sales (sometimes split between new/used), parts and service. All under the same roof, but operate independently of each other.

We have stopped taking orders from anyone out of province as there are so many resellers and we want to make sure as many allocations go to real customers. But for our used cars we don't care who buys them.

In boucherville's case, I have not talked to them. But they did have the last 22 Premium MT allocated to them a little while back, it was white. Someone here called and apparently they were not willing to deal on it, and would only take down their information to add to their list. Now they have gotten ANOTHER premium MT, this makes me think they are waiting for the vehicles to arrive, adding a mark up, and then calling down their list. Instead of actually placing order requests for customers.
Rustyoid is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rustyoid For This Useful Post:
Sport-Tech (06-29-2022), Tcoat (06-29-2022)
Old 06-29-2022, 05:38 PM   #228
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,286 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2497 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustyoid View Post
Depends on the dealer. Most dealers operate as 3-4 seperate "stores"; sales (sometimes split between new/used), parts and service. All under the same roof, but operate independently of each other.

We have stopped taking orders from anyone out of province as there are so many resellers and we want to make sure as many allocations go to real customers. But for our used cars we don't care who buys them.

In boucherville's case, I have not talked to them. But they did have the last 22 Premium MT allocated to them a little while back, it was white. Someone here called and apparently they were not willing to deal on it, and would only take down their information to add to their list. Now they have gotten ANOTHER premium MT, this makes me think they are waiting for the vehicles to arrive, adding a mark up, and then calling down their list. Instead of actually placing order requests for customers.
They are advertising on their site at MSRP so if the laws are the same as Ontario the only price increase can be for dealer add ons.
Attached Images

Sport-Tech (06-29-2022)
Old 06-29-2022, 06:57 PM   #229
Backfire

Drives: 2015 FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
They are advertising on their site at MSRP so if the laws are the same as Ontario the only price increase can be for dealer add ons.
Yup, it's the same in Ontario. Any advertised pricing (as advertised by a registered dealer) must be all-in pricing according to the MVDA. Any deviation from this can be reported to OMVIC.
Backfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 07:43 PM   #230
Tcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backfire View Post
Yup, it's the same in Ontario. Any advertised pricing (as advertised by a registered dealer) must be all-in pricing according to the MVDA. Any deviation from this can be reported to OMVIC.
I know the Ontario law. it is the PQ one I am sure of.
Old 06-30-2022, 02:21 PM   #231
Backfire

Garage
Quote:
I know the Ontario law. it is the PQ one I am sure of.
"Unsure"? Sorry, I must have misread your other post!

Other than coastal provinces, it's the same law (generally speaking) from AB to QC.
The Following User Says Thank You to Backfire For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (06-30-2022)
Old 06-30-2022, 06:14 PM   #232
Petah78

Drives: 2022 BRZ sport-tech
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
If anyone is around the Ottawa/Kingston/MTL/Toronto area, i know of an unclaimed base red GR86 at one of the local dealerships. PM me and i can provide you with the dealership info.

** FULL Disclosure ** I am NOT affiliated with this dealership. Just I was cold calling a while back when i was shopping and left my contact and they called me back today. Thanks.
Past: 92 EG w/JDM B18C, 00 EK w/JDM B18C, 04 600RR, 97 ITR #421, 10 Acura CSX-S, 17 BRZ
Current: 22 BRZ, 00 S2K - #0220
Petah78 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Petah78 For This Useful Post:
Ambassador Foolish (06-30-2022), Tcoat (06-30-2022)
Old 06-30-2022, 07:47 PM   #233
Slanders

Drives: 2022 GR86
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Halo white premium manual available in Simcoe Ontario?

Autotrader lists it...

https://www.autotrader.ca/a/toyota/g...%205R9&sprx=50

...but it doesn't show up in inventory on their web site.
Slanders is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Slanders For This Useful Post:
Ambassador Foolish (07-01-2022)
Old 06-30-2022, 08:10 PM   #234
2020BRZtS

Drives: '20 BRZ tS (15/300) / '09 Scion tC
Garage
Quote:
I'm not sure that can be inferred by the website. The * leaves a lot to interpretation.

* Calculated price is based on the manufacturer's suggested retail price. Shipping and preparation included, taxes extra. The rebate and purchase price displayed may vary depending on whether the vehicle is leased, financed, or paid in cash. Please note the Drive Green government rebates are included if applicable, does not include taxes. While every reasonable effort is made to ensure the accuracy of this information, we are not responsible for any errors or omissions contained on these pages. Prices, payments and rates are subject to change without notice, please verify all information and pricing with a sales representative or ask online.
Old 06-30-2022, 09:31 PM   #235
Tcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020BRZtS View Post
I'm not sure that can be inferred by the website. The * leaves a lot to interpretation.

* Calculated price is based on the manufacturer's suggested retail price. Shipping and preparation included, taxes extra. The rebate and purchase price displayed may vary depending on whether the vehicle is leased, financed, or paid in cash. Please note the Drive Green government rebates are included if applicable, does not include taxes. While every reasonable effort is made to ensure the accuracy of this information, we are not responsible for any errors or omissions contained on these pages. Prices, payments and rates are subject to change without notice, please verify all information and pricing with a sales representative or ask online.
The disclaimer doesn’t help as far as advertised price goes. If it is on a dealer site then that is the price by law here. They could change the price on the site however. The law prevents them advertising one price and then marking up when you show up but does not restrict them to charging whatever they want. If they want to mark them up to $100,000 they can as long as the online, print ad and showroom prices are all $100,000.
Old 07-02-2022, 02:25 PM   #236
Backfire

Garage
Was just told (at the dealer) that it’s now illegal to mark up prices on new cars. I don’t have a reference to legislation for that one. This was in Ontario though.
Old 07-02-2022, 02:34 PM   #237
Backfire

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petah78 View Post
If anyone is around the Ottawa/Kingston/MTL/Toronto area, i know of an unclaimed base red GR86 at one of the local dealerships. PM me and i can provide you with the dealership info.

** FULL Disclosure ** I am NOT affiliated with this dealership. Just I was cold calling a while back when i was shopping and left my contact and they called me back today. Thanks.
Gone (mine!). Thanks for the deets. Pickup later this week. Saves me a year+ off waiting lists. If you’re in the Ottawa area and go to meets, I owe you a few coffees at least.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Backfire For This Useful Post:
Petah78 (07-02-2022), Tcoat (07-02-2022)
Old 07-02-2022, 02:57 PM   #238
Tcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backfire View Post
Was just told (at the dealer) that it’s now illegal to mark up prices on new cars. I don’t have a reference to legislation for that one. This was in Ontario though.
I can find zero reference that changes the existing law. The manufacturer recommended price is still only a recommendation not a requirement.
There is no way that they would ever legislate that the recommended price is fixed. If they do that does it also mean that the dealer can’t reduce the price to make deals? The law that stats the sticker price can’t be increased unless all advertising reflects that remains in place.
If this was a new law the internet would be full of info. There is not one single word.

Everybody needs to understand that the dealerships are not the manufacturer and can do what they want within their contracts.
https://www.goauto.ca/msrp

This is the only legislation for car prices in Ontario. Nothing about using the recommended price.
https://www.omvic.on.ca/portal/Consu...InPricing.aspx