follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > EUROPE

User Tag List

Old 04-11-2013, 03:15 PM   #211
projectXTR

Drives: Sterling Silver BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Anyone of you guys know where to get the Spyderauto tail lights here in Belgium or Europe in general?
projectXTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 03:29 PM   #212
elBarto

Drives: Toyota GT86
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Nickson_ View Post
More news, there now is a milltek exhaust with ec approval available !!!

http://millteksport.com/product.news...3#.UWUwD79V9G4
Yes, but that's only for the Secondary Cat-back Resonated version, the rest of the lot doesn't have the necessary TUV papers.

But, if you install the Primary Cat-back, you probably can use the TUV papers of the Secondary Cat-back. It's better then nothing and probably enough to fool those idiots at the Inspection, if they even notice it's a different exhaust. The Milltek looks very OEM.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:57 PM   #213
projectXTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by elBarto View Post
Yes, but that's only for the Secondary Cat-back Resonated version, the rest of the lot doesn't have the necessary TUV papers.

But, if you install the Primary Cat-back, you probably can use the TUV papers of the Secondary Cat-back. It's better then nothing and probably enough to fool those idiots at the Inspection, if they even notice it's a different exhaust. The Milltek looks very OEM.
Where did you read that the non-resonated version doesn't have the TUV papers?

Because I'm really leaning towards non-resonated at the moment...
Old 04-11-2013, 05:10 PM   #214
Guillaume

Drives: Exige S 240
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I emailed them about having the TÜV approval papers retroactively for my primary catback. They confirmed that it only applies to the resonated secondary catback.
Guillaume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:32 PM   #215
elBarto

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectXTR View Post
Where did you read that the non-resonated version doesn't have the TUV papers?

Because I'm really leaning towards non-resonated at the moment...
It's on there site ( here ) Only the secondary cat-back has the picture of the EC-approved stamp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillaume View Post
I emailed them about having the TÜV approval papers retroactively for my primary catback. They confirmed that it only applies to the resonated secondary catback.
I think If you have the papers for the secondary it will be enough. Here at my local inspection office, with my previous car, they just ask if the exhaust was designed for my car, a simple yes was enough for those morons, that was the first time, the second time they didn't even saw I had 4 tailpipes instead of the normal 1 pipe.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:21 PM   #216
projectXTR

Quote:
It's on there site ( here ) Only the secondary cat-back has the picture of the EC-approved stamp.

I think If you have the papers for the secondary it will be enough. Here at my local inspection office, with my previous car, they just ask if the exhaust was designed for my car, a simple yes was enough for those morons, that was the first time, the second time they didn't even saw I had 4 tailpipes instead of the normal 1 pipe.
Hmm, thing is, you hear the wildest stories imaginable. Some inspection stations won't notice like you said, but then I hear and read stories from others saying that even if you have the TÜV papers, they still won't allow it etc.

I wonder if they'd notice a 25mm drop on our cars if we used springs like the Eibachs (which are black) for example?

Sigh I really want the non-resonated I wonder of I could get it with the TUV papers of the EC approved version? Would be mint !
Old 04-12-2013, 05:02 PM   #217
Guillaume

I used to have Eibach springs (chose those because they were black) and H&R sway bars (black too) on my former MX-5... Never got any problem.
Old 04-13-2013, 03:22 PM   #218
elBarto

Garage
Today I did some clean-up work at the rear. I've removed the garage stickers, and all of the logo's and put the GT86 logo instead of the middle logo.
I will be redoing this with a new one because it's a little bit crooked due the removing proces. I'm going to use some plasti-dip for the next time and will be doing some more dipping on the car if the results satisfy me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectXTR View Post
Hmm, thing is, you hear the wildest stories imaginable. Some inspection stations won't notice like you said, but then I hear and read stories from others saying that even if you have the TÜV papers, they still won't allow it etc.
They don't look at TUV papers here because it's a german thing, it doesn't count here in Belgium. If it fits on a german Toyota/Opel/mercedes/... it doesn't mean that it's going to fit on a Belgium Toyota/Opel/mercedes/... Even if they are all build in the same factory. That's the (Belgium) logic behind it. Btw welcome to a united europe....

Quote:
I wonder if they'd notice a 25mm drop on our cars if we used springs like the Eibachs (which are black) for example?
Probable not, it's a sporty ride so they expect it to be lower. And if they are OEM black they won't notice it. Either way, you can try and if you fail, you change it back to stock or go with the lowerd suspension to a 'tuning' inspection.

Quote:
Sigh I really want the non-resonated I wonder of I could get it with the TUV papers of the EC approved version? Would be mint !
You can ask for the papers of the resonated (try to get a digital copy) and adjust the parts so it reflects the reality.
I've done it with my Whiteline Rear anti-roll bar on my old astra.

Last edited by elBarto; 04-14-2013 at 09:07 AM.
elBarto is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to elBarto For This Useful Post:
projectXTR (04-14-2013)
Old 04-14-2013, 08:22 AM   #219
projectXTR

Quote:
Btw welcome to a united europe....

Made my day
Old 04-15-2013, 09:49 AM   #220
_Nickson_

Drives: GT86 whiteout
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:

I ordered this approved system, and also the overpipe and front pipe.

So I will have the document stating that the exhaust is legal.
I don't think the front pipe is going to be a problem with the technical inspection.

Either way, the overpipe is not visible, so that won't be a problem.

So if they would say something, it will be about the front pipe. And this piece is super easy to replace. Takes about 10 minutes (and I am NOT a mechanic :-))

I will let you guys know what I think of the exhaust note once installed.
_Nickson_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:43 AM   #221
Vladror

Drives: Toyota 86 M High - Dark Grey
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Today I did some clean-up work at the rear. I've removed the garage stickers, and all of the logo's and put the GT86 logo instead of the middle logo.
I will be redoing this with a new one because it's a little bit crooked due the removing proces. I'm going to use some plasti-dip for the next time and will be doing some more dipping on the car if the results satisfy me.

I really like the GT86 badge instead of the Toyota logo...
would you mind sharing where you got the badge and what the process is to remove the orignal badge (does it leave any holes/traces?)
Vladror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:47 AM   #222
Guillaume

It *IS* the original badge (hence the crookedness). To remove it: a blowdryer and patience.
Old 04-18-2013, 01:45 PM   #223
elBarto

Garage
It is indeed the original badge that I removed from the trunk, painted it white and put it instead of the T-badge.
To remove the badges you use a heatgun, blowdryer, etc and some force. Just try not to overheat if you want it in 1 piece and straight. I overdid it and it turned at a little twisted.
So once I find the time I'm going to order a new badge and try again.

The glue on the badges is very strong and a lot.
The GT86 badge isn't in the middle but that's because of the 3 holes you need to cover with it, the badge is big enough but it's a little bit out of the center.
But for now it's good enough for a test until I get a new one and some plastidip to do it correct this time
Old 04-19-2013, 12:52 PM   #224
projectXTR

I can't really spot it's out of center from this photo though. Good job !

I heard you could also use a dental floss wire once the glue is hot again to remove the badges evenly..