follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Old 02-04-2014, 11:51 PM   #21981
OrbitalEllipses
Banned

Drives: Attitude
Thanked 4,889 Times in 2,902 Posts
Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimman View Post
You called?
Know it all douchebags crew, checking in!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to OrbitalEllipses For This Useful Post:
Calum (02-05-2014), Dimman (02-05-2014), Shagaliscious (02-05-2014), zenki_levin (02-05-2014)
Old 02-04-2014, 11:51 PM   #21982
OrbitalEllipses
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by marky View Post
Some retard on a civic si 2010 try to race me on the freeway. . At first I see a car behond my ass came out of no where and was pushing me.. then when he got next to me he try to race... I was like yeah go ahead im not wasting my gas and time for stupid straight line.. dam rice racers and your fwd. .
Good, cuz you'd have lost. I had a 2.3L SI walk on me at the top 3rd, into 4th.
Old 02-04-2014, 11:54 PM   #21983
marky

Drives: 2020 BRZ tS #54
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitalEllipses View Post
Good, cuz you'd have lost. I had a 2.3L SI walk on me at the top 3rd, into 4th.
I dont have fun on straights.. never did even when I had my dc2 R .. I like the sideways action..always did even when I had my fwd cars.. I dont street race.. my friend died doing things not worth it on the streets..
Old 02-04-2014, 11:55 PM   #21984
OrbitalEllipses
Banned

Sorry to hear. We were on open road with no cars in front and a lane between us - still not smart, but I couldn't resist.
Old 02-05-2014, 12:05 AM   #21985
marky

Drives: 2020 BRZ tS #54
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitalEllipses View Post
Sorry to hear. We were on open road with no cars in front and a lane between us - still not smart, but I couldn't resist.
Freeway with cars around. . had my expensive rc toys in my trunk. . Ain't trying to break that..
Old 02-05-2014, 05:39 AM   #21986
IntotheOcean

Drives: Sexy Frs Firestorm M/T
Thanked 1,636 Times in 760 Posts
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Why am I not surprised a female would call me a doucher.
So mature.
Old 02-05-2014, 06:17 AM   #21987
Shagaliscious
Banned

Drives: Firestorm FR-S (MT)
Thanked 2,478 Times in 1,166 Posts
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liltuffgirl View Post
Btw when you are in the right lane you don't get over for people to pass you. When you're a cop you do things to get the car in front of you so you can pull it over. But hey what do I know..... I'm just above the law :rolls eyes:
Is that right?
DriversEd101
Quote:
Tailgating

Tailgating is following another car too closely. If someone is following you too closely, be careful. Tap your brake lightly a few times to warn the tailgater that you are slowing down. Brake slowly before stopping. Avoid tailgaters when possible by changing lanes. If you cannot change lanes, slow down enough to encourage the tailgater to go around you. If this does not work, pull off the road when safe and let the tailgater pass.
It's good to know cops know the rules of the road.
The Following User Says Thank You to Shagaliscious For This Useful Post:
M-17 (02-05-2014)
Old 02-05-2014, 07:14 AM   #21988
Luis_GT
Banned

Drives: 2002 BMW 530i, 10 Series FR-S
Thanked 3,334 Times in 1,754 Posts
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
I forgot there were still know it all douchebags on this forum.

Btw when you are in the right lane you don't get over for people to pass you. When you're a cop you do things to get the car in front of you so you can pull it over. But hey what do I know..... I'm just above the law :rolls eyes:

In reality I bust my ass going to calls... Pulling over cars so my bosses stay off me.. Risk my life (weather you think it or not.. When you find a gun on someone who isn't legally allowed to have a gun it's not a good feeling) I get paid very little... And after all the time spent the risk taken and the hours of paperwork the criminal gets let go with a slap on the wrist.
No one does this job to be "above the law". In fact I'm looked at in a different light because of this damn job. You wreck it's a person wrecks. I wreck and it's a police officer who wrecks. No matter WHAT I do the mass majority will say I was wrong.
And people just like you jump to conclusions thinking I was just being a **** and acting above the law.

I bet if that person was tailgating you and a cop saw it and did nothing you would be highly pissed.
(Yes I've pulled over a car before for flowing to closely to someone else. It's dangerous and dumb)
Right... because going 20 below the speed limit to incite illegal behavior is a highly respectable move by a cop...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Luis_GT For This Useful Post:
Calum (02-05-2014), Shagaliscious (02-05-2014)
Old 02-05-2014, 08:33 AM   #21989
SVTSHC
(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ

Drives: 2015 Series Blue BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
I forgot there were still know it all douchebags on this forum.

In reality I bust my ass going to calls... Pulling over cars so my bosses stay off me.. Risk my life (weather you think it or not.. When you find a gun on someone who isn't legally allowed to have a gun it's not a good feeling) I get paid very little... And after all the time spent the risk taken and the hours of paperwork the criminal gets let go with a slap on the wrist.
No one does this job to be "above the law". In fact I'm looked at in a different light because of this damn job. You wreck it's a person wrecks. I wreck and it's a police officer who wrecks. No matter WHAT I do the mass majority will say I was wrong.
And people just like you jump to conclusions thinking I was just being a **** and acting above the law.

I bet if that person was tailgating you and a cop saw it and did nothing you would be highly pissed.
(Yes I've pulled over a car before for flowing to closely to someone else. It's dangerous and dumb)

"Everyone will always dictate your job to you. The problem is you've got a number of bad cops that make good cops look like bad cops for doing their jobs. It happens in most industries that deal with the public, it only takes a few bad apples to spoil the bunch."

Now Morgan Freeman didn't actually say that, but if you read it in his voice you're calm now.

Edit: I don't know any cops personally, but I've been judged enough in my position to know that generally people don't know the whole story. Also, added Morgan Freeman for effect.

"Sweet Subaru, sweet Subaru, send your BRZ unto me, for the roads of the unworthy must be baptized in speed and glory." ~Zaku

Last edited by SVTSHC; 02-05-2014 at 08:46 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to SVTSHC For This Useful Post:
M-17 (02-05-2014)
Old 02-05-2014, 09:00 AM   #21990
Nevermore
Wayward Member

Drives: Hot Lava 86
Thanked 2,312 Times in 1,386 Posts
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
I think my favorite thing about driving in this nasty winter weather is wondering how many people are confused about my little sports car plowing through snow and slush without issue.
Old 02-05-2014, 09:08 AM   #21991
IntotheOcean

Drives: Sexy Frs Firestorm M/T
Thanked 1,636 Times in 760 Posts
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Have cop friends, my uncle is a retired cop as well. He was who I originally asked my question to, and he explained it well. Cops are "above the law" as in, speeding, blowing a stop sign, running a light, ect because it's a form of curiosity and respect from one officer to another.
Because they put their life on the line to stop the bad guy, only for them to get away with a slap on the wrist. I'm not saying they should kill someone or whatever expecting to get off the hook.
Anyway, I'm not going to continue on this topic because I think it's absolutely stupid.

Just because someone makes a stupid comment about your job doesn't mean you need to get crazy and resort to name calling.
Start to act your age, and dismiss such comments instead of acting on your aggression/estrogen or whatever.
Be professional.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IntotheOcean For This Useful Post:
Luis_GT (02-05-2014), M-17 (02-05-2014)
Old 02-05-2014, 09:44 AM   #21992
OrbitalEllipses
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis_GT View Post
Right... because going 20 below the speed limit to incite illegal behavior is a highly respectable move by a cop...
I see this regularly. Traffic gets backed up because no one wants to pass. Idiots. When there's an opening, I blow past the cop and let him/her know they're a dooooosh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntotheOcean View Post
Just because someone makes a stupid comment about your job doesn't mean you need to get crazy and resort to name calling.
Start to act your age, and dismiss such comments instead of acting on your aggression/estrogen or whatever.
Be professional.
oooooooooooooooohhh
The Following User Says Thank You to OrbitalEllipses For This Useful Post:
Luis_GT (02-05-2014)
Old 02-05-2014, 09:56 AM   #21993
SVTSHC
(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ

Drives: 2015 Series Blue BRZ

Tis a snowy Wednesday, let us forget the passionate throes of anger.

"Sweet Subaru, sweet Subaru, send your BRZ unto me, for the roads of the unworthy must be baptized in speed and glory." ~Zaku
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SVTSHC For This Useful Post:
IntotheOcean (02-05-2014), M-17 (02-05-2014), Shagaliscious (02-05-2014)
Old 02-05-2014, 11:09 AM   #21994
Steve201brz

Drives: BRZ
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Some guy was stuck trying to get through the wall of snow that the plows leave behind at intersections. People were passing him like he didn't even exist, so I stopped to help him push it out. Kudos to the lady who helped give it gas while we pushed

It's crazy how people just stare and drive by almost saying "not my problem." How shitty would you feel if you were standing there stranded and no one would help you?

Roads are terrible out there, if you have a chance to help someone you should do it. One day you'll be in a situation where you'll need a strangers help. Ya can't expect people to do something for you that you're not even willing to do yourself, at least that's how I look at it.
You should of seen the look of appreciation & surprise in the guys face when I stopped and offered to help. He almost didn't know what to say haha

I may be an asshole, but I'm not a monster

/random thought
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steve201brz For This Useful Post:
IntotheOcean (02-05-2014), M-17 (02-05-2014)
Closed Thread

Tags
221whp, :popcorn:, autobahnned, bringbackthebutts, brucelee, chucknorris, cutiepiepoppoppocorn, docking and snoodling, don'tbesadintotheocean, epic funnies, everyoneignoresmyposts, fuck yeah, funny thread tag, go_a_way1 was here, go_a_waycopiedspecialk, hey youse guys!, hoonigans, i am supreme., i like chocolate milk, i like to poop a lot, i like turtles, ichitaco, insertjokehere, invadethistread39erstyle, kr-s have my babies, kr-s is a faaggot, kr-s is a loser, mythbeliever, myunclesaid..., only the strong survive, postheredontbotherashrink, rules_of_nature, sklimo liked it, skylineislyfe, special_k was here, tagageddon 2016, thetagofreason, titsorgtfo, troz, whathappenedtothetags?