follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA

AUSTRALIA Australia and New Zealand

User Tag List

Old 03-04-2013, 04:02 PM   #2171
Zero00

Drives: 89 MX5 B-SPEC & 2000 MX5
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDemons View Post
That's good, I know what I'll be getting soon, thanks for the heads up!
Did you buy a bolt to lock down the spare?
Not as yet, Toyota doesn't show a part number but somewhere either here or on OZFT86 forum someone has provided that and like an idiot I didn't write it down!!
Zero00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:51 PM   #2172
Isometric Bacon

Drives: GTS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Argghhh it's so close I can taste it.

I've been following my car as it came into port on Saturday, and now is presumably sitting in the docks/customs.

My tracker is telling me estimated delivery is on the 8th at 12pm. I called my dealer though, and he thinks that this is the dealer delivery date, and given the day required for prepating it may be delayed thanks to the long weekend here in Adelaide. Meaning I won't get it till the 12th.

Fingers crossed this isn't the case!
Isometric Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:59 PM   #2173
Zero00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isometric Bacon View Post
Argghhh it's so close I can taste it.

I've been following my car as it came into port on Saturday, and now is presumably sitting in the docks/customs.

My tracker is telling me estimated delivery is on the 8th at 12pm. I called my dealer though, and he thinks that this is the dealer delivery date, and given the day required for prepating it may be delayed thanks to the long weekend here in Adelaide. Meaning I won't get it till the 12th.

Fingers crossed this isn't the case!
Roast Pork

When mine showed 'delivery 11/2' that was the date it was delivered to the Dealership - I picked it up on the 14/2
Old 03-04-2013, 11:12 PM   #2174
Isometric Bacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero00 View Post
Roast Pork

When mine showed 'delivery 11/2' that was the date it was delivered to the Dealership - I picked it up on the 14/2
Ah bugger. I do know it must be in Port/Customs right now. (In 'Transport Company Storage Yard' according to the tracker.)

Probably not even 2 kilometers away from where I'm currently working.

You'd think being patient and waiting an extra 3 days would come easy after a 9 month wait. But it's not...
Old 03-04-2013, 11:36 PM   #2175
retlaw

Drives: FJ Cruiser & 86GTS (soon)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
At the dealers now which means Friday should be able to
retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:00 AM   #2176
Zero00

Quote:
Ah bugger. I do know it must be in Port/Customs right now. (In 'Transport Company Storage Yard' according to the tracker.)

Probably not even 2 kilometers away from where I'm currently working.

You'd think being patient and waiting an extra 3 days would come easy after a 9 month wait. But it's not...
Mine was unloaded 29/01 and wasn't loaded onto the truck until 11/02 - if I went up another couple of floors I could have seen it!

Found yesterday that my Dealer actually removed the sticker that shows the name of the ship, unload date etc and placed that in my service folder for me!! Funny little things we keep - I guess after waiting so long and having the tracking you will never forget the name of the ship!!

Now, was that the 'Costa Concordia' or the 'Grand Mark' - definately NOT the 'Titanic'!!

Soon mate - worst for you it's over a weekend!! Call in on the Saturday and check it out, take pics etc and maybe ring them as well and ask can they save you the shipping sticker if you're into that
The Following User Says Thank You to Zero00 For This Useful Post:
Isometric Bacon (03-05-2013)
Old 03-05-2013, 12:13 AM   #2177
Isometric Bacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero00 View Post
Mine was unloaded 29/01 and wasn't loaded onto the truck until 11/02 - if I went up another couple of floors I could have seen it!

Found yesterday that my Dealer actually removed the sticker that shows the name of the ship, unload date etc and placed that in my service folder for me!! Funny little things we keep - I guess after waiting so long and having the tracking you will never forget the name of the ship!!

Now, was that the 'Costa Concordia' or the 'Grand Mark' - definately NOT the 'Titanic'!!

Soon mate - worst for you it's over a weekend!! Call in on the Saturday and check it out, take pics etc and maybe ring them as well and ask can they save you the shipping sticker if you're into that
Wow that was a long wait at the docks! I can imagine that must have been maddening! I think i'll just have to be more patient.

That was nice of the dealer to do that for you. I don't think i'll ever forget the 'Bishu Highway' anytime soon, given the amount of time I spent watching it voyage across the pacific ocean.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:23 AM   #2178
sigmaoctantis

Drives: Toyota 86 GTS AT
Hi Everyone,
The day finally came, last Thursday I went to Goulburn Toyota and picked up my brand spanking new GTS auto in Tornado Grey. Drove it out into the pouring rain and then home! It is absolutely brilliant, when not driving it all I want to do is look at it! Apologies for not posting earlier, I've been too busy driving, 600km already.

I did notice however that it was revving quite high on the drive home, and lurching a bit when changing gears, but the engine noise associated with high revs made up for it. What a noise! When I filled it up for the first time with 98 it doesn't do that revving anymore, and the gear changes are far smoother and theres a lot more pressure behind the acceleration. Note to dealers, don't put sh*t petrol in a brand new car.

I'd advise those of you still waiting to request picking it up dry and put in your own 98.

Also for those near Canberra, I just had the BRZ spoiler added to the boot by New Gel in Fyshwick. He did a half-arsed job with the wrong bolts, bent one side of the holes he made in the first boot layer and even dropped a screw in between the two layers of the boot lid, so there's a nice new rattle now. He couldn't have given less of a sh*t, advising that it might come off one day or it might not. Now I'm left to try and get the screw back out again. Plus he drove it around Fyshwick which I was less than impressed with leaving workshop powder all over the interior.

So for those looking to get a spoiler fitted in Canberra, don't go to New Gel.

I'm now onto fixing the issues he left behind (thinking magnet for the screw, plugs for the bent holes and super super glue to bolster the dodgy bolts), then it won't be long before the 1,000 km check. The sky's the limit after that.

For all of you still on the waiting list, I ordered in July, and it is absolutely worth waiting every minute, it is by far the best car I've ever driven and can't recommend it more. If you see a GTS on the road to Bungendore give me a wave.

Cheers,
SIGMA
sigmaoctantis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sigmaoctantis For This Useful Post:
cuddefred (03-05-2013)
Old 03-05-2013, 04:07 PM   #2179
Zero00

Quote:
Wow that was a long wait at the docks! I can imagine that must have been maddening! I think i'll just have to be more patient.

That was nice of the dealer to do that for you. I don't think i'll ever forget the 'Bishu Highway' anytime soon, given the amount of time I spent watching it voyage across the pacific ocean.
Agree!! I have never had 'tracking' available for any of the cars I have bought - my '03 Corolla Sportivo was built in South Africa and I had the shipping details etc but back then no tracking

I think little things like that for a car that will no doubt become [if not already] a 'cult' car will just add the extra touch when you decide to sell one day - of course to replace with another 86!!
Old 03-05-2013, 04:11 PM   #2180
Zero00

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmaoctantis View Post
Hi Everyone,
The day finally came, last Thursday I went to Goulburn Toyota and picked up my brand spanking new GTS auto in Tornado Grey. Drove it out into the pouring rain and then home! It is absolutely brilliant, when not driving it all I want to do is look at it! Apologies for not posting earlier, I've been too busy driving, 600km already.

I did notice however that it was revving quite high on the drive home, and lurching a bit when changing gears, but the engine noise associated with high revs made up for it. What a noise! When I filled it up for the first time with 98 it doesn't do that revving anymore, and the gear changes are far smoother and theres a lot more pressure behind the acceleration. Note to dealers, don't put sh*t petrol in a brand new car.

I'd advise those of you still waiting to request picking it up dry and put in your own 98.

Also for those near Canberra, I just had the BRZ spoiler added to the boot by New Gel in Fyshwick. He did a half-arsed job with the wrong bolts, bent one side of the holes he made in the first boot layer and even dropped a screw in between the two layers of the boot lid, so there's a nice new rattle now. He couldn't have given less of a sh*t, advising that it might come off one day or it might not. Now I'm left to try and get the screw back out again. Plus he drove it around Fyshwick which I was less than impressed with leaving workshop powder all over the interior.

So for those looking to get a spoiler fitted in Canberra, don't go to New Gel.

I'm now onto fixing the issues he left behind (thinking magnet for the screw, plugs for the bent holes and super super glue to bolster the dodgy bolts), then it won't be long before the 1,000 km check. The sky's the limit after that.

For all of you still on the waiting list, I ordered in July, and it is absolutely worth waiting every minute, it is by far the best car I've ever driven and can't recommend it more. If you see a GTS on the road to Bungendore give me a wave.

Cheers,
SIGMA
What a d*ck!! I wouldn't have paid until he removed the screw!! My Dealer also has the Shell across the road where he first started over 40 years ago, the car was filled with V-Power 98, had 8km on the clock and just took off!! I checked the tyre pressures Monday, Toyota say 35 so I have 37psi hot in them now

Thinking about the BRZ spolier, looks good but see what happens!

Glad you love that sound that comes in around 4000rpm!!

Last edited by Zero00; 03-05-2013 at 05:28 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:52 PM   #2181
sigmaoctantis

Drives: Toyota 86 GTS AT
Quote:
I wouldn't have paid until he removed the screw!!
I thought about that, but his solution was to take the boot off (!) and shake it about until the screw came out. Would have got the screw out ok, maybe, but do I trust him to put the boot back on properly? No. Plus goodbye warranty on the boot..

Plus the bloke was a total animal F'ing and blinding all the time so I just wanted to get the hell out of there and fix it myself. He's likely to have put me in hospital if I'd refused to pay.

Haven't checked the tyre pressures yet might give that a go this weekend.
sigmaoctantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:10 PM   #2182
Zero00

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmaoctantis View Post
I thought about that, but his solution was to take the boot off (!) and shake it about until the screw came out. Would have got the screw out ok, maybe, but do I trust him to put the boot back on properly? No. Plus goodbye warranty on the boot..

Plus the bloke was a total animal F'ing and blinding all the time so I just wanted to get the hell out of there and fix it myself. He's likely to have put me in hospital if I'd refused to pay.

Haven't checked the tyre pressures yet might give that a go this weekend.
I think they did mine at the first service on Monday, I went down to Brisbane but a severe crosswind was knocking me about a bit so did them on the way back when hot, added 2psi and will check cold next time out of the garage
Old 03-05-2013, 07:58 PM   #2183
Isometric Bacon

Woohoo! Just got the call. Picking it up tomorrow. After 9 months i'll finally have it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Isometric Bacon For This Useful Post:
TheDemons (03-05-2013), Zero00 (03-05-2013)
Old 03-05-2013, 09:00 PM   #2184
Zero00

Quote:
Woohoo! Just got the call. Picking it up tomorrow. After 9 months i'll finally have it.
So happy for you 'Roast Pork', I know the wait you have had!! Enjoy the ride!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Zero00 For This Useful Post:
Isometric Bacon (03-05-2013)