follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 10-17-2012, 01:13 PM   #2073
Allensworths

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Steve here, I was lucky enough to get one of the first FR-S's in Hampton Roads area of Virginia. So far I've got about 7K on her and have added a 5 Axis spoiler. Looking for a Turbo and exhaust before upgrading wheels and tires.
Allensworths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:31 PM   #2074
SupraLove
Banned

Drives: 2007 Toyota Camry LE, 5AT i4
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allensworths View Post
Steve here, I was lucky enough to get one of the first FR-S's in Hampton Roads area of Virginia. So far I've got about 7K on her and have added a 5 Axis spoiler. Looking for a Turbo and exhaust before upgrading wheels and tires.
Welcome to the forums, but to this quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allensworths View Post
Looking for a Turbo and exhaust before upgrading wheels and tires.

Don't do that. Don't be stupid. Slapping a turbo on anything, while many think it's the first thing to do and the best, is the WORST first upgrade, especially when you said you'd upgrade wheels and tires AFTER a turbo. That's just asking for trouble. The exhaust is fine, just don't make it obnoxious or add a fartcan.

If I were you I'd do some IHE, then I'd WAIT for good, reliable, tried-and-true turbo kits to come out for this car, and THEN upgrade.

But, hey, it's your car, so do what you want with it.

Welcome to the forums. Sorry if I got you off to a bad start, but... That was kind of warranted.
SupraLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 03:58 PM   #2075
ApoNono

Drives: 2019 86 TRD Special Edition
My name is Tim and i'm from Raleigh NC. I just ordered my FR-S MT Asphalt yesterday. I have been following the forum for a while now but figured it was time to get more involved now that I have my order in.
ApoNono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:53 PM   #2076
DanoFA20
Shift Down

Drives: Toyota 86, Mazda RX7 RaceCar (FC3S)
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Hey Names Dano, waiting for my dealer to get my FR-S in. cant wait. Just curious of all the little issues some owners had. Have most of those issues with the ECU,Crank Position sensor, chirping, etc been rectified?
DanoFA20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:28 PM   #2077
einzlr

Drives: several
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanoFA20 View Post
Hey Names Dano, waiting for my dealer to get my FR-S in. cant wait. Just curious of all the little issues some owners had. Have most of those issues with the ECU,Crank Position sensor, chirping, etc been rectified?
Welcome, Dano! Unfortunately, in a word, no. There's a huge on-going thread about peoples' woes if you want more info. Title something like "Unofficial CEL/idle issues thread".

Hope you are spared the "fun"! :happy0180:
einzlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:49 PM   #2078
DanoFA20
Shift Down

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by einzlr View Post
Welcome, Dano! Unfortunately, in a word, no. There's a huge on-going thread about peoples' woes if you want more info. Title something like "Unofficial CEL/idle issues thread".

Hope you are spared the "fun"! :happy0180:
I really hope i will, i was reading all the problems with stuff people were having. makes me nervous but that car is soo amazing in what it stands for and what it can do for what it costs. they said expected to be here January so im hoping since i have to wait, they might straighten out the kinks from earlier production. I may be wrong but I like to be optimistic

thanks so much for the warm welcome im glad that the community of the new Eight Six is easy going. I personally like both models, but i like the price of the frs more lol.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:51 PM   #2079
DanoFA20
Shift Down

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorifto View Post
Hey guys Dorifto here. Argento FR-S owner in SoCal area. Got her 3 weeks ago and lovin every mile driven
that color O.o
Old 10-17-2012, 10:05 PM   #2080
einzlr

Quote:
I really hope i will, i was reading all the problems with stuff people were having. makes me nervous but that car is soo amazing in what it stands for and what it can do for what it costs. they said expected to be here January so im hoping since i have to wait, they might straighten out the kinks from earlier production. I may be wrong but I like to be optimistic

thanks so much for the warm welcome im glad that the community of the new Eight Six is easy going. I personally like both models, but i like the price of the frs more lol.
Haha you like the same things about this car that I do ... and I see you're also coming from BMW (I have an E36/8 M coupe and a couple others). I also prefer the FR-S because I like my cars as no-frills and unadorned as possible; the slightly lower price is a perk lol.

This does indeed seem to be a friendly community and in the few weeks I've been here I've learned a lot about Japanese cars and engines from them. Like you, we're all hoping they'll sort out the kinks, but just today someone got a confession from someone at Toyota that they actually don't really know what the real root of the trouble(s) is
Old 10-17-2012, 10:47 PM   #2081
DanoFA20
Shift Down

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by einzlr View Post
Haha you like the same things about this car that I do ... and I see you're also coming from BMW (I have an E36/8 M coupe and a couple others). I also prefer the FR-S because I like my cars as no-frills and unadorned as possible; the slightly lower price is a perk lol.

This does indeed seem to be a friendly community and in the few weeks I've been here I've learned a lot about Japanese cars and engines from them. Like you, we're all hoping they'll sort out the kinks, but just today someone got a confession from someone at Toyota that they actually don't really know what the real root of the trouble(s) is
dang

ive always been into japanese cars. i had 2 bmws 3 japanese but the bmw is just not what im looking for this is right up my alley plus the mpg is a total plus
Old 10-18-2012, 12:17 AM   #2082
cjdriiiiift

Drives: Ultramarine FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
hello chris here from seattle area. bought one of the first 5 to arrive in tacoma. ultramarine 6MT. so far i have it lowered on s tech springs, 1.4 front, 1.2 inches rear. just about to hit 10k miles. amazing car. i love it more everyday
cjdriiiiift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:35 AM   #2083
ninjasaurusrex

Drives: 2013 Raven Scion FR-S 6MT
finally

hey, i just wanted to say hi to all the members. i'm very excited i'm supposed to be receiving my car tomorrow!!!! actually my dad is going up to dallas to get it and drive it down here since i have work =/ but still excited none the less...

i've been browsing through a couple of the problem threads and was just checking to see what i have to let my dad look at before leaving the dealership... the only thing i really know are those plugs that go into the undercarriage...

well thanks and hopefully i'll be a contributing member to this forum

-pat
ninjasaurusrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:15 AM   #2084
kendalldwhite

Drives: Mint-Tiffany blue FRS
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjasaurusrex View Post
hey, i just wanted to say hi to all the members. i'm very excited i'm supposed to be receiving my car tomorrow!!!! actually my dad is going up to dallas to get it and drive it down here since i have work =/ but still excited none the less...

i've been browsing through a couple of the problem threads and was just checking to see what i have to let my dad look at before leaving the dealership... the only thing i really know are those plugs that go into the undercarriage...

well thanks and hopefully i'll be a contributing member to this forum

-pat
welcome i hope u enjoy
kendalldwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:28 PM   #2085
einzlr

Quote:
dang

ive always been into japanese cars. i had 2 bmws 3 japanese but the bmw is just not what im looking for this is right up my alley plus the mpg is a total plus
haha oops well that'll learn me to jump to conclusions
Yeah the mpg is one of the many things to love about this car. Check out the thread on "reactions to your FR-S" to see all the stories about people thinking it's a $$$ exotic
Old 10-18-2012, 02:19 PM   #2086
Clearly_Innovative

Drives: Tundra
from Houston. Wanna say Hi!. Worked on a couple of FR-S. Plan on getting on soon!
Clearly_Innovative is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Clearly_Innovative For This Useful Post:
Adam_L (01-20-2017)

Tags
6mt, bot. report?, frs, notreally, turbo