follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List
go_a_way1

Old 07-10-2017, 12:51 PM   #2017
ikuGANO

Drives: 2016
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teseo View Post
Finished Castlevania from netflix, only 4 episode. I love it and i want to ask which anime are like that, i know hellsing but which ones
@ichitaka05 @soulreapersteve
If you want to watch a darker category, try Berserk. It's old and they have a remastered version that's on going right now.
ikuGANO is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ikuGANO For This Useful Post:
Teseo (07-10-2017)
Old 07-10-2017, 01:21 PM   #2018
Lynxis

Drives: 2013 WRB BRZ 6MT
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
First episode of Princess Principal making this a serious contender for anime of the season for me even though there is lots of good stuff this season.
Lynxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 04:29 PM   #2019
ikuGANO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynxis View Post
First episode of Princess Principal making this a serious contender for anime of the season for me even though there is lots of good stuff this season.
This season is a definite win, my GTA friend.

Old 07-10-2017, 04:57 PM   #2020
krayzie
Drive From Home

Drives: BRZ STI Performance
Thanked 3,111 Times in 2,007 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
This thread needs more robots!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVw5khpgbSw"]Golion OP - YouTube[/ame]
krayzie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to krayzie For This Useful Post:
chaoskaze (08-13-2017)
Old 07-19-2017, 04:48 PM   #2021
Mr.Impreza
Mr.Fujitsubo

Drives: 2018 STI
Thanked 1,552 Times in 784 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Hey everyone just want to give a heads up!
Sentai will be bringing over the 3 Initial D Legend films

https://www.kitsuga.com/index.php/20...legend-movies/

Mr.Impreza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 01:43 PM   #2022
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Drives: ichi 86 Project
Thanked 19,102 Times in 8,333 Posts
Mentioned: 681 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
This is my WILD guess, but this is kouki 86 in this anime lol

Old 07-29-2017, 10:03 PM   #2023
krayzie
Drive From Home

Drives: BRZ STI Performance
Thanked 3,111 Times in 2,007 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichitaka05 View Post
Even the front plate is mounted wrong just like in real life (the mount is upside down).
krayzie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to krayzie For This Useful Post:
ichitaka05 (07-30-2017)
Old 08-02-2017, 10:32 PM   #2024
Allch Chcar

Drives: N/A
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by krayzie View Post
Even the front plate is mounted wrong just like in real life (the mount is upside down).
AHEM, you mean fixed correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonitti View Post
Daily Driver, occasional weekend drifter.
Allch Chcar is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Allch Chcar For This Useful Post:
krayzie (08-03-2017)
Old 08-04-2017, 05:23 PM   #2025
ikuGANO

I need a captain here for that anime up there ^

Old 08-13-2017, 01:49 PM   #2026
Nevermore
Wayward Member

Drives: Hot Lava 86
Thanked 2,312 Times in 1,386 Posts
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Pulling an Ichi, though my access is limited compared to his so I can't review the entire season like he does.

Dragon Ball Super - not really a season show, but still one of my currently updating shows. Can't say much, everyone knows Dragon Ball. It's good, though the tournament of power has returned to classic DBZ roots, making 11 minutes last like a dozen episodes so far.
My Hero Academia - Very good, added this season and caught up through the first. Easy to devour, enjoyable writing and characters.
Sakura Quest - Nice, no fuss anime. It's kind of like "cute girls doing cute things" but with a little more emotion thrown in. Not my favorite, but a good change of pace every week.
Knight's & Magic - Feels like GATE. I am enjoying it, especially since everyone loses their minds over how good at designing weapons the main character is. I like shows where the overall threat is minimal because someone is just that good.
My First Girlfriend is a Gal - Not for everyone, obviously, because it is ecchi. The editing on Crunchyroll pretty much makes it unwatchable, though. I don't care if a show is ecchi or not, but I hate when a show is censored like this.
Aho-Girl - Very stupid, but short form and without a plot, so it's watchable for nothing more than a laugh.
Classroom of the Elite - Very different than I expected, and in a good way. I love the characters and their interactions. It doesn't follow high school/slice of life norms and I can't wait for more of it.
GAMERS! - My favorite show this season thus far. It's very cute, and I love the premise and characters.
Convenience Store Boy Friends - Cute show, if a little formulaic. Characters are more honest than typical, and communication actually exists, so this one should be good if normal tropes bother you.
Katsugeki TOUKEN RANBU - Got a taste of Ufotable's work watching Fate/Stay and when I saw they made this one as well, I added it. I have always liked any anime with fantastic blade work and this show is gorgeous. I'm liking shows that add twists to history and use real people/weapons from the past.
Netsuzou Trap -NTR- - Not at all what I expected, again this is a good thing. I thought it would be some cute romance/drama based on a quick summary I read, but it is all drama, and it's not innocent at all. Not ecchi like Gal, but more sexual. It's short form like Aho-Girl and focuses purely on character interactions, reducing the plot to simply following the characters and how they deal with emotions.
Tsuredure Children - Another short form show and another one that surprised me. I expected all the tropes, all the awkward fumbling, but every character in this show is extremely honest and straight-forward. No build up to relationships, just characters asking each other out and floundering through relationships honestly. It goes by chapters and switches focus several times each episode, and follows numerous characters, so it might be hard to follow, but it's quite cute.

The Reflection - Dropped after three episodes, and I almost never drop shows. The action is subpar, animation is neat, but kind of bad, sound direction, voice acting and writing all kind of suck.
Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nevermore For This Useful Post:
ichitaka05 (08-13-2017)
Old 08-13-2017, 03:55 PM   #2027
chaoskaze
The Fail Boat

Drives: CWP S.B.
Thanked 1,293 Times in 873 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Hi, just feel like coming here cuz I finally watched Turn A Gundam after refusing mr. pringles to be a gundam for the last 18 year.

To be honest it's one of the best gundam series ...thou it's different but it's very nice & has somewhat ghibli feel to it... weird

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qe6pIJAh318"]∀ Gundam OST 1 | 09 Moon - YouTube[/ame]

Enjoy the first episode in SD, I watched it in HD & it's amazing by today's standard..... almost painting like at moments since it's before computer starting to take over handdrawn.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUtF84x3I64&t=16s"]Turn A Gundam Episode 1 "Howl to the Moon" - YouTube[/ame]
chaoskaze is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chaoskaze For This Useful Post:
krayzie (08-14-2017)
Old 08-13-2017, 05:31 PM   #2028
Teseo

Drives: frs
Thanked 2,923 Times in 1,770 Posts
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichitaka05 View Post
This is my WILD guess, but this is kouki 86 in this anime
Dont play with my feelings
Teseo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Teseo For This Useful Post:
ichitaka05 (08-13-2017)
Old 08-13-2017, 11:04 PM   #2029
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Drives: ichi 86 Project
Thanked 19,102 Times in 8,333 Posts
Mentioned: 681 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevermore View Post
Pulling an Ichi, though my access is limited compared to his so I can't review the entire season like he does.
Haha this season, I've been busy that I haven't had a time to watch much as I want... but here are current series I'm watching.

Kakegurui - I like Yumeko's VA is one of my fav VA, so I'm enjoying it. But overall I like these semi-thinking anime.
Fate/Apocrypha - I always like Fate series, so I'm enjoying it! I'm currently play Fate Grand Order on my phone, so make it double fun!
Gamers! - This is interesting Love/Comedy series. I'm hoping they keep up the comedy.
Hajimete no Gal - At first, I wasn't sure I'll enjoy this series... but it's been pretty good. Can't wait to watch the un-sensor ver.
Koi to Uso - This is alternative "answer" for current Japanese problem and made it into anime. Mix feeling on this series at the moment.
Tsurezure Children - IDK why, but this series is one of the top fav series. It's been damn funny in different ways and good.
Aho Girl - Short series that makes me laugh. Not deep plot, so I can watch and laugh.
Made in Abyss - From the trailer, this series caught my eyes. Good adventure series and very unique art style. Feel a bit slow here & there, but still good.
Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni. - Haven't this kind of main hero in a while (other than this season), so it's good. Not like Re:Zero or other alternative world anime and it's light story can keep watch it and laugh.
Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e - This series kinda reminds me of Battle Royal... just not crazy as BR. Hoping it'll catch up and get interesting.
New Game!! - 2nd season of New Game. I was very disappointed with first epi with all the fan service, but they recovered with rest of the epis.
Ballroom e Youkoso - Currently this is my fav anime for this season. Love the art style. Love these kind of beginner trying new things and taking on challenges.
Isekai Shokudou - I try to watch this series AFTER I eat... but watching this makes me hungry VERY quick lol
Knight's & Magic - 2nd fav series for this season. We really haven't had robot AND magic in a while, so it's refreshing. VA kinda annoying, but overall it's my fav for this season.
Keppeki Danshi! Aoyama-kun - Mix feeling at the moment. When I have time, I try to watch it, but it's not in my MOST WATCH.
Nana Maru San Batsu - Seen several different quiz game anime... but not this kind of quiz, so it's interesting watching it. I was surprised to see a lot of new VA & staffs were used, but I think, they're doing good.
Centaur no Nayami - Good series... but some of the stuff doesn't make sense (example cars in that world), but overall good JK slice of life series.
Konbini Kareshi - This is same as Keppeki Danshi. It's not in the must watch series, but when I have time, I try to catch up.
Youkai Apartment no Yuuga na Nichijou - Another good series. Watching it make you think few things in people's life.
18if - Some of the part of the series, the art is very unique and interesting. Every epi, so have both dark and light scenes that make you think.
Nora to Oujo to Noraneko Heart - IDK the background story (even though they do explain), so it's hard to keep it up. Overall funny, but too short.
Saiyuuki Reload Blast - I had to watch earlier series, before I actually watching this. lol
Mahoujin Guruguru - Funny fantasy series. I think, they're teasing Dragon Quest and maybe that's why it's funny lol
Musekinin Galaxy☆Tylor - I LOVE Captain Taylor, so hoping this series will be funny as old one... but man, this was very very different and disappointing.

Other series I'm watching are Boku no Hero Academia 2, Boruto, Re:Creators & Sakura Quest. But these are from last season.
Old 08-29-2017, 09:24 PM   #2030
Allch Chcar

Drives: N/A
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Finally finished Koboyashi's Maid Dragon. I'm watching Gabriel Dropout now. Which still leaves catching up on My Hero Academia, Attack on Titan, and everything else this season. No excuses this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonitti View Post
Daily Driver, occasional weekend drifter.
Allch Chcar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anime, ecchi