follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 01-03-2014, 05:31 AM   #183
DSOmegaX

Drives: '19 M2 Comp, '20 GR Supra
Thanked 2,153 Times in 986 Posts
Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Bears.

2019 BMW M2 Competition | LBB | ///M Performance Build Thread
2020 Toyota GR Supra | Turbulence | TRD | Build Thread
DSOmegaX is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DSOmegaX For This Useful Post:
Beyer Subaru (01-20-2014), chanomatik (01-03-2014), Trap63 (01-05-2014)
Old 01-03-2014, 09:22 AM   #184
SkAsphalt
Ridge Racerrrrrrrrr

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S, 2004 Toyota Coroll
Thanked 1,363 Times in 954 Posts
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khazzy View Post
Could have sworn I saw a new ISF in Omaha recently, but guess I was mistaken, either way, still an awesome car.
new ISF does not exist, you can get a 2014 IS-F, but it is based off the old car.

Gorgeous by the way!
Old 01-04-2014, 07:36 AM   #185
Khazzy

Drives: SWP Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkAsphalt View Post
new ISF does not exist, you can get a 2014 IS-F, but it is based off the old car.

Gorgeous by the way!
Yeah I know now, was mistaken as quoted haha.

Oh nice got the third bear in!
Old 01-04-2014, 02:20 PM   #186
ViR2

Drives: Alfa Romeo MiTo (yet to be GT86)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSOmegaX View Post
Welcomed a new edition to the stable!

Nice addition, I have a Lexus IS 300h f-sport as my new daily with same color and wheels. Wonderful car and even gets 50MPG (it's a hybrid, I think US does not get IS's in Hybrid form)
ViR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 08:18 PM   #187
DSOmegaX

Recently added the front STi emblem from the BRZ tS car.

I also stopped by Infamous Performance in San Diego, CA to get my car retuned by Delicious Tuning. I was previously going through FA20Club, which I had no issues with; the only reason I made a switch was because I wanted the car dialed in as much as possible, and to do that, I wanted the car dyno tuned.

Overall, the results were not bad: 150whp/150wtq on a Mustang Dyno. Nothing crazy, but just enough to feel a very noticeable difference when driving.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DSOmegaX For This Useful Post:
Beyer Subaru (01-20-2014), chanomatik (01-13-2014)
Old 01-13-2014, 11:59 PM   #188
Reverted

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited WRB MT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
My idea before I even got my BRZ was to have a very similar build. I was thinking of an OEM+ STI Grand Tourer. JPM Coachworks alcantara full interior with matte carbon fiber trim, carsmo armrest. STI aero with diffuser, stock wheels painted gunmetal or the 18" gunmetal STI Enkei wheels, custom emblems, and Tom's tails. Not to mention a full exhaust system

I'm glad I discovered your build because it validated my theory that all of this stuff together would look awesome although I'm jealous that you got it all done first :p

If you're ever thinking of selling any of these bits then PM me! Otherwise keep up the awesome work! Your car looks amazing!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Reverted is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Reverted For This Useful Post:
Beyer Subaru (01-20-2014), chanomatik (01-14-2014), DSOmegaX (01-14-2014)
Old 01-17-2014, 12:11 AM   #189
DSOmegaX

This looks familiar lol...

The Following User Says Thank You to DSOmegaX For This Useful Post:
chanomatik (01-17-2014)
Old 01-18-2014, 11:54 PM   #190
fx35s

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Recently added the front STi emblem from the BRZ tS car.

I also stopped by Infamous Performance in San Diego, CA to get my car retuned by Delicious Tuning. I was previously going through FA20Club, which I had no issues with; the only reason I made a switch was because I wanted the car dialed in as much as possible, and to do that, I wanted the car dyno tuned.

Overall, the results were not bad: 150whp/150wtq on a Mustang Dyno. Nothing crazy, but just enough to feel a very noticeable difference when driving.
Question.
How did you mount yours? I ordered it from japanparts and I can't mount it.. I don't know how to install it.. can you help me with it?
fx35s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:15 AM   #191
DSOmegaX

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx35s View Post
Question.
How did you mount yours? I ordered it from japanparts and I can't mount it.. I don't know how to install it.. can you help me with it?
The emblem mounts via two ways:
1. Two screws on the right of the mounting bracket. These align with two holes behind the bumper in the right corner of the grill. If you feel around there, you'll find it. It's actually amazing that they accounted for that location when you realize the holes are there to serve no other purpose really.
2. The bracket and emblem together serve to lock the rest of the item in place along the length of the emblem when screwed in together.

Now, there are also two ways to do it. The straightforward way (although it doesn't sound like it) is removal of the bumper. That way you can just easily locate the two holes, screw the bracket into place, screw the emblem to the bracket, and call it a day.

If you choose not to remove the bumper, you'll need small enough hands to get into the bumper via the grill, the right tools (a 90 degree torque screw helps immensely), patience (to locate and torque down the screw basically blind), and ideally someone to help you.

In any case, you want to place the mounting bracket into position using the two holes on the bumper. Screw in two screws into those holes (kit comes with 5, you'll have 2 leftover). Clip in the emblem from the front. Theres two clips on both the left and right side of the emblem, make sure both are clipped all the way in to the bracket. Using a third screw, screw in the hole behind the bracket that connects it to the emblem.

Some notes: if you choose to do this without removing the bumper, one of the first two screws for the bracket is extremely hard to get to because of how much space there is. I actually ran mine for a while without torquing down the second one and just using one screw for the bracket. The emblem holds extremely well and it was never in danger of coming loose. I eventually found the right tool to get to the second screw so I ended up using both, but I see no reason why you couldn't just use one.

Hope this helps.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DSOmegaX For This Useful Post:
Davev (08-27-2014), fx35s (01-19-2014)
Old 01-19-2014, 12:43 AM   #192
fx35s

Quote:
The emblem mounts via two ways:
1. Two screws on the right of the mounting bracket. These align with two holes behind the bumper in the right corner of the grill. If you feel around there, you'll find it. It's actually amazing that they accounted for that location when you realize the holes are there to serve no other purpose really.
2. The bracket and emblem together serve to lock the rest of the item in place along the length of the emblem when screwed in together.

Now, there are also two ways to do it. The straightforward way (although it doesn't sound like it) is removal of the bumper. That way you can just easily locate the two holes, screw the bracket into place, screw the emblem to the bracket, and call it a day.

If you choose not to remove the bumper, you'll need small enough hands to get into the bumper via the grill, the right tools (a 90 degree torque screw helps immensely), patience (to locate and torque down the screw basically blind), and ideally someone to help you.

In any case, you want to place the mounting bracket into position using the two holes on the bumper. Screw in two screws into those holes (kit comes with 5, you'll have 2 leftover). Clip in the emblem from the front. Theres two clips on both the left and right side of the emblem, make sure both are clipped all the way in to the bracket. Using a third screw, screw in the hole behind the bracket that connects it to the emblem.

Some notes: if you choose to do this without removing the bumper, one of the first two screws for the bracket is extremely hard to get to because of how much space there is. I actually ran mine for a while without torquing down the second one and just using one screw for the bracket. The emblem holds extremely well and it was never in danger of coming loose. I eventually found the right tool to get to the second screw so I ended up using both, but I see no reason why you couldn't just use one.

Hope this helps.
Wow, If you lived close by me I would bought you a drink for that amazing information! lol I asked japanparts and I did get the assembly instruction picture but it didn't really help me at all.

I for some reason felt that I might have to remove a bumper to install it easy but I guess that was true.. I will try though as it isn't impossible to install it.

Do you still have 18 inch black sti wheels by the way?

I wanted to get those for myself, too but paying $400 for shipping+fees associated with customs and importation didn't sound right to me for some reason.

I know there's ASA? and some other wheels that are replicas of the enkei-made brz sti wheels but I'm not sure if I want them..

Oh and.. sorry to bombard you with bunch of random questions but do you have spacers on? for 18x7.5 the fitment looks real good on your wrb brz.

And do you still have sti springs (from japanaparts?)?

I wanted to ask around if they're good or not but I just wanted to ask someone who has them on his/her car to see if it makes little if any, difference in driving feel other than lowering the car 15mm which is a tad more than a half-inch.

Again thanks for the instruction it helped me a lot and your wrb brz is awesome!!!! Looks amazing.
Old 01-19-2014, 12:50 AM   #193
fx35s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitesh31 View Post
Awww yeaaa! I'm really loving these tires so you'll definitely be having a fun time. Even matching valve caps twin!
Do you have 18" black sti wheels as well?

I really wanted to get those but the price is kind of turn off for me especially that $400 shipping charge -_-

What about the offset? Aren't those wheels 18x7.5? I was like if I were to spent something over 1.5k on wheels I would want something that's at least 8.5 to have more of a flushed look as 9.5 on the rear looks really good but I don't want too much grip + worse mpg&road noise

Regardless of the price, however, those wheels look just amazing.
Old 01-19-2014, 06:38 PM   #194
Nitesh31

Drives: Black BRZ Black STI
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Do you have 18" black sti wheels as well?

I really wanted to get those but the price is kind of turn off for me especially that $400 shipping charge -_-

What about the offset? Aren't those wheels 18x7.5? I was like if I were to spent something over 1.5k on wheels I would want something that's at least 8.5 to have more of a flushed look as 9.5 on the rear looks really good but I don't want too much grip + worse mpg&road noise

Regardless of the price, however, those wheels look just amazing.
Yep same wheels. The offset is +48. I actually like how the width is pretty mild. Even with super sports I can get the car to play a little. Not as much as the stock tires anymore but I'd imagine it would be impossible with wider tires.

And to answer your question about the springs I feel like for the amount it helps with the "handling" and how it firms up the ride making the car rotate better it really doesn't harshen the ride quality as much as you'd expect. It's a great value

Where in jersey you at
Nitesh31 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nitesh31 For This Useful Post:
fx35s (01-20-2014)
Old 01-20-2014, 12:16 AM   #195
DSOmegaX

Quote:
Wow, If you lived close by me I would bought you a drink for that amazing information! lol I asked japanparts and I did get the assembly instruction picture but it didn't really help me at all.

I for some reason felt that I might have to remove a bumper to install it easy but I guess that was true.. I will try though as it isn't impossible to install it.

Do you still have 18 inch black sti wheels by the way?

I wanted to get those for myself, too but paying $400 for shipping+fees associated with customs and importation didn't sound right to me for some reason.

I know there's ASA? and some other wheels that are replicas of the enkei-made brz sti wheels but I'm not sure if I want them..

Oh and.. sorry to bombard you with bunch of random questions but do you have spacers on? for 18x7.5 the fitment looks real good on your wrb brz.

And do you still have sti springs (from japanaparts?)?

I wanted to ask around if they're good or not but I just wanted to ask someone who has them on his/her car to see if it makes little if any, difference in driving feel other than lowering the car 15mm which is a tad more than a half-inch.

Again thanks for the instruction it helped me a lot and your wrb brz is awesome!!!! Looks amazing.
No spacers, but I may add a 5mm to the rear to bring it out just a tad as the rear fenders sit just a little bit more flared when compared to the front. As far as the springs go, they make the ride probably just slightly more stiff but its very unnoticeable. It definitely passed the gf test (as in she had no idea I switched them out) so if you're looking for a stock-like ride while adding a subtle drop, there still my go to choice.

The Following User Says Thank You to DSOmegaX For This Useful Post:
fx35s (01-20-2014)
Old 01-20-2014, 12:34 AM   #196
DSOmegaX

Some new pictures; trying to highlight the emblem. Also played around with some lighting and B&W.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DSOmegaX For This Useful Post:
Beyer Subaru (01-20-2014), fx35s (01-20-2014), Juvenile (01-20-2014)