follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 03-11-2015, 09:44 PM   #1835
DC2R

Drives: 2014 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codythatsme View Post
Hey everyone! I have a few issues with my dashlinq, firstly, is there anyway for the headunit to launch into an Tourqe everytime the car is turned on? It gets frustrating having to go into it everytime. Also, is there a way for Poweramp to remember where in a song you were up to when you start your car again?

Thanks!
Try rocket player
DC2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 09:52 PM   #1836
DC2R

Quote:
Originally Posted by raqe View Post
If you open the stock File explorer app on the home screen, you should see something like downloadfile1.apk. Those should be the files to delete.
They are in the root of the storage.you have to delete them periodically
Old 03-12-2015, 05:05 AM   #1837
born2lose

Drives: Toyota GT86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I finally got the time to do the latest firmware update and I'm kinda sorry I did. I don't really see any improvements - however, I now have a few issues I never had before:

- I have an usb drive with music that's always connected; since the firmware upgrade, the player randomly switches from radio to the usb music - sometimes two minutes after I start the car, sometimes 10 minutes, sometimes not at all;
- wi-fi does not automatically connect to my phone; although I have the tethering turned on, I always need to turn it off and turn it back on for the dashlinq to pick it up; really annoying
- not sure, but I have the feeling that the unit is a slower than before; it was always a bit laggy, it seems to have gotten worse.
born2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 10:08 AM   #1838
Pwolf

Drives: 2013 GBS BRZ Limited
Thanked 1,380 Times in 560 Posts
Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Maybe try running the update again?
Old 03-15-2015, 07:15 AM   #1839
Codythatsme

Drives: GT 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by petr View Post
1) To launch some apps on every boot you can use an app named Tasker, I use it to start poweramp and press Play on boot.

2) For Poweramp to remember last played position you need to put it on pause every time you turn dashlinq off. There's no other way as it seems.
I know for shure that there are players that remember position without pause, but I don't remember which I tried (it had very tiny buttons for a car player, so I swithed to Poweramp).

In my opinion players can't remember position because there is no power-off event in dashlinq, apparently it just kills the power so Android and apps don't know that they soon to be killed. Like taking the battery out of your phone.

I asked ca-fi support, they said that there is absolutely no way.
I think that the right knob is connected directly to the FM module and can't be programmed in android.
Hey! Just wondering, how did you do that with tasker? I can only make it do things on device boot, unless you do a cold boot each time you start your car?
Codythatsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 03:46 PM   #1840
petr

Drives: Mazda Miata
Quote:
unless you do a cold boot each time you start your car?
yep, since dashlinq kills all 3rd-party apps before sleep anyway, I see no point in using it :\.

I'm not sure that you can actually program Tasker to restart an app after dashlinq sleep, because I dont see a way to distinguish which apps were running before sleep.
petr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 04:01 PM   #1841
petr

On unrelated subject:
I'm now working on an app, that would fine tune music volume in relation with car speed, and do it in a smart way. I saw such function in various stock head units, maybe gt86s have it too, I don't know.

I found several similar apps on Play Market, but they all do not allow to manually change volume when they are running, volume just instantly jumps back to a programmed value.
My app can change its behaviour in response to manual volume change.

The whole reason why it interests me is because soundproof of my car is not perfect and if on a full stop 14-16 volume level is enough, while driving I need to constantly turn volume up and sometimes even down (maybe it's just my lazyness). This app does it all by itself.
If anyone is interested, I will get back to you when I'll have somewhat finished version.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to petr For This Useful Post:
Bigmaxy (03-15-2015), Pwolf (03-15-2015)
Old 03-15-2015, 04:03 PM   #1842
ybotspawn

Drives: 13 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
On unrelated subject:
I'm now working on an app, that would fine tune music volume in relation with car speed, and do it in a smart way. I saw such function in various stock head units, maybe gt86s have it too, I don't know.

I found several similar apps on Play Market, but they all do not allow to manually change volume when they are running, volume just instantly jumps back to a programmed value.

The whole reason why it interests me is because soundproof of my car is not perfect and if on a full stop 14-16 volume level is enough, while driving I need to constantly turn volume up and sometimes even down (maybe it's just my lazyness). This app does it all by itself.
If anyone is interested, I will get back to you when I'll have somewhat finished version.
Could just whip up an sl4a script....
ybotspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ybotspawn For This Useful Post:
petr (03-16-2015)
Old 03-15-2015, 04:04 PM   #1843
SilverlightPony

Drives: '13 Subaru BRZ, '06 Toyota 4Runner
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
On unrelated subject:

Definitely interested. 16 or 18 is fine when I'm tooling around town, but at 70mph on the freeway, I have to turn it up to 20 or 22. Having something to do that automatically would be great.
SilverlightPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 08:29 AM   #1844
Codythatsme

Drives: GT 86
Anyone have any experience connecting a reverse camera? Im having a lot of trouble at the moment
Codythatsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 09:35 AM   #1845
Pwolf

Drives: 2013 GBS BRZ Limited
Thanked 1,380 Times in 560 Posts
Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Anyone have any experience connecting a reverse camera? Im having a lot of trouble at the moment
Haven't got around to it yet. What's the problem?
Old 03-17-2015, 06:57 AM   #1846
Foobar
SLO NO MO

Drives: '19 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Thanked 1,062 Times in 738 Posts
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:

No problems here. What's up?
Foobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 06:47 AM   #1847
DC2R

Need to buy a camera but keep forgetting what is needed.
Old 03-18-2015, 04:23 PM   #1848
petr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybotspawn View Post
Could just whip up an sl4a script....
I don't think so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverlightPony View Post
Definitely interested. 16 or 18 is fine when I'm tooling around town, but at 70mph on the freeway, I have to turn it up to 20 or 22. Having something to do that automatically would be great.
Alright, but it's still not done.

Quote:
Well there's a new howto on ca-fi forums, just what you needed.
How to connect a rear view camera to an infotainment system? (Dashlinq4)

On another topic:
I found a way to improve music autostart on boot. Since global variables in Tasker are saved between reboots, you can use them to save last used music source.
Here's example if you use only music player and radio, and want either of them to run after every boot.
1) Create new Profile, select Application, select Radio, press back
2) select New task, enter its name, press V
3) Create new Action, choose Variables, then Variable Set
4) Enter variable Name, it must start with % and uppercase letter, for example %Radio, then enter value in "To", type "1" or "on", does not matter, then press back and back again
5) Create another new Profile, select Application, select your music player (Poweramp), Back, New Task, New Task Name
6) new action, Variables, Variable Clear, in the Name put previously chosen name (%Radio), back and back
7) Another (last) Profile, choose Event, Device Boot, press Back
8) New task, New task name, new Action, Task, If
9) in Condition put your variable name (%Radio), select operator (~ button in the middle), choose Isn't Set
10) new Task, App, Launch App, your music player (Poweramp), Back
11) new Task, Media, Media Control, in Cmd select Play, then press Back

Well, something like that, I don't know how it will behave if you switch between radio and player more than one time, but for me for now it will be enough.

And finally:
If you'r not happy with built-in music player and don't want it to run every time you insert USB stick
Disabling standard USB music app