follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 01-16-2015, 11:22 AM   #1541
53Driver
T64-416Ax3=13,140shp

Drives: 2002 AP1 and 2015 F-150 EB (DD)
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Actually, this brings up a great point. WTH are all the faction vendors weapons Crucible only? I mean, the Crucible quartermaster has weapons just like the Vanguard quartermaster so why are all the factions Crucible oriented? After all, it's the PvE element that is supposed to be the story to this game. PvP is just for when you want to run around and kill your fellow Guardians in a "test of will and skill". So it doesn't make any sense that the factions are geared to Crucible when they are supposed to be the ones who are constantly giving you missions when you patrol??? It's silly and really annoying.
53Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 11:42 AM   #1542
MokSpeed
Granny Shifter

Drives: 2014 FR-S
Thanked 1,289 Times in 711 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Driver View Post
Actually, this brings up a great point. WTH are all the faction vendors weapons Crucible only? I mean, the Crucible quartermaster has weapons just like the Vanguard quartermaster so why are all the factions Crucible oriented? After all, it's the PvE element that is supposed to be the story to this game. PvP is just for when you want to run around and kill your fellow Guardians in a "test of will and skill". So it doesn't make any sense that the factions are geared to Crucible when they are supposed to be the ones who are constantly giving you missions when you patrol??? It's silly and really annoying.

Actually once you equip the faction class item all earned Vanguard and Crucible experience is applied directly to that faction. This includes bounties for both. Until you unequip the class item, you will no longer earn any experience for Vanguard or Crucible. Also equipping the nameplate for the faction also grants a slight XP bonus just like it does for Iron Banner. The factions were supposed to play an important role in the original plot of Destiny, but then Activision came and gutted the whole game and now we have no idea WTF the whole point of them are without having to read the stupid Grimoire cards.
MokSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MokSpeed For This Useful Post:
53Driver (01-16-2015)
Old 01-16-2015, 12:43 PM   #1543
53Driver
T64-416Ax3=13,140shp

Quote:
Originally Posted by MokSpeed View Post
Actually once you equip the faction class item all earned Vanguard and Crucible experience is applied directly to that faction. This includes bounties for both. Until you unequip the class item, you will no longer earn any experience for Vanguard or Crucible. Also equipping the nameplate for the faction also grants a slight XP bonus just like it does for Iron Banner. The factions were supposed to play an important role in the original plot of Destiny, but then Activision came and gutted the whole game and now we have no idea WTF the whole point of them are without having to read the stupid Grimoire cards.
I'm not sure I completely follow what you're saying. I know that by equipping faction class items, that rep goes to that faction as you turn in bounties but my point was in order to purchase said weapons you need Crucible marks just like with the Crucible quartermaster. That makes absolutley no sense to me. Why should I play Crucible to get marks in order to buy faction items when the factions are supposed to be tied into the story line, hence the PvE element to Destiny. The only reason I equip my faction class items is when I am turning in bounties that way I level up faction rank. Everytime I hit a new rank, there's at least a chance I'll get something in return. Twice I've gotten Crucible commendations which basically do me no good since I rarely play Crucible, but twice I've received weapons from Dead Orbit. I got the rocket launcher and the sniper. So basically the only reason I have found to equip a class item is for the chance at getting a random weapon or shader awarded to me. I follow you on the whole "the game got gutted so they really make no sense now" part.
Old 01-16-2015, 01:34 PM   #1544
f0rge
head of infinite swagger

Drives: 2013 FR-S 6MT
Garage
I think originally the idea was for players to choose a faction and by playing games and winning in the crucible, that faction would become more powerful. The idea was to have the 3 (used to be 4 or 5) different factions all vying for "control" in the tower. Each faction has a different motto/goal/purpose that would have changed how things worked in the tower and maybe crucible.

You can see that New Monarchy was going to be the original faction in "control", which explains their position of power next to the speaker while the other 2 are stuck begging for scraps in the hangar bays.

Yet another really cool idea that was scrapped. Hopefully they can actually come through with some of this stuff for Destiny 2.
2013 Ultramarine FR-S 6MT - Car Journal - SOLD
2004 AlpineWhite M3 6MT - SOLD
f0rge is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to f0rge For This Useful Post:
53Driver (01-16-2015)
Old 01-16-2015, 02:06 PM   #1545
53Driver
T64-416Ax3=13,140shp

Quote:
Originally Posted by f0rge View Post
I think originally the idea was for players to choose a faction and by playing games and winning in the crucible, that faction would become more powerful. The idea was to have the 3 (used to be 4 or 5) different factions all vying for "control" in the tower. Each faction has a different motto/goal/purpose that would have changed how things worked in the tower and maybe crucible.

You can see that New Monarchy was going to be the original faction in "control", which explains their position of power next to the speaker while the other 2 are stuck begging for scraps in the hangar bays.

Yet another really cool idea that was scrapped. Hopefully they can actually come through with some of this stuff for Destiny 2.
Okay, that clears it up for me and makes a little more sense. Otherwise, I was just lost as to why the factions tie into the "story" yet their gear was tied to the Crucible.
Old 01-16-2015, 02:13 PM   #1546
wheelhaus

Drives: 2013 BRZ, 2020 KTM Super Duke 1290R
Thanked 1,141 Times in 624 Posts
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I really wish they'd offer a marks exchange for vanguard/crucible, or wearing the faction garb would also earn marks (even if Crucible marks are earned at half rate). For me at least, grinding multiplayer is fun for a short while but gets stale.
wheelhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 02:33 PM   #1547
The_Understated
Hooner in training... eh?

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelhaus View Post
If anyone would like to find a good pool of people to play with, check out www.the100.io

It's a Destiny-specific matchmaking site based on general preferences like play time, age, profanity, level, mic, console, etc, and places you into a group of up to 100 other similar people. I've been using it about a week and it's AWESOME, I have yet to run into a bad group. SO much easier than other alternatives hoping that you get a compatible group with no trolls or assholes. Game events can be scheduled in advance. There's real time group chat and event chat. Everyone I've met there has been great, and inactive members are removed from the group after about 2 weeks to give active members priority. It's jokingly being called gHarmony.
Awesome thanks for sharing this! Destiny was starting to lose it's luster since it doesn't have a built in LFG function for the weekly heroics and raid content... Us soloists are being neglected here. xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by f0rge View Post
Holy shit Xur has Icebreaker.

Everyone needs this gun. Doesn't matter if you have other snipers, buy it.

Best gun in the game hands down.
Annnnnd this finally reminded me to actually find Xur this week... always went to look for him on Sunday when I'd remember and was always too late... lmao. I'm sad I'm only lvl26 so I won't have enough SC for the Icebreaker IIRC
Old 01-16-2015, 02:41 PM   #1548
f0rge
head of infinite swagger

Drives: 2013 FR-S 6MT
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Understated View Post
Annnnnd this finally reminded me to actually find Xur this week... always went to look for him on Sunday when I'd remember and was always too late... lmao. I'm sad I'm only lvl26 so I won't have enough SC for the Icebreaker IIRC
What platform you play on? Most of us can easily pull you through the weekly heroic (maybe only the 6 coin version though), just hit someone up.
2013 Ultramarine FR-S 6MT - Car Journal - SOLD
2004 AlpineWhite M3 6MT - SOLD
f0rge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 02:41 PM   #1549
wheelhaus

Quote:
Awesome thanks for sharing this! Destiny was starting to lose it's luster since it doesn't have a built in LFG function for the weekly heroics and raid content... Us soloists are being neglected here. xD
It's funny, the only bad run I've had so far was the result of one guy, a (non-group) 32 that a friend invited to round out a 6-man team for a CE run. He was bossy, knew everything, everyone was "getting in his way" and of course he had to be the swordbearer and caused the vast majority of the wipes.

Quote:
See if you can get in on a sherpa run, the icebreaker is a game changer if you can nab one.
Old 01-16-2015, 02:46 PM   #1550
53Driver
T64-416Ax3=13,140shp

Quote:

I still need to run the weekly so I'm sure a couple of us on here can help you get through it. How many coins do you currently have?
Old 01-16-2015, 04:32 PM   #1551
The_Understated

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Driver View Post
I still need to run the weekly so I'm sure a couple of us on here can help you get through it. How many coins do you currently have?
I currently only have 7 coins. Jumping on now if anyone wants to join me. Xbox One: UndyingSilencer
Old 01-16-2015, 04:34 PM   #1552
53Driver
T64-416Ax3=13,140shp

Quote:
I currently only have 7 coins. Jumping on now if anyone wants to join me. Xbox One: UndyingSilencer
Yeah, that sucks. Not going to have what you need even if you get the 9 coins unless you have an alt character you could run. I'll be on later tonight, not sure what time yet.
Old 01-16-2015, 08:49 PM   #1553
The_Understated

Garage
Anyone online right now? Trying to get past my heroic weekly. Only level 24 but still kicking my ass. Haha

Sent from my iPhone 6+
Old 01-16-2015, 09:19 PM   #1554
wheelhaus

You could hit up www.the100.io and see if there's any public games at your level.