follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions

Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions Discuss all other cars and automotive news here.

User Tag List

Old 03-19-2013, 09:13 AM   #141
boead

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
The Mustang is sort of an anti-86 in many ways. Not well designed overall. More impression and illusion then engineering. And don't get me wrong, ive owned a few Mustangs over the years. It has its place, just not at mine.
boead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:27 AM   #142
SVTSHC
(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ

Drives: 2015 Series Blue BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by boead View Post
The Mustang is sort of an anti-86 in many ways. Not well designed overall. More impression and illusion then engineering. And don't get me wrong, ive owned a few Mustangs over the years. It has its place, just not at mine.
I think that's a bit subjective, many would argue it's wonderfully engineered. To take a SRA and make it handle the way it does speaks worlds of what the vehicle will be capable of once it's lightened and given an IRS. The interior... well ya get what ya pay for lol.... which include Recaro's

Domestics used to be: Motor & Style

now Domestics are: Motor, Handling & Style.

Once they get to Motor, Handling, Style, Above average quality (right now they're around average in most cases) & a good interior that won't rocket the price.... well maybe people will start to give them some credit. Lol or not =/.

"Sweet Subaru, sweet Subaru, send your BRZ unto me, for the roads of the unworthy must be baptized in speed and glory." ~Zaku
SVTSHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:35 AM   #143
Wolfking

Drives: Asphalt FRS
Yeah, that's the ticket! Newer Mustangs are crap! The same newer Mustangs which were pitted against my beloved 370Z and deemed more than worthy. Ya know Z's are pieces of sh** too! As for the Camaro sure it looks nice, but the roofline or lack of headroom are not functional, not while inside of it!.
Wolfking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:33 AM   #144
boead

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfking View Post
Yeah, that's the ticket! Newer Mustangs are crap! The same newer Mustangs which were pitted against my beloved 370Z and deemed more than worthy. Ya know Z's are pieces of sh** too! As for the Camaro sure it looks nice, but the roofline or lack of headroom are not functional, not while inside of it!.
Go buy one!

I stopped buying American Auto makers crap when they stopped caring and started making there cars in Mexico. yes I know more are made here now, to little to late.
Better, yeah. Im sure it is, not much else to go but up for the "once" big-three!
Japanese Auto makers design better cars and make most of them here in the US by Americans in high tech plants. And the best cars are made in Japan by Japanese. Then there are the Germans!

Best brand cars in order; Lexus, Toyota, Acura, Honda, Mercedes, Infinity, Nissan, Mazda, BMW, Audi, VW... the rest don't count!

Would I buy a Ford, Chrysler or Chevy? Yeah, I have and I will again im sure but I know what im buying and my expectations are what they should be.
And BTW; I considered the 370 but found a number of reasons to not want one. Id rather have a 350 or an rx8. I wish Honda still made an Integra.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:48 AM   #145
SVTSHC
(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfking View Post
Every comparison I've seen between the stang and the 370 has put the stang ahead. Which comparison are you speaking of?

Quote:
Go buy one!

I stopped buying American Auto makers crap when they stopped caring and started making there cars in Mexico. yes I know more are made here now, to little to late.
Better, yeah. Im sure it is, not much else to go but up for the "once" big-three!
Japanese Auto makers design better cars and make most of them here in the US by Americans in high tech plants. And the best cars are made in Japan by Japanese. Then there are the Germans!

Best brand cars in order; Lexus, Toyota, Acura, Honda, Mercedes, Infinity, Nissan, Mazda, BMW, Audi, VW... the rest don't count!

Would I buy a Ford, Chrysler or Chevy? Yeah, I have and I will again im sure but I know what im buying and my expectations are what they should be.
And BTW; I considered the 370 but found a number of reasons to not want one. Id rather have a 350 or an rx8. I wish Honda still made an Integra.

What kind of logic is that dude? The big three were outsourcing manufacturing jobs at a time when barely anyone manufactured in the US. Not saying it was the right thing to do but it kept them alive longer before they hit a wall a few years back.

How are those the best brands? Maybe subjectively speaking, but I've worked for three of them (and currently work for BMW) and I can assure you they've all got their serious pitfalls. You're looking at things from a jaded outside perspective based on a foundation of speculation and stereotyping.

I really truly feel bad for Domestic auto manufacturers, it's mind blowing how unwilling so many people are to give them a chance because of past mistakes that were happening over a decade ago. Yet we forgive the import manufacturers when they screw up and toss the blame around in under two years.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, there really aren't enough enthusiasts that look at vehicles from a neutral perspective. A biased opinion leads to a lack of research, and a lack of research leads to ignorance in the face of improvement.

"Sweet Subaru, sweet Subaru, send your BRZ unto me, for the roads of the unworthy must be baptized in speed and glory." ~Zaku
Old 03-20-2013, 08:21 AM   #146
boead

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTSHC View Post
How are those the best brands? Maybe subjectively speaking, but I've worked for three of them (and currently work for BMW) and I can assure you they've all got their serious pitfalls. You're looking at things from a jaded outside perspective based on a foundation of speculation and stereotyping.
Not at all! Ive owned dozens of cars! All different types and as an enthusiast I pay attention to other peoples cars.
I appreciate the big-3's new beginnings but the lack of design and ingenuity is still absurd! The US is more than capable but they forgot how.
BTW: while the big-3 were outsourcing the Japanese and Germans were sourcing quality American workers in quality plants with high standards!
Buy American? So I can feed Mexican and Canadian families? No, buy Japanese if you want to buy American. I just want whomever makes it better and I believe the Japanese plants and workers are superior but I believe the Americans, properly managed and supplied can be nearly as good. We all know about the Germans already.

Not particularly subjective, my list that is. They all have pitfalls, just less so as you climb the list. Ask any long-time reputable mechanic in a large suburban area (NYC, Chicago, LA, etc.) to put together a list. It wont be much different. Its a combination of design, innovation, craftsmanship and dedication that EQUATES to reliability and driver experience!
Old 03-20-2013, 08:35 AM   #147
boead

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTSHC View Post
I really truly feel bad for Domestic auto manufacturers, it's mind blowing how unwilling so many people are to give them a chance because of past mistakes that were happening over a decade ago. Yet we forgive the import manufacturers when they screw up and toss the blame around in under two years.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, there really aren't enough enthusiasts that look at vehicles from a neutral perspective. A biased opinion leads to a lack of research, and a lack of research leads to ignorance in the face of improvement.
I'll not continue to much more, just enjoying the conversation before I get busy.
Im not bias at all and I do to much research, its the nature of me and my work too. Im a publisher.

Its hard to be neutral, especially my generation. I saw the big-3 fuck up time and time again.
I ALSO watched leading technology born from the US. Intel, AMD, MS, Apple all created and innovated and shaped the future of humanity!
While the "BIG-3" got fat, lazy and let the Unions dig their grave. Leading technology, innovated and design were all in-the-cards for the BIG-3 BUT IT NEVER HAPPENED!! I DID support them for years, way beyond what they deserved and I DID give them all a second and third chance over the years, even fairly recently. Im tired of being disappointed and that isn't bias, its life-long experience.
I almost gave them another chance with a Mustang or other. Know some that have them, rented them and so on. I did as well and im not falling for it again! And you know what? neither are many of my friends. Again, too little, to late.

And as the Big-3 get better SO DOES everyone else!
Old 03-20-2013, 08:56 AM   #148
SVTSHC
(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ

Quote:
I'll not continue to much more, just enjoying the conversation before I get busy.
Im not bias at all and I do to much research, its the nature of me and my work too. Im a publisher.

Its hard to be neutral, especially my generation. I saw the big-3 fuck up time and time again.
I ALSO watched leading technology born from the US. Intel, AMD, MS, Apple all created and innovated and shaped the future of humanity!
While the "BIG-3" got fat, lazy and let the Unions dig their grave. Leading technology, innovated and design were all in-the-cards for the BIG-3 BUT IT NEVER HAPPENED!! I DID support them for years, way beyond what they deserved and I DID give them all a second and third chance over the years, even fairly recently. Im tired of being disappointed and that isn't bias, its life-long experience.
I almost gave them another chance with a Mustang or other. Know some that have them, rented them and so on. I did as well and im not falling for it again! And you know what? neither are many of my friends. Again, too little, to late.

And as the Big-3 get better SO DOES everyone else!
I can understand where you're coming from after dealing with repeated disappointments, but imagine this for a second.

You are a runner. You run races every year and do just well enough to finish without stopping for breaks meanwhile everyone around you is trying for personal bests. You finally decide to step it up after years of complacency and start pushing for personal bests. It just so happens your personal bests are doing just as well, if not better in some cases than the other runners. People still tell you that you suck and need to put forth some effort.

Would be pretty demoralizing eh? Wouldn't that make ya want to say "fuck it" and give them the results they're expecting? Well luckily money is enough of a attitude changer that the latter is out of the question, but the former still holds true. It's hard to change your public image when people keep telling you you're garbage despite all your efforts.

(also what mustangs did your friends own/rent? Do they rent GT's or just V6's? Cause every place I've seen rent Stangs only had Automatic V6's =/)

Old 03-20-2013, 09:55 AM   #149
n2oinferno
Praise Helix!

Drives: Accord 2.0T, Silverado
Thanked 2,208 Times in 1,072 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
I stopped buying American Auto makers crap when they stopped caring and started making there cars in Mexico.
Why does VW make your list? They have been building a lot of cars in Mexico too, so apparently they "don't care." Even moreso now that they have a strategy to sell more cars in the USA.
n2oinferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:59 AM   #150
Wes B.
Automotive Enthusiast

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
And the best cars are made in Japan by Japanese.
You do realize that a ton of the big Japanese auto manufacturers don't make their cars in Japan right? Both Honda and Toyota utilize the labor forces in countries like Brazil, Indonesia, China, Mexico, Pakistan, and Turkey to bring what you consider to be "Japanese" cars to your local dealership.
Wes B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:53 AM   #151
boead

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes B. View Post
You do realize that a ton of the big Japanese auto manufacturers don't make their cars in Japan right? Both Honda and Toyota utilize the labor forces in countries like Brazil, Indonesia, China, Mexico, Pakistan, and Turkey to bring what you consider to be "Japanese" cars to your local dealership.
Totally and you know those are NOT the best cars. Lexus is NOT made outside Japan (maybe the SUV and ??), neither are most Acura and Infinity's. The BEST cars are made in Japan.
MB SUV is North American made, the rest of the US destination cars are made in Germany.
Most US destination Japanese cars are made in the USA with the upper 10% or so made in Japan.

And VW hardly made the list, you can cross them off if you like.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:27 AM   #152
Wes B.
Automotive Enthusiast

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Totally and you know those are NOT the best cars. Lexus is NOT made outside Japan (maybe the SUV and ??), neither are most Acura and Infinity's. The BEST cars are made in Japan.
MB SUV is North American made, the rest of the US destination cars are made in Germany.
Most US destination Japanese cars are made in the USA with the upper 10% or so made in Japan.

And VW hardly made the list, you can cross them off if you like.
Wrong again. Lexus has an assembly plant in Cambridge, Ontario (Canada). Acura has assembly plants in East Liberty, Ohio (USA), Alliston, Ontario (Canada), and Marysville, Ohio (USA). As for Infiniti, the brand name Infiniti is not even used in Japan! All Infiniti's are made in a number of plants within the USA, Europe, and even the Middle East.

I'm sorry to say it, but your ideologies surrounding the automobile industry are both flawed and hypocritical.
Wes B. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wes B. For This Useful Post:
bestwheelbase (03-20-2013), SVTSHC (03-20-2013)
Old 03-20-2013, 11:49 AM   #153
SVTSHC
(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ

Quote:
Wrong again. Lexus has an assembly plant in Cambridge, Ontario (Canada). Acura has assembly plants in East Liberty, Ohio (USA), Alliston, Ontario (Canada), and Marysville, Ohio (USA). As for Infiniti, the brand name Infiniti is not even used in Japan! All Infiniti's are made in a number of plants within the USA, Europe, and even the Middle East.

I'm sorry to say it, but your ideologies surrounding the automobile industry are both flawed and hypocritical.

Gotta agree with you; I just didn't want to be the one to say it .

Old 03-20-2013, 12:00 PM   #154
boead

Garage
Quote:

Yes, I know that. You know which cars are made in those plants?
You are not understanding US Destination. Acura is a North American company also.
Check the VINs on most models, you will see the J.

Tags
2015, couldhavehadav8, ecoboost, ford, mustang