follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments

User Tag List

Old 01-14-2014, 06:46 AM   #141
slicktop

Drives: 2013 Raven FRS 2JZ-GTE/V160 swapped
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko04 View Post
It was lifetime when I bought my system. I know they changed it but I don't know if that applies to new orders or what. In any case, I won't be using them.
Yeah, no one is grandfathered in. They had a post saying that even if you bought while there was "lifetime" tunes, they would not honor it.

Pretttttty sure that's illegal.
slicktop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 07:41 AM   #142
Ryan P

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
I am having the similar issues with Fa20club, I received pieces of the kit but not the whole thing. My turbo suffers from some cosmetic damage, and my e-mails are falling on deaf ears. I HAVE sent them a complete list of what I BELIEVE to be missing, although I still don't understand why they don't include a packing list with the shipment. I don't even have the complete header. I have the bottom half but not the top module where you actually attach the wastegate and the turbo. It's as if they just grabbed a random assortment of parts and tossed them in a box. I am glad to see this in the vendor feedback section however, as there were nothing but great reviews for their service when I ordered this kit.
Ryan P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 07:49 AM   #143
ecko04
Seems Legit

Drives: Toyota
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan P View Post
I am having the similar issues with Fa20club, I received pieces of the kit but not the whole thing. My turbo suffers from some cosmetic damage, and my e-mails are falling on deaf ears. I HAVE sent them a complete list of what I BELIEVE to be missing, although I still don't understand why they don't include a packing list with the shipment. I don't even have the complete header. I have the bottom half but not the top module where you actually attach the wastegate and the turbo. It's as if they just grabbed a random assortment of parts and tossed them in a box. I am glad to see this in the vendor feedback section however, as there were nothing but great reviews for their service when I ordered this kit.

You're missing the downpipe and secondary pipe. The turbo attaches to the downpipe. The wastegate attaches to the secondary pipe.

I agree with you on the random assortment of parts, gaskets and bolts that don't fit which are thrown into a box and labeled "complete".

I took the downpipe, secondary pipe and turbo with me to Home Depot and Lowes to get the correct hardware.
Old 01-14-2014, 07:49 AM   #144
sierra

Drives: Skoda Yeti DSG diesel 4x4
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan P View Post
Why not be the first to leave them some bad feedback on the official forum site?
I'm close to doing it after being hung out yet again waiting for their promised Fedex return label.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/itrad...ck.php?u=16043
sierra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 07:50 AM   #145
ecko04
Seems Legit

Drives: Toyota
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by slicktop View Post
Yeah, no one is grandfathered in. They had a post saying that even if you bought while there was "lifetime" tunes, they would not honor it.

Pretttttty sure that's illegal.

Yeah glad I'm not using their garbage. It takes a lot of back and forth and logs to get a tune dialed in properly.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:52 AM   #146
Ryan P

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
I'm awaiting resolution, there is a vast difference between feedback on poor customer service and lack of organization versus flat out fraud. I am unhappy with my service thus far but I have yet to call it a flat out loss. I'm still hopefull the rest of my parts will arrive.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Ryan P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 11:11 AM   #147
kayoh

Drives: 2014 SWP Limited BRZ
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Damnn, I'm definitely taking notes. I'm sorry to hear so many people are having problems with this vendor. If you're having issues please leave feedback for them, I don't want myself or anyone else to have to deal with skewed information.
kayoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 11:33 AM   #148
j.F.c.R.a.S

Drives: rx8. frs.
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
The only product ive purchased from FA20club is the stage 2 ecutek reflash. At first Toni was quick to response with new files after I sent him datalogs. Once his customer base grew it took him a lot longer to respond, sometimes he wouldnt reply at all. They came out with a new datalog procedure, where you schedule an appointment and the whole day is dedicated to you. You datalog send him the file and he sends you a new file, etc. Well my car was running rough and once stalled out on me, so I scheduled an appointment with him the next day at 1pm. I started dataloging at 11:30 am the next morning and I sent it to him at 1pm. I also called him to confirm my appointment. Took about 3 calls to get through to him. When he answered he said he was out "running errands". I received my first file around 330ish, next one around 5ish, and last one around 730ish. Car is running okay, but I never got any final feedback on how my logs looked.
j.F.c.R.a.S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 11:56 AM   #149
kayoh

Drives: 2014 SWP Limited BRZ
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.F.c.R.a.S View Post
The only product ive purchased from FA20club is the stage 2 ecutek reflash. At first Toni was quick to response with new files after I sent him datalogs. Once his customer base grew it took him a lot longer to respond, sometimes he wouldnt reply at all. They came out with a new datalog procedure, where you schedule an appointment and the whole day is dedicated to you. You datalog send him the file and he sends you a new file, etc. Well my car was running rough and once stalled out on me, so I scheduled an appointment with him the next day at 1pm. I started dataloging at 11:30 am the next morning and I sent it to him at 1pm. I also called him to confirm my appointment. Took about 3 calls to get through to him. When he answered he said he was out "running errands". I received my first file around 330ish, next one around 5ish, and last one around 730ish. Car is running okay, but I never got any final feedback on how my logs looked.
Leave feedback! Stuff like this is important to know about vendors.
kayoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:01 PM   #150
ZionsWrath
Thanks

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 3,100 Times in 1,498 Posts
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
It's understandable not wanting to leave negative comments on a vendor until all your products and/or services are received. But PLEASE put your honest thoughts as feedback on their appropriate page when your business is completed with them.

I am planning and FI build in another year or so and do all my research here. Threads like these are very helpful to people like me (and there are more than you know as many are lurkers, not posters).
ZionsWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ZionsWrath For This Useful Post:
kayoh (01-14-2014)
Old 01-14-2014, 01:15 PM   #151
feldy

Drives: 2013 FRS Asphalt
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
If you are running the first file he sent you.. you really need to make time to do it correctly. Tuning your motor is very important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vten View Post
Was going to get their turbo kit until I see this threads .... They will not get my business.

I bought the header a while ago , came in okay buy the lower pipe hit one othe wiring connector ... Called them and Toni took care of it, after a month shipping back and forth by sending the same incorrect lower pipe, eventhough I told him from the beginning if the lower pipe is somewhat wrong .....one strike .

I order the ecutek tune . Did the first can tune , did send the log to the address he attached on the instruction he sent via email ... Didn't get anything until I search and found out that I need to send it to a different address ... 2-4weeks waiting , and one day he replied and told me I missed one of the data ... I was like fuk it ...car is running ok , occasionally doing a hard start in the morning like once in every month ... But I can live with it .... Strike 2!

Now after seen this threads ....strike 3 !! You're out !

He seems okay locally only , but if you're out of states ... You're fughed!!

I'll be getting a different kit definately, will maximize their header to the custom kit .about 20 hrs plus the material for the whole thing. YES It'll cost more than their FI kits but at least no waiting and lying .
Old 01-14-2014, 02:03 PM   #152
Vten

Drives: Too heavy
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by feldy View Post
If you are running the first file he sent you.. you really need to make time to do it correctly. Tuning your motor is very important.
I agree ... But most of can tunes are safe to drive around but not max to it potential. I'll get some real tuner to do In house tuning so I don't have to wait on their "game " eventhough the service is paid for .
Vten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 05:41 PM   #153
woode
Boosted Member

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via MSN to woode
Update 1/14 Grabbed box #3 from FedEx on my lunch break.. couldn't wait! What is in it? LOL. My ECUTek. Yup, that's it.

Again the box was listed as "35 lbs" (I am assuming to fool me and stall another day?). Once the FedEx store received it, the dimensions were updated to only 14x11x3. I knew this was yet another one of his antics, which is why I went on my lunch to see what could possible be in this box.

I am dying to know what his fanbase and himself have to say about this.. I mean.. most of his lies are even out in the open on this forum for everyone to see. This is so far beyond shitty customer service it's beginning to be funny.. and then I remember that I have $4500 wrapped up in this, so I guess the joke is on me.
2010 Subaru Impreza WRX PRM SSM
woode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 05:43 PM   #154
woode
Boosted Member

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via MSN to woode
Update#2 1/14 Toni has finally added tracking information for the P3Cars gauge to the paypal claim. Notice he said he did it days ago in this thread? no. He just did it today. "Why?" you ask - because it just shipped yesterday. I can see that there were delays from the vendor, and he even mentioned it.. but then said he put the tracking info in. However, he never mentioned delays at all in the first place until this thread was created. Before this, he told me it had shipped at the end of December! More lies..

Here is the UPS tracking info if anyone wants to see for themselves.
2010 Subaru Impreza WRX PRM SSM
woode is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
droppingtheballtoni, fab-worx/rda limited, fckuporderagaintoni, fixitagaintoni, no fire yet, shutup&shipmyturbo, toniscustomerservicesucks