follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 2nd Gens: GR86 and BRZ > BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) -- General Topics

BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) -- General Topics General topics for the second-gen BRZ

User Tag List

Old 05-11-2022, 01:37 PM   #1471
OkieSnuffBox

Drives: '23 BRZ Limited
Thanked 1,230 Times in 703 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioRebel View Post
Put in an order last week for a Limited w/manual transmission and a short throw shifter in sapphire blue. Dealer swore up and down that MSRP was going to be the final price. Here's hoping...
So did you put down a deposit? Did you get a signed work sheet from the dealer stating price, docs, and total purchase price after the deposit? If you don't have those things, you aren't getting it at MSRP.
Old 05-11-2022, 01:48 PM   #1472
BioRebel

Drives: Mini Cooper S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieSnuffBox View Post
So did you put down a deposit? Did you get a signed work sheet from the dealer stating price, docs, and total purchase price after the deposit? If you don't have those things, you aren't getting it at MSRP.
I did and I did.

Only weird part was that they initially quoted me a lower MSRP than I saw in the SoA press release. Got halfway through signing docs when they corrected it. So I had them draw up fresh docs with the correct pricing to be sure.
BioRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 02:11 PM   #1473
OkieSnuffBox

Quote:
I did and I did.

Only weird part was that they initially quoted me a lower MSRP than I saw in the SoA press release. Got halfway through signing docs when they corrected it. So I had them draw up fresh docs with the correct pricing to be sure.
If you have a signed work sheet, I can't imagine they would try to up the price on delivery.

Although, I guess really they could just give you back your deposit and say "Suck it." But that would look really bad for them and I assume SoA wouldn't like to see their dealers backing out of signed agreements.

I wouldn't worry about it.
Old 05-11-2022, 07:36 PM   #1474
SlowTime

Drives: 2009 MX-5
I got the call on Tusday that the car came in. Stopped by today to see it, will be picking it up in the morning.
SlowTime is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SlowTime For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (05-11-2022)
Old 05-11-2022, 08:45 PM   #1475
autosenses

Drives: 22 Raven 86, 19 STI, 15MK7 SE daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowTime View Post
I got the call on Tusday that the car came in. Stopped by today to see it, will be picking it up in the morning.
Sweet! When did you order?
autosenses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 09:34 PM   #1476
SlowTime

Drives: 2009 MX-5
Quote:
Originally Posted by autosenses View Post
Sweet! When did you order?
12/29/21 VON came in an email about two days later. Never got a VIN or any updates, neither did the dealer. He was shocked to see it come in. He was told it would be the last 2022 BRZ he was getting. I called Subaru two weeks ago and they said there were no updates and expect May delivery.
SlowTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 10:58 AM   #1477
DarkSunrise

Drives: 22 BRZ (Previously 13 FR-S)
Thanked 4,242 Times in 2,220 Posts
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Finally got an update from my dealership. ETA of 5/27.

2022 BRZ Build
2013 FR-S Build
DarkSunrise is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DarkSunrise For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (05-12-2022)
Old 05-12-2022, 12:22 PM   #1478
BioRebel

Drives: Mini Cooper S
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieSnuffBox View Post
If you have a signed work sheet, I can't imagine they would try to up the price on delivery.

Although, I guess really they could just give you back your deposit and say "Suck it." But that would look really bad for them and I assume SoA wouldn't like to see their dealers backing out of signed agreements.

I wouldn't worry about it.
I mean, I've heard the stories about Bronco's. IDK how much SoA cracks down on this practice.
BioRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 01:16 PM   #1479
OkieSnuffBox

Quote:
I mean, I've heard the stories about Bronco's. IDK how much SoA cracks down on this practice.
IIRC, that was a different scenario. But I'll also be honest and say, I'm not going to spend the time to look it up.
Old 05-12-2022, 02:40 PM   #1480
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,286 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
SoA does not care what the dealers do. They do not run the dealerships just sell cars to them. As long as the dealer is paying them that is the end of their concern.
The Bronco thing was dealers trying to scam Ford not backing out of agreements.
CincyJohn (05-12-2022)
Old 05-12-2022, 02:55 PM   #1481
CincyJohn

Drives: 2022 MT Neptune GR86 Prem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
SoA does not care what the dealers do. They do not run the dealerships just sell cars to them. As long as the dealer is paying them that is the end of their concern.
The Bronco thing was dealers trying to scam Ford not backing out of agreements.
And just to be clear, everyone agrees that people backing out on fully agreed upon deals is bad (no matter who does it). And if it is a written agreement, it is probably actionable.
CincyJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CincyJohn For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (05-12-2022)
Old 05-12-2022, 03:02 PM   #1482
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,286 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyJohn View Post
And just to be clear, everyone agrees that people backing out on fully agreed upon deals is bad (no matter who does it). And if it was a written agreement, it is probably actionable.
Funny one sub forum is screaming that the buyer should be able to back out without ramification and the other is worried about the dealers being held accountable if they do the same.
Old 05-12-2022, 03:56 PM   #1483
OkieSnuffBox

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyJohn View Post
And just to be clear, everyone agrees that people backing out on fully agreed upon deals is bad (no matter who does it). And if it is a written agreement, it is probably actionable.
Absolutely. I didn't give them a $1k deposit because I didn't intend on following through.

I suspect it would be actionable, but I suspect they would give you the deposit back instead of letting it get that far. And the DA/Judge is probably not going to care about "But they said they would sell me a new sports car!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Funny one sub forum is screaming that the buyer should be able to back out without ramification and the other is worried about the dealers being held accountable if they do the same.
I really think it's just one particular person intent on intentionally misconstruing what anyone says in the sake of an argument.
CincyJohn (05-12-2022), Tcoat (05-12-2022)
Old 05-12-2022, 04:14 PM   #1484
ZeroSum

Drives: 2023 Red MT BRZ
My original plans for buying this car didn't work out. I initially put down a deposit mid-October. Then a construction project on our front retaining wall, walkway, stairs, portico and front door went about $5k higher than originally planned. So I got my deposit back and cancelled the order temporarily.

Then my wife decided to go back mid December to put the deposit down as a surprise for our anniversary. And a month later the dealership called and said Subaru had cancelled the order, because they had oversold the year's production run.

Then I heard orders were open again, I went last week to put a deposit down again, and just got a call yesterday that the order had gone through. (For some reason this dealership puts in their orders on around the 10th of the month, not immediately). They say 8-10 weeks for delivery, but that's just based on they usual delivery times. I'd love to get it by the end of August, but I have a feeling I'll be waiting until late October, which is when the 2022s began delivery.

I'm getting a Limited Ignition Red with Manual. Just the dome light upgrade (yes I could have done it myself) and Homelink/auto dim mirror as extras, and MSRP.
ZeroSum is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZeroSum For This Useful Post:
Flarpswitch (05-12-2022), Tcoat (05-12-2022)