follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 06-04-2012, 01:32 PM   #1429
HunterGreene
Hail Magnet

Drives: Firestorm FR-S: "Artemis"
Thanked 3,195 Times in 1,633 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Hey, new to the site, just posted an intro thread, but looking forward to getting my Raven FR-S!
HunterGreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 01:55 PM   #1430
mfromwhere

Drives: White FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
New to the car & the site, shopping around LA for a white manual.

Wish me luck!
mfromwhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 05:22 PM   #1431
HotLeopardMama
Hello Kitty FRS ^_^

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Garage
New to the site, though, I've been on reading while making a decision... after 4 years of indecision with many cars in my head, I bit the bullet and bought a white AT FR-S this past Saturday, June 2nd at Cabe Toyota in Long Beach, CA. Had a really easy and pleasant experience there (and mistakenly posted it about it--like the non-critical reading n00b I am--in the Dealer Ad section of the forum).

Love driving it, and really like the interior, though, the looks of radio isn't fabulous, it's sounds way better than the 2002 ford Taurus I traded in, haha. Crazy awesome upgrade for that car to the FR-S, for sure. Didn't want to deal with the Subie dealer markup--and it still took leaving 2 other Toyota dealers whose FR-S' were full of crappy markups before finding a winner at Cabe.

It'll be Hello Kitty-ed out as soon as I can afford it--my apologies in advance. Already has a red Hello Kitty license plate cover on the back, LOL.
HotLeopardMama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to HotLeopardMama For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (06-04-2012)
Old 06-04-2012, 06:28 PM   #1432
DekaMori
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Drives: RWD
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Hi All,

Have been following the forum for awhile...just waiting for my dealer to let me know when I'd be able to take delivery. Seems like a good community here, can't wait to contribute further!
DekaMori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 11:26 PM   #1433
FRS714

Drives: Scion FRS (Raven)
Sup everyone!

I've been trolling around here before the launch but now i got my car and decided to join the club. =)
FRS714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:05 AM   #1434
WolfsFang
Scrape Master

Drives: Goal: Oldest FRS State Side
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Hello! I go by the dame Dylan, got my black FRS on May 31. The car is sponsored by KG Speed Factory in Clifton, NJ and atm we are making a intake and exhaust to be produced for other owners!
WolfsFang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:00 AM   #1435
b1pkkf26

Drives: 2005 civic, FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Just wanted to say hi, super excite today. Going to dealer tonight to pickup my FR-S.

Only drawback is raining whole week, well free car wash I guess lol.

Regards
Rob
b1pkkf26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:14 PM   #1436
Shizuma

Drives: 2015 Dodge Challenger SXT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Hello, my name is Sandra just joined today because the FR-S is one of the two cars i'm currently looking at getting (the other being a Hyundai Veloster Turbo). Still waiting till I can test drive both cars before I decide which I want, plus I wanted to see how I felt driving them with the decrease in performance from my current car which is a 2005 Dodge Magnum RT with lightly modded 5.7L Hemi, the Hemi is a swill though and the 15/23 mpg with current gas prices are why I want to replace it. I've been looking for something in the 25k range that was smaller and lighter to hopefully get near the same performance but with much better mpg and the FR-S definitely seems to fit the bill, plus I've really been wanting a coupe for some time now.
Shizuma is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Shizuma For This Useful Post:
Adam_L (01-17-2017)
Old 06-05-2012, 12:34 PM   #1437
MVJ1975
Automatic Hooligan

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizuma View Post
Hello, my name is Sandra just joined today because the FR-S is one of the two cars i'm currently looking at getting (the other being a Hyundai Veloster Turbo). Still waiting till I can test drive both cars before I decide which I want, plus I wanted to see how I felt driving them with the decrease in performance from my current car which is a 2005 Dodge Magnum RT with lightly modded 5.7L Hemi, the Hemi is a swill though and the 15/23 mpg with current gas prices are why I want to replace it. I've been looking for something in the 25k range that was smaller and lighter to hopefully get near the same performance but with much better mpg and the FR-S definitely seems to fit the bill, plus I've really been wanting a coupe for some time now.
The two really aren't comparable vehicles, no matter how much Hyundai would like you to think they are. One is a RWD sports coupe designed from the ground up as a sports car, taking input from the racing community, and the other is a "performance trim" on an FWD compact. They drive differently, they handle differently, and they both have their own strengths and weaknesses. If you want a sports coupe, then the Veloster is not what you are looking for. If you want a sporty compact, then the Hyundai is your car.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:17 PM   #1438
Shizuma

Drives: 2015 Dodge Challenger SXT
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVJ1975 View Post
The two really aren't comparable vehicles, no matter how much Hyundai would like you to think they are. One is a RWD sports coupe designed from the ground up as a sports car, taking input from the racing community, and the other is a "performance trim" on an FWD compact. They drive differently, they handle differently, and they both have their own strengths and weaknesses. If you want a sports coupe, then the Veloster is not what you are looking for. If you want a sporty compact, then the Hyundai is your car.
Well they both fall into the catagory i'm looking at, around 25-26k sporty car, with both having their respective plus's and minus's, performancy wise they should be closeish though the FR-S will i'm sure have the edge, same HP, the Veloster has 44ft-lbs more torque and it gets it at a low RPM, but the FR-S is about 100 pounds lighter and is also RWD which is my preference, and the Scion will likely handle better, though not 100% sure since it's stock tires are garbage Prius tires, but with good replacement tires i'm sure it will.

Scion's interior options are severely lacking so for around the same money with the Veloster i'd get leather heated seats, 8" GPS, panoramic glass roof with sunroof, etc, the Veloster also has more room inside, especialy cargo room though coming from the Magnum both are lacking there. Also one thing I noticed which personally is a big issue for me is there's no center arm rest in the FR-S, and thus far i've never driven a car without an arm rest that I felt comfortable driving in for any long distance, but I want to wait till I test drive it to see.

So really it's a toss up for me, i'm not specifically looking for a sports coupe or a sporty compact per say, I like both types of cars and the main point i'm looking for is performance + fuel econony which they both fall into. If I were looking for straight out performance with not as much concern for fuel economy i'd be looking at a Camaro, Mustang, or Genesis coupe in that price range, but both do fit what I want, I do really love the all out sports car design of the FR-S and it's handling will be more in line with what i'm currently used to, front engine, RWD with a near perfect 50/50 weight balance, but I love the performance + convience design of the Veloster as well which the convience design is like my current car too, so it's choosing which aspect I'd less want to lose.
Shizuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:39 PM   #1439
ebphoto

Drives: FR-S, NA8, S13
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
hello.. my name is evan.

here are my 86's..

ebphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 03:15 PM   #1440
MattyB4g63

Drives: 2013 Raven FRS
Names Matt from Tucson,AZ been a long time subaru fan had a 2002 wrx and 2011 sti. Now the proud owner of a 2013 Raven FRS.
MattyB4g63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:19 PM   #1441
Calidrifter
@Executive_chicken

Drives: Firestorm FR-S, Audi A3 E-tron
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Garage
Hello all! Thought I would properly introduce myself here.

My name is Sergio and I'm from Woodland Hills, CA. I have been a big Nissan S chassis fan and a fan of the old AE cars as well since I was a mere lad (I'm 30 now). My car history is as follows: 97 240sx, Toyota Tacoma, and hopefully either a BRZ or an FR-S I have also spent various years driving our family cars and trucks. Ranging from trans ams to celicas and even a crown vic. After years of waiting futilely for the rebirth of the S chassis I saw that Toyota was developing a new 86.

I will hopefully be getting it this weekend in asphalt. Decided to go wit AT as my GF will also need to drive the car from time to time and she hasn't learned to drive MT.
Calidrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:33 PM   #1442
SWAMechFRS

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Asphalt 6-Spd
Newbie here. Just ordered my FR-S in Lava Red with 6-spd. Plan on driving it as a commuter car and doing some track events in the DFW area.

A little history on me. I've had several years road racing experience with Porsche Club of America in a 1978 911 SC. I've also run ChumpCar and 24 Hours of LeMons in an 87 Nissan200SX and a BMW E30. I'm a seasoned veteran of Motorsports Ranch Cresson, Eagles Canyon and Texas World Speedway. I've also run Harris Hill, Hallet, Heartland Park, and Road America.

I'm an Aircraft Maintenance Tech for Southwest Airlines and have been there for 12+ years. I do all my own auto work.

Plans for the car are suspension first and foremost but I'm waiting to see which company comes out with the best set up so until then she's gonna be a stocker.

I know how these forums work so fire away haters..

Jeff
SWAMechFRS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
6mt, bot. report?, frs, notreally, turbo