follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List
go_a_way1

Old 05-07-2016, 12:14 AM   #1415
Blue-Sensei

Drives: '14 WRB BRZ LTD Turbo
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
UBW is the alternate, but definitely watch FSN before UBW.

I watch quite a bit of anime, but I've got one main rule. I only watch completed shows.

Do you guys know/keep a list of all the stuff you've watched?
Here's mine: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Blue-Sensei always looking for a new show to watch.
Old 05-12-2016, 09:30 PM   #1416
g33k

Drives: 2009 Nissan Altima, 2015 Scion FR-S
Almost done watching Sword Art Online season 1. I'm liking it more than .hack//sign, sucks hulu doesn't have season 2 dubbed yet. I asked my wife is she would like to watch it with me she declined she doesn't like the whole game world aspect oh well. Now that GoT and Silicon Valley are back on our plans to watch Another have been pushed back.
g33k is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to g33k For This Useful Post:
hypebrz (05-24-2016)
Old 05-13-2016, 09:10 PM   #1417
Blue-Sensei

Drives: '14 WRB BRZ LTD Turbo
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by g33k View Post
Almost done watching Sword Art Online season 1. I'm liking it more than .hack//sign.

If you like SAO, you should also check out Log Horizon and Hai to Gensou no Grimgar.
Old 05-15-2016, 07:08 PM   #1418
Vracer111

Drives: '13 Nissan Frontier (4.0L 6spd 2WD)
Thanked 1,245 Times in 669 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Kind of anime related. Just got back from the Dallas Miku Expo concert....really glad I recently picked up the Shure SE215 in-ear's...hearing not affected whatsoever. Even used them to drive to Dallas and back - finally the perfect way to have good audio in an FR-S with loud exhaust, wear high attenuating IEM's (rated at 36dB reduction) and crank the system up! Sounds really good with SSP on FEEL, just need to drop the gain on the bass down to about -2. Anyways...the concert was great, really want the concert rendition of 'Glass Wall'....simply a phenominal version, will have to get a Blu-ray of it if there is going to be one. Last night after the concert went ahead and ordered ticket for the Houston concert... couldn't help myself and I want to see how the experience changes when it's all assigned seating.

Here's a video compilation someone did of the Dallas concert:

On the way back today there was a Let's Draw Miku Expo event in Houston, so I scheduled my trip in to the event since it's on the way home. Main reason I wanted to attend was for an exclusive sticker that is only at that special event. Here's the sticker and a supporter pin for decorating a still frame that may be used in a video....

And some pictures from the Miku Let's draw event:

The frame I did (I did another before that one but it wasn't as good...messed it up):

A couple other pics from the Let's Draw:

Last edited by Vracer111; 05-15-2016 at 09:34 PM.
Vracer111 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vracer111 For This Useful Post:
soulreapersteve (05-15-2016)
Old 05-15-2016, 11:01 PM   #1419
soulreapersteve
Contract? /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Drives: An orange cone with flappy paddles
Thanked 5,170 Times in 2,703 Posts
Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracer111 View Post
Kind of anime related. Just got back from the Dallas Miku Expo concert....really glad I recently picked up the Shure SE215 in-ear's...hearing not affected whatsoever. Even used them to drive to Dallas and back - finally the perfect way to have good audio in an FR-S with loud exhaust, wear high attenuating IEM's (rated at 36dB reduction) and crank the system up! Sounds really good with SSP on FEEL, just need to drop the gain on the bass down to about -2. Anyways...the concert was great, really want the concert rendition of 'Glass Wall'....simply a phenominal version, will have to get a Blu-ray of it if there is going to be one. Last night after the concert went ahead and ordered ticket for the Houston concert... couldn't help myself and I want to see how the experience changes when it's all assigned seating.

Here's a video compilation someone did of the Dallas concert:

On the way back today there was a Let's Draw Miku Expo event in Houston, so I scheduled my trip in to the event since it's on the way home. Main reason I wanted to attend was for an exclusive sticker that is only at that special event. Here's the sticker and a supporter pin for decorating a still frame that may be used in a video....

And some pictures from the Miku Let's draw event:

The frame I did (I did another before that one but it wasn't as good...messed it up):

A couple other pics from the Let's Draw:

I very much enjoyed the Expo when they were here in Seattle. My god, I don't listen to 'loids anymore, but that was probably the most fun I have had in a very long time. Did you get VIP tickets? Wish there more goodies for the VIPers but oh well, had the best seats in the house!

I picked up the hoodie and Miku t-shirt. So expensive but worth it!

Been listening to the Expo's featured fan song for almost 2 weeks straight now non-stop.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5V1TwewnFk"]ten thousand stars - Miku Expo 2016 - YouTube[/ame]
The Twins make me smile
soulreapersteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 11:40 PM   #1420
Vracer111

Drives: '13 Nissan Frontier (4.0L 6spd 2WD)
Thanked 1,245 Times in 669 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Just general admission for the Dallas concert, VIP was not even an option being sold out before I learned about the concert. Normal reserved ticket for the Houston concert, because it's two days away...Picked up the concert shirt, that was all I wanted.

I just acquired some new headphone gear (another set of headphones and a Meier-Audio Corda JAZZ-ff headphone amp) and listening to the Miku Expo 2016 CD on it is just...WOW...'Miku' track is an absolute Bass Killer...

I'm getting more and more into Vocaloid, but not the mainstream, the heavier and more experimental types like these:

And while I like some of Kikuo...he gets pretty dark in a whole lot of his songs... one of his newest for example:

Real human vocals still blow away vocaloid though...

Last edited by Vracer111; 05-16-2016 at 12:09 AM.
Vracer111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 11:57 PM   #1421
oso_25
OH HEY NOW!!!!

Drives: 2013 Scion Fr-s Asphalt
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-Sensei View Post
If you like SAO, you should also check out Log Horizon and Hai to Gensou no Grimgar.
Accel World is another show you should watch its 10 years after the sao arch
oso_25 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oso_25 For This Useful Post:
hypebrz (05-24-2016), Pointmutation (05-27-2016)
Old 05-24-2016, 05:47 PM   #1422
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Drives: ichi 86 Project
Thanked 19,097 Times in 8,333 Posts
Mentioned: 678 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
While waiting for my flight in Narita airport, found few things that might interest you guys

Let's see if anyone get this.

Sent from my mind
Old 05-24-2016, 10:41 PM   #1423
g33k

Quote:
Originally Posted by oso_25 View Post
Accel World is another show you should watch its 10 years after the sao arch
Sounds sweet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-Sensei View Post
I noticed log horizon is on hulu but only subbed. I prefer dubbed mostly cuz I watch my shows on my tablet with my headphones while I'm doing my husband chores when I get home lol. Going to run by the rest of the animes y'all recommend and give them a shot.

I finished SAO II and damn man someone was cutting onions at the end. The feels were real I would love to be at the forefront of medical technology like that. I definitely need to go back to school to explore other areas of technology.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to g33k For This Useful Post:
soulreapersteve (05-24-2016)
Old 05-25-2016, 12:16 PM   #1424
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Quote:
Almost done watching Sword Art Online season 1. I'm liking it more than .hack//sign, sucks hulu doesn't have season 2 dubbed yet. I asked my wife is she would like to watch it with me she declined she doesn't like the whole game world aspect oh well. Now that GoT and Silicon Valley are back on our plans to watch Another have been pushed back.
Sounds like you like online/game genre anime... while your wife don't. What other genre you or your wife like? We might be able to help you guys find some series that both of you guys can watch.
Old 05-25-2016, 03:47 PM   #1425
g33k

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichitaka05 View Post
Sounds like you like online/game genre anime... while your wife don't. What other genre you or your wife like? We might be able to help you guys find some series that both of you guys can watch.
I just asked her and she likes Death Note, Sailor Moon, Bleach, Inuyasha, Dragonball Z, and Yu Yu Hakusho. Attack on Titan was her first anime that we watched together. She also wanted me to ask if there were any horror anime that could be recommended aside from the ones I had mentioned earlier in the thread.

I added Kirito and Asuna to my pop vinyl collection my first anime ones actually.

Old 05-25-2016, 03:51 PM   #1426
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Quote:
I just asked her and she likes Death Note, Sailor Moon, Bleach, Inuyasha, Dragonball Z, and Yu Yu Hakusho. Attack on Titan was her first anime that we watched together. She also wanted me to ask if there were any horror anime that could be recommended aside from the ones I had mentioned earlier in the thread.

I added Kirito and Asuna to my pop vinyl collection my first anime ones actually.

Sounds like she likes common popular animes. I'm surprised she doesn't like Bleach or Naruto.

Horror anime? Like gory ones? Mystery? I'll look into other post and see what list I can make... but first, gotta go to meeting at work lol

Sent from my mind
Old 05-25-2016, 03:55 PM   #1427
g33k

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichitaka05 View Post
Sounds like she likes common popular animes. I'm surprised she doesn't like Bleach or Naruto.

Horror anime? Like gory ones? Mystery? I'll look into other post and see what list I can make... but first, gotta go to meeting at work lol

Sent from my mind
Yeah mostly the common ones she would learn about them through her friends. I usually found out about my anime by digging online and from a close friend who is always checking out different anime and passes along ones he thinks I would like.

You got a meeting and I'm taking a break from running Ethernet cables lol

Old 05-25-2016, 04:11 PM   #1428
hypebrz
IG: @HypeBRZ

Drives: Series.Hyperblue BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
I'm getting way too addicted to Fate/Stay Night guys. I've already finished UBW, Fate Route, and Fate Zero. I WANT MORE.

Bonus points, girlfriend loves it too!

Tags
anime, ecchi