follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 06-01-2013, 11:34 AM   #43
Rydo

Drives: 2001 Civic EM2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Do what you want to do man, do you what you like as it's your investment.

But tribal is extremely overplayed, and for 'tards.
Rydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 11:35 AM   #44
TRD-X

Drives: Da-Big Banana
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
I personally think a lot of the members here should be ashamed of their disrespectful post here and the moderator should be also for letting a new member to be treated this way.

Really if you don't like someone's mods shut your mouth and don't post act like a damn adult for once in your life.
Barbarian (06-01-2013), cmspooner (06-01-2013), Skyhound (06-01-2013), Steve201brz (09-03-2013), thientai (06-01-2013), whaap (06-01-2013)
Old 06-01-2013, 12:05 PM   #45
FRSTRM
Baby LFA

Drives: Baby LFA
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
goosfraba

FRSTRM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FRSTRM For This Useful Post:
HunterGreene (06-13-2013), shirker (06-01-2013)
Old 06-01-2013, 12:30 PM   #46
Barbarian

Drives: Raven FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I agree with @TRD-X it's his car to do what he wants to it. No need for everyone to try and rip him a new asshole for not being exactly what other people like. It's his car that he has modified to his tastes.
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Barbarian For This Useful Post:
joshuagranger (06-05-2013), kthxbai (06-02-2013), supragoods (06-04-2013), TRD-X (06-01-2013)
Old 06-01-2013, 12:50 PM   #47
Mikem53

Drives: FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarian View Post
I agree with @TRD-X it's his car to do what he wants to it. No need for everyone to try and rip him a new asshole for not being exactly what other people like. It's his car that he has modified to his tastes.
True enough.. If you have nothing nice to say... Then say nothing...
But when you post your creation and ask for feedback in a public arena..
You need to expect and tolerate all of the comments and ridicule you set
Yourself up for..
Mikem53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 12:56 PM   #48
FRSTRM
Baby LFA

Drives: Baby LFA
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
FRSTRM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FRSTRM For This Useful Post:
TRD-X (06-01-2013)
Old 06-01-2013, 01:12 PM   #49
TRD-X

Drives: Da-Big Banana
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Got you..!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRSTRM View Post
Old 06-01-2013, 01:16 PM   #50
rainmonkey

Drives: BRZ - Dark Grey
@joshuagranger

It's a little bright, but overall, i think the idea is neat. What if you reversed the colors? much darker/black base then did the tribal design in a crimson red?
Personally I prefer darker colors as base and using brighter, especially red, as accents. Kinda like the seat stitching.

Ignore the idiots who shit on your work, odds are they can't come up with anything worthwhile anyway.
rainmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 01:18 PM   #51
Vmax911

Drives: WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Different strokes for different folks.

As long as the OP is happy, and I think he is, then

Plus, if all of you wanted a "classy" car you should have gotten a BRZ!
Vmax911 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vmax911 For This Useful Post:
joshuagranger (06-05-2013)
Old 06-01-2013, 01:18 PM   #52
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Drives: ichi 86 Project
Thanked 19,095 Times in 8,333 Posts
Mentioned: 678 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
Alright both of you chill.

& everyone else, if you don't have any positive or constructive criticism to say, move along

@gvan1998

Everyone's entitle to their opinion. yes, I agree... but Having constructive criticism & being disrespectful is totally different thing.

@TRD-X

I should be ashamed that this happened?

I don't know about other mods, but I don't have time to go through & read over 10,000 posts a day to see if it's legit or not. I know, surprised right? We're adults, just report those posts, that'll let mods know about it. Simple as that.
Old 06-01-2013, 01:34 PM   #53
m.box.design

Drives: 2013 Whiteout FRS
Thanked 1,662 Times in 933 Posts
Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
this forum has become bash-city. you have to be the same as everyone else in your mods or else you'll get barraged by a slew of negativity. so with the current formula, faux carbon-fiber everything is instant win, but something that deviates is total fail. reminds me of iphone users.
m.box.design is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to m.box.design For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2013, 01:41 PM   #54
FRiSson

Drives: FR-S MT
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rydo View Post
Do what you want to do man, do you what you like as it's your investment.

But tribal is extremely overplayed, and for 'tards.
What an open-minded thoughtful guy you are for welcoming his freedom of choice, then knocking him down by calling him cliched and by using a nasty word for mentally challenged people. If you want to influence people you have to win their respect.
FRiSson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FRiSson For This Useful Post:
joshuagranger (06-05-2013), whaap (06-01-2013)
Old 06-01-2013, 03:07 PM   #55
FRyeS

Drives: 2013 FR-S Asphalt 6MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
It occurs to me that some of the people giving the OP grief for his taste and version of creativity are the same people that make the SAME EXACT MODS to their cars as everyone else,in accordance with what is in vogue at a given time.

So I ask, what's worse? making "questionable" mods or being an unoriginal sheep and making the same mods as everyone else?

And before you judge, keep in mind that there are a lot of us out there that think ridiculously flared fenders with rivets, big spoilers, slammed suspensions, cockeyed wheels, etc. look just as "bad" as anything the OP did to his car.

All that said, OP (and everyone else) if you're posting pictures of your mods on this forum you're obviously looking for feedback. Unless you just discovered the internet yesterday you've got to expect at least some negativity..
FRyeS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FRyeS For This Useful Post:
joshuagranger (06-05-2013), Opposed (06-01-2013)
Old 06-01-2013, 05:19 PM   #56
Mandy
I came from a motorbike

Drives: Firestorm 2013 FR-S 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRyeS View Post
It occurs to me that some of the people giving the OP grief for his taste and version of creativity are the same people that make the SAME EXACT MODS to their cars as everyone else,in accordance with what is in vogue at a given time.

So I ask, what's worse? making "questionable" mods or being an unoriginal sheep and making the same mods as everyone else?

And before you judge, keep in mind that there are a lot of us out there that think ridiculously flared fenders with rivets, big spoilers, slammed suspensions, cockeyed wheels, etc. look just as "bad" as anything the OP did to his car.

All that said, OP (and everyone else) if you're posting pictures of your mods on this forum you're obviously looking for feedback. Unless you just discovered the internet yesterday you've got to expect at least some negativity..

I agree with the sentiment of "different strokes for different folks", but I'm afraid you're missing the point of why this car is getting trolled.

I'll elaborate:

The disgust here is not from people not liking the mods so much as not liking to quality or care given to the car. If I take a LFA and strip the badges for Scion badges, I'm sure many people would disagree with that, and say that the car is bastardized, and whomever did it an idiot. However, if it was done with attention paid to the car, I see no issue. Take the same scenario, and instead you decide to spray paint on a Scion symbol, and it's just the pure inattentive care of the car that is shameful and disgusting.

I don't care that there's a tribal design on the dash, I don't care that Scion is on the hood, I don't care that there's red cords in the engine bay, or FR-S written there, I don't care that the headlights are blacked out.

What I do care about is the endless shit hanging from the rear view mirror, and most importantly, the incredibly poor execution of what was done to this car.

Were my initial posts going to show this? No, this is internet trolling gold, so why respond with a well thought out essay as to why this car is indeed tasteless, and neglected mere moments from taking it home.

I frequent a Reddit called /r/shitty_car_mods we see stuff like this every day there, here are some prime examples:

Even if I didn't agree with the styling, it's the execution that will either command respect from people, or turn your car into a moving circus.

Then there are troll cars, which I can appreciate, because no shits were ever given:

But this is just a bastardization. You trade in your old car which has seat covers, stickers, and rims. I wouldn't even dare to call those "mods". Even the cheesy cars of the original Fast and Furious films had some sort of coherency to the design, this is just ADHD, spraypaint, and screws. If you wanted to "mod" your car, take a respectable amount of care and time to do it. Yes, anyone can drive there car home and apply sharpie and spray paint liberally, it doesn't mean that it's well done by any stretch.

I forgot the point of this initial rant. I think it was something to the effect of: haters have every right to hate. Once again, we shouldn't encourage turd polishing:
Mandy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mandy For This Useful Post:

Tags
darth maul, garters, looks fine, red everywhere, spraypaint all the things, why the hating