follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Southeast

Southeast AR, AL, GA, FL, KY, LA, MS, NC, SC, TN

User Tag List

Old 01-17-2013, 09:34 AM   #1
DatDudeLoso

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Raven
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Whiteout FR-S in FWB, FL

Just wanted to throw this out there in case anyone near by was trying to get one, and had a long wait. If you're within driving distance, and are willing to come out to Northern FL, Quality Toyota in Fort Walton Beach Fl has a Whiteout FR-S sitting in the dealer lot for almost a week know.
DatDudeLoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:29 AM   #2
jadewbj

Drives: 2013 Whiteout Scion FRS
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Manual or auto. You can get an auto all day around central Florida. Manuals still have a wait.
jadewbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:50 PM   #3
DatDudeLoso

No idea. I just pass it everyday going home from work.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:38 PM   #4
kthxbai

Drives: '13 Whiteout FR-S M/T
Garage
Did an inventory search on http://www.qualityscion.com/New-Inventory.aspx and it showed the dealership has 2 Whiteout M/T that are available "immediately" so the one @DatDudeLoso maybe one of the M/Ts perhaps?
Old 01-17-2013, 10:48 PM   #5
DatDudeLoso

They def dont have a 2. Only one WhiteOut. BUT i did see that they have a new Raven parked with it today. So in total, they have 3(1WO 2ravens) one of the Ravens is their test car.

Kinda upset, whoever buys that new Raven will make it #3 in the area, and seeing that i was the 1st and only Raven until Linniea bought theirs was is a bummer. can't be mad tho, its a beautiful color on this car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthxbai View Post
Did an inventory search on http://www.qualityscion.com/New-Inventory.aspx and it showed the dealership has 2 Whiteout M/T that are available "immediately" so the one @DatDudeLoso maybe one of the M/Ts perhaps?
The Following User Says Thank You to DatDudeLoso For This Useful Post:
Linniea (01-27-2013)
Old 01-18-2013, 04:31 PM   #6
kthxbai

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatDudeLoso View Post
They def dont have a 2. Only one WhiteOut. BUT i did see that they have a new Raven parked with it today. So in total, they have 3(1WO 2ravens) one of the Ravens is their test car.

Kinda upset, whoever buys that new Raven will make it #3 in the area, and seeing that i was the 1st and only Raven until Linniea bought theirs was is a bummer. can't be mad tho, its a beautiful color on this car.
Sorry about the bad info, was just going by the website with a grain of salt and trying to help another fellow member out.

Raven was my first choice, I had dreams of setting up a black on black look. But my fiance cautioned me against it because of how harsh the sun is in central Florida and how easy the paint/clear coat shows dirt/swirls.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:12 PM   #7
DatDudeLoso

No worries man. I got the Raven because I love black on cars. I must admit that i REALLY like the Whiteout and Ultramarine ALOT. I'll still take the Raven tho. All my cars have been black btw. Never had a problem with paint.

As far as that goes, it's fine with good up keep, regular washes, and waxes every so often. I try not to literally scrub the paint off my car like some ppl do whenever they get a new car. I understand that folks wanna keep their cars clean, but every weekend is over kill IMO.

I'm thinking about swiitching the color later on in life tho. I'm thinking candy red, with gold wheel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthxbai View Post
Sorry about the bad info, was just going by the website with a grain of salt and trying to help another fellow member out.

Raven was my first choice, I had dreams of setting up a black on black look. But my fiance cautioned me against it because of how harsh the sun is in central Florida and how easy the paint/clear coat shows dirt/swirls.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:24 PM   #8
kthxbai

Garage
Quote:
I'm thinking about swiitching the color later on in life tho. I'm thinking candy red, with gold wheel.
I hear ya! I will say, although I didn't get the Raven, that I am happy with my Whiteout because lines on the car are easily seen during the day and night...just so sexy! The candy red and gold wheel setup would look sick!
Old 01-25-2013, 11:56 PM   #9
Kwise1

Drives: Raven FRS
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:

I have the lowered raven with the five axis wheels in ft Walton
Kwise1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:08 AM   #10
akuhei

Drives: Raven M/T FR-S
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
No worries man. I got the Raven because I love black on cars. I must admit that i REALLY like the Whiteout and Ultramarine ALOT. I'll still take the Raven tho. All my cars have been black btw. Never had a problem with paint.

As far as that goes, it's fine with good up keep, regular washes, and waxes every so often. I try not to literally scrub the paint off my car like some ppl do whenever they get a new car. I understand that folks wanna keep their cars clean, but every weekend is over kill IMO.

I dont think a quick wash every weekend is over kill. Doing a full general detail and wax every weekend is a different story. IMO, my raven only really looks awesome when its clean. Otherwise, the seeing the dirt really grinds a nerve for me.

BTW, i dont think i've seen you at any of the area meets we've done (though the last two were Spanish Fort and Pensacola, so they werent exactly close). Any plans to come out to the next one?

Akuhei's Blog
"Inconceivable"
akuhei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:48 PM   #11
DatDudeLoso

Quote:
Originally Posted by akuhei View Post
I dont think a quick wash every weekend is over kill. Doing a full general detail and wax every weekend is a different story. IMO, my raven only really looks awesome when its clean. Otherwise, the seeing the dirt really grinds a nerve for me.

BTW, i dont think i've seen you at any of the area meets we've done (though the last two were Spanish Fort and Pensacola, so they werent exactly close). Any plans to come out to the next one?

The last two meet ups, i had stuff going on. Im always down for a meet, I just can never make em haha. Next time theres a meet I'll def try to make it. I met up with KingTut and Linniea last Saturday for a quick lunch and chat. Aside from that not much contact with my fellow 86ers.

Any word of the next meet??
Old 01-26-2013, 09:37 PM   #12
akuhei

I think I remember you saying you couldnt make it before, now that I have had time to think about it. There isnt any word yet of a meet, just people planning for the mega meet in orlando at this point.

Akuhei's Blog
"Inconceivable"
Old 01-26-2013, 11:20 PM   #13
DatDudeLoso

I wanna go to that Mega meet. But seeing as I may be moving shortly idk if i'll make it out there. Also funds are a major issue(saving for a wedding). I've been working on that with KingTut tho. As time gets closer, i'll know for sure.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:50 PM   #14
akuhei

I've pretty much ruled it out as well. I am going to the NASA HPDE event in new orleans in late february, so I kinda have funds tied up into going there.

Akuhei's Blog
"Inconceivable"