follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

CANADA Canada

User Tag List

Old 12-01-2012, 01:36 PM   #463
Demandred7

Drives: 2018 Camry XSE V6
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slartibartfast View Post
Lenore went into storage Wednesday. I MISS HER ALREADY! But, as much as I love going sideways in the white stuff. I hate overdoing it and hitting a curb. I did that in my MR-2 once. I felt like a schmuck. It's easy to overdo it.

Keep the traction control on everyone. :-)

Have fun too though. I'm jealous!
Well, at least you aren't getting any salt and dirt all over Lenore. Raven would be a pain to keep halfways clean in the winter. The only other option is to bite the bullet and slap some winters on and come out and play with the rest of the kids.
Demandred7 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Demandred7 For This Useful Post:
Slartibartfast (12-02-2012)
Old 12-01-2012, 08:37 PM   #464
Aznek

Drives: 2013 White Scion FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Any one else planning on washing their car tomorrow? There should be some decent weather, minus the rain (no need to rinse at least).
Aznek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:21 PM   #465
djdnz

Drives: 2013 BRZ WRB S/C
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Spotted an Asphalt today parked in uptown waterloo near the clay and glass galery with some snow wheels. It's sad not being able to drive mine
djdnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:43 PM   #466
Demandred7

Saw no less than 3 FR-S today. 2 Raven early to mid afternoon in Cambridge (one on Franklin and another on Conestoga Blvd) and a Whiteout at Mel's Diner a little bit later. Seemed like the warm weather brought everyone out for one last hoorah. Of course I was driving around in our minivan doing Christmas shopping.
I would have preferred my car, but, I didn't mind when we had to take out our sleeping kids when we got home tonight.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:12 AM   #467
thorlius
Canadian

Drives: Frieda: Firestorm/MT (11/28/2012)
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demandred7 View Post
Saw no less than 3 FR-S today. 2 Raven early to mid afternoon in Cambridge (one on Franklin and another on Conestoga Blvd) and a Whiteout at Mel's Diner a little bit later. Seemed like the warm weather brought everyone out for one last hoorah. Of course I was driving around in our minivan doing Christmas shopping.
I would have preferred my car, but, I didn't mind when we had to take out our sleeping kids when we got home tonight.
I haven't seen ONE since I got my car last week.
thorlius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:30 PM   #468
Slartibartfast
Klaatu barada nikto

Drives: Raven FR-S MT
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:

Other than meets, I have seen only two on the road in the 5 months I've had mine.

I vow to do no harm.
2013 Raven FR-S Manual "Lenore"
1985 Silver RX-7 GSL-SE (Gone and missed)
Slartibartfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:04 PM   #469
mountainside
// how hard can it be?

Drives: 10 series frs : 6MT
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Other than meets, I have seen only two on the road in the 5 months I've had mine.
I seriously think they all came out on Friday. Saw 3 (!!) when before I was surprised to see one every month or two.

Don't know if the Raven FRS owner Harbinger and I met at David's is on the boards, but just in case - great to meet another enthusiast!
mountainside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:22 PM   #470
Saibot

Drives: 01 Toyota Corolla / Porsche 911 C2
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
I keep seeing this slammed white BRZ around the university area with a huuge sticker on the bottum side of the windsheild. Who is this?
Saibot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:51 PM   #471
Demandred7

Quote:
Other than work, I have rarely seen any on the road. I am always surprised to see any (which is why I remarked seeing 3). I can go weeks without and have seen the odd one sometimes. Certainly Raven being the most common.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:22 PM   #472
TheronL

Drives: Nothing worth bragging about
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Is anyone looking to have photos of their FRS/BRZ taken? I live up in the Georgetown area, but I'm willing to do a bit of traveling for some great photos.

Those interested can check out my website over here

Feel free to PM/email/call. Contact info is on the site

Would've started my own thread for this, but I can't yet
TheronL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:18 AM   #473
thorlius
Canadian

Garage
Wow, I really need some weight in the back of this thing. I fishtailed everywhere this morning while driving mostly a gear higher than usual to ease acceleration. It didn't seem like anyone else was having much trouble on the road either. At one point I was changing over to the two empty lanes on the expressway, doing about 50, and once I got into the first of the two lanes and started accelerating, my back end kicked right out on me. Had there been someone in the left lane beside me, my rear end would have hit them for sure. I was probably angled nearly 45 degrees towards the right lane. Held the wheel steady and momentum straightened me back out, but damn. Way too early in the morning (pre-coffee) for that much adrenaline...

Anyone else had any winter fun yet?
Old 12-11-2012, 12:56 PM   #474
Demandred7

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorlius View Post
Wow, I really need some weight in the back of this thing. I fishtailed everywhere this morning while driving mostly a gear higher than usual to ease acceleration. It didn't seem like anyone else was having much trouble on the road either. At one point I was changing over to the two empty lanes on the expressway, doing about 50, and once I got into the first of the two lanes and started accelerating, my back end kicked right out on me. Had there been someone in the left lane beside me, my rear end would have hit them for sure. I was probably angled nearly 45 degrees towards the right lane. Held the wheel steady and momentum straightened me back out, but damn. Way too early in the morning (pre-coffee) for that much adrenaline...

Anyone else had any winter fun yet?
Black ice? Where were you? LOL. Happy you handled it correctly (especially pre-coffee) - gradual and deliberate. Sorry for the LOL, but, I could so see myself in your shoes.
Old 12-11-2012, 01:54 PM   #475
zex

Drives: Subaru WRB BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saibot View Post
I keep seeing this slammed white BRZ around the university area with a huuge sticker on the bottum side of the windsheild. Who is this?
Do you mean WRB BRZ?
zex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:26 PM   #476
thorlius
Canadian

Garage
Quote:
Black ice? Where were you? LOL. Happy you handled it correctly (especially pre-coffee) - gradual and deliberate. Sorry for the LOL, but, I could so see myself in your shoes.
It was definitely black ice. No worries on the LOL. It made a good story.

I was just off the Ottawa ramp heading north to Waterloo. Later on as the road split from 4 lanes to the express (aka slow) and collectors two-lane pairs, everyone slowed down there, and ABS was trying to do its thing for a good 100m or so. That was fun too.

Bring on the rest of the winter! :happy0180: