follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 01:53 PM   #99
chulooz
Registered you sir

Drives: 99 impreza coupe
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
To Scion:

As far as FRS competitors in the market, how do you perceive the BRZ premium and limited models? Does Scion want to offer similar features? -Subaru no longer offers only AWD models, will Scion no longer offer only monospec trim models?-
Old 12-05-2012, 01:55 PM   #100
Sigh-on-Rice
Waited 5 years for this

Drives: '18 MX-5 Club
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage
To Scion.

Subaru released TSB (12-140-12) for "Popping Sound from Trunk / Rear Shelf Area". Is Scion working on their version of TSB?
The Following User Says Thank You to Sigh-on-Rice For This Useful Post:
FRSjeff (12-07-2012)
Old 12-05-2012, 02:32 PM   #101
whaap

Drives: '13 FR-S firestorm, 6 mt - '11 CR-V
Thanked 1,387 Times in 657 Posts
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichitaka05 View Post
I think, that's nothing to do w Scion
Yeah, you're right. It's parobably the biggest sore spot I have when it comes to the decisions that were made in developing this car.

Last edited by whaap; 12-06-2012 at 11:48 AM.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:32 PM   #102
86BRZ

Drives: BRZ Limited arrived on 9/1/2012
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
To Both,

Is there any way we can know Tada San tour schedule. I really want to meet him and shake his hand - in person- is my honor to do that. I will drive 8 -10 hours just for that few minutes meet!

Thanks,
Old 12-05-2012, 02:34 PM   #103
Bristecom

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ PP
Garage
Quote:
UPDATE!

I've email Scion rep and they have being kind enough that, they'll take a part of this Q&A! So this became "FT86Club.com Christmas Q&A Gift from Tada-san & Scion USA".

Rules/Guideline still follow, but keep it somewhat respectful. Don't forget, they don't really have to answer any of it. I'm not saying kiss asses, but show FT86Club members are mature and get us like by Scions!

Sadly, "Ask Scion USA" due date got to be shorter than Tada-san. Due date is December 9th (til I hit the bed)... only got 4 days left!!!!!

If you guys can be kind, if you can separate questions by putting "To Scion" or "To Tada-san" before asking questions?

Thanks!
Oh, sweet! I've been meaning to e-mail them anyway. Once again, it's more of a suggestion but a very important one.

To Scion:

Pleeeeeeaaaase offer for model year 2014:

Standard features:
HID/LED headlamps! - manual leveling (looks much better, more brightness, lower energy, longer life)
Heated side mirrors (so we can use them when it's foggy/frosty)
Red stitched leather e-brake/boot (looks and feels so much better)
Trunk liner (looks cleaner, sounds quieter)

Optional features:
Fog lights! (should be coming?)
Integrated GPS navigation/phone/SiriusXM radio! (SD card slot, maintenance calendar, detailed fuel economy info like miles until empty and actual tire pressures would be nice!)
Backup camera
HomeLink mirror
Full underbody aerodynamic panels

Would be nice:
Red stitched leather/Alcantara seats (like BRZ Limited)
Red stitched leather knee pads

I believe this will make it easier to compete against the BRZ Premium, which comes with many more standard features for only marginally more costs, it will help satisfy the Americans who wanted the Toyota 86 styling and luxuries, and will increase the value of this car at around the $25000 price point. Thank you!

BTW, if you need help to test/design a good navigation unit, contact me.
-------------------------------
Oh, and as a separate question:

"Will you be offering the Michelin Primacy HP tires again or are you sticking with the Bridgestone all seasons?"

Thanks Ichitaka! Nothing is cooler than a large company that actually listens and responds to its customers!
Saber_TRD (12-11-2012)
Old 12-05-2012, 02:40 PM   #104
Calidrifter
@Executive_chicken

Drives: Firestorm FR-S, Audi A3 E-tron
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Garage
In regards to the perfect version of this car: keep in mind how long he has worked to perfect the car to his standards. He did mention that he would have liked the car to be lighter and the difference in how that would affect the power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyn View Post
That guy, like me after BBQ Thursdays, is full of shit.
The Following User Says Thank You to Calidrifter For This Useful Post:
Prava (12-05-2012)
Old 12-05-2012, 03:31 PM   #105
vh_supra26
Site Moderator

Drives: Supra
Thanked 2,182 Times in 965 Posts
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Sorry, I know what you mean... just wanted to keep this On-Topic of ZC/ZN.
Awww k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bristecom View Post
I would so love to talk to Tada-san in person.
+1 I would love to ask him him a few questions about the new Supra.

1. Is it going to look like the FT-HS concept? If so, could the design team rework the front end. (The front like the FT-86 or FT-86 II concept would look great on FT-HS).
2. Will the new flagship sports car even wear the Supra nameplate?
3. Is it going to underpin the new Lexus IS/RC-coupe?
4. Will there be two trim levels? Like base V6 model and a high performance model and will it share drivetrains with next gen IS-F (V6TT or NA V8)?
5. Any idea on what the price range will look like?
6. When will we see a new or updated concept?
7. When will it go on sale?

Old 12-05-2012, 03:41 PM   #106
draggin_az
Small penis big dreams

Drives: '13 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)
subscribed
Old 12-05-2012, 03:44 PM   #107
strat61caster
-

Drives: '13 FRS - STX
Thanked 9,486 Times in 5,001 Posts
Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Oh, sweet! I've been meaning to e-mail them anyway. Once again, it's more of a suggestion but a very important one.
Dear lord all of those suggestions are awful. They can't put that stuff in and retain the current price point, they aren't competing with Subaru, it's supposed to be a lower trim model. Add them on later if you want but all that junk is stuff I don't want on my car, obviously Toyota agrees.

Although I am curious about the Michelins vs. Bridgestones.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:46 PM   #108
FreshFRS
KCCO From Canada

Drives: Asphalt FRS
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
I may get flamed for this but here goes,

To Tada-san,

I know Valvematic is a great system, why not combine it with this car instead of AVCS? it's not as tuner friendly for sure, but it could increase power while dropping the torque dip completely due it its extreme variability. i know it's pretty simple and doesn't take up too much room and combined with Direct injection it could be a winner.

Sincerely Cole
Old 12-05-2012, 04:18 PM   #109
Bristecom

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by strat61caster View Post
Dear lord all of those suggestions are awful. They can't put that stuff in and retain the current price point, they aren't competing with Subaru, it's supposed to be a lower trim model. Add them on later if you want but all that junk is stuff I don't want on my car, obviously Toyota agrees.

Although I am curious about the Michelins vs. Bridgestones.
Why? If the Subaru BRZ Premium can have HID/LED's, navigation, SiriusXM radio, red stitched leather e-brake, and a trunk liner for only $1200 more, then that means they should be able to include everything but the navigation and satellite radio while retaining the same price or only slightly increasing it. All the other things I mentioned, (fog lights, GPS navigation, XM radio, backup camera, HomeLink, aero panels) I am only asking to be offered as options to add on at the dealer for extra cost.

Besides, why would it matter to you? You already got your FR-S (apparently ideally as you wanted). You may not want or need any of those things but for me and many others, they are very important to have in a car.
FRSjeff (12-07-2012), Saber_TRD (12-11-2012)
Old 12-05-2012, 04:21 PM   #110
Kunzite

Drives: Toyota Auris
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86BRZ View Post
I really want to meet him and shake his hand - in person- is my honor to do that.
Same here, but he would have to cross the pond and come to Romania
You people are fortunate: both cheap GT 86s and meeting Tada-san in person.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:28 PM   #111
Bristecom

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFRS View Post
I may get flamed for this but here goes,

To Tada-san,

I know Valvematic is a great system, why not combine it with this car instead of AVCS? it's not as tuner friendly for sure, but it could increase power while dropping the torque dip completely due it its extreme variability. i know it's pretty simple and doesn't take up too much room and combined with Direct injection it could be a winner.

Sincerely Cole
Actually, I was thinking about this too. I think this would have done wonders for power and efficiency. The only downside is that it would probably cost a lot more than normal since you'd need 2 units as opposed to just one for an inline 4, and it would possibly lower reliability. I kind of wonder also if it makes the throttle response a little less predictable...

But yes, I would like to hear if Valvematic was considered and if so why it was rejected.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:44 PM   #112
FreshFRS
KCCO From Canada

Drives: Asphalt FRS
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Actually, I was thinking about this too. I think this would have done wonders for power and efficiency. The only downside is that it would probably cost a lot more than normal since you'd need 2 units as opposed to just one for an inline 4, and it would possibly lower reliability. I kind of wonder also if it makes the throttle response a little less predictable...

But yes, I would like to hear if Valvematic was considered and if so why it was rejected.
i think it would definitely add to the MSRP. but the reliability shouldn't be an issue its a very simple design, throttle response shouldn't be much different. my guess would be 230crank 170lb/ft (at 7400rpm redline) with valvematic, the ECU could be tuned (from the factory) to run as much timing as possible without knock. with 8500rpm who knows what kind of power it could make.

Closed Thread