follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 09-06-2012, 05:53 PM   #43
Cade01

Drives: '13 White FR-S, 09 Triumph St.3 R
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Leaving doors unlocked doesn't always mean the glass is safe. I had the drivers side window smashed and just a sun stolen, but all the doors on the car I had at the time were unlocked :/ Some people won't take the time to check, they assume it well be locked. The window cost me more to replace than the sub.
Cade01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 05:55 PM   #44
Tanuki
Turtle Factory

Drives: Mint M3
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cade01 View Post
Leaving doors unlocked doesn't always mean the glass is safe. I had the drivers side window smashed and the stereo stolen, but all the doors on the car I had at the time were unlocked :/

Well As far as I know, I have never had my car broken into or anything stolen, but because I leave the car how I do, there could have been soup kitchens and all other sorts of chaos going on inside my car that I will never know about.
Tanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 06:08 PM   #45
Mitch
form follows function

Drives: RIP '13 BRZ
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina_Marie View Post
exactly! the Scion binder they give you at time of purchase takes up the whole glove compartment anyway, lol.

And just the heads up, god forbid anyone else has this problem, the windows are taking quite some time to come in as the vehicle obviously being brand new, they only have 7 windows (driver-side) country-wide being distributed right now. and now the waiting (yet again ...) begins !
I feel your pain. I'm #8 on the list. http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15182
And don't worry about the control for the passenger side not working. Mine is doing the exact same thing.
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:00 PM   #46
Christina_Marie

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FRS AT
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
I feel your pain. I'm #8 on the list. http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15182
And don't worry about the control for the passenger side not working. Mine is doing the exact same thing.
Looks like we are in the same exact situation, ugh. Sorry to hear !! This waiting game is awful. As if waiting for the car to arrive wasn't bad enough ..

And alright, I thought maybe I had water damage and that's why my controls weren't working. Hopefully all will be well for both of us when they finally get fixed.
Christina_Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:09 PM   #47
Splat

Drives: FR-S ultramarine
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by _F-R-S_ View Post
probly this guy! <iframe width="420" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Was this from police ? or given to police ? Either way, the real problem is all people around not doing anything about it.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:36 PM   #48
xAgentzero13
Banned

Drives: genesis coupe
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanuki View Post
This is why I leave my car unlocked and never leave anything of value in the car. I would rather you go through my car, find nothing and leave, than smash my windows then find nothing and leave.

Oh and who cares if the car is stolen, that is why you have full coverage insurance.
That would be true if they never find the car. But this being a sports car they will drift it, race it, and damage it but probably not total it. Some companies won't give you an entire new car just your original one with repairs! Idk about you but i don't want a car with a burnt clutch, tires and the tranny is probably destroyed. Thieves that break into cars are nothing more then cowards! Their the french of criminals!:happy0180:
xAgentzero13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:54 PM   #49
jmaryt
Banned

Drives: 2012 honda civic ex
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillip View Post
Thanks for the insightful comments, forums poster jmaryt!

it's the truth! why hide it! get it out!

As far as the vandalism stuff goes, I really don't think people are targeting your cars specifically. I had my Legacy broken into for about a couple dollars in change in my armrest. The people that do this don't care about what car they're breaking into, just what's inside.
this is correct! they want to "rummage" around inside for "anything" valuable regardless of make or model!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanuki View Post
I just park mine in this bullet proof bubble wherever I go.

love this! puts your mind at ease! ehe! he! he!
jmaryt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jmaryt For This Useful Post:
Splat (09-06-2012), Tanuki (09-06-2012), Wes (09-23-2012)
Old 09-06-2012, 09:21 PM   #50
_F-R-S_
Banned

Drives: 13 whiteout scion frs
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Was this from police ? or given to police ? Either way, the real problem is all people around not doing anything about it.
Was on crackheeads gone wild
_F-R-S_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 02:29 PM   #51
Ericbdrummin

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I had my car egged at a friends house and had to have the car repainted, eggs can seriously crack your paint. 1000.00 deductible and I had not even made my first payment.
Now I'm waiting for Scion to call me so I can take it into the shop because the Idle prob is ridiculous. CEL is on as well as the trac light and the cruise control light.
Starting to wonder if this engine is a POS. Less than 3000 mi on it.
Ericbdrummin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 02:42 PM   #52
Christina_Marie

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FRS AT
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eri***rummin View Post
I had my car egged at a friends house and had to have the car repainted, eggs can seriously crack your paint. 1000.00 deductible and I had not even made my first payment.
Now I'm waiting for Scion to call me so I can take it into the shop because the Idle prob is ridiculous. CEL is on as well as the trac light and the cruise control light.
Starting to wonder if this engine is a POS. Less than 3000 mi on it.
I hear that thankfully they didnt damage the body of my car because my comp deductible is also $1000. I'm sorry to hear man

I also had the CEL problem in the first week of owning my car as well. First week it was at the dealership for 3 days because of that, and now I have to wait till the end of the month/if not longer for a new window.
Christina_Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 02:50 PM   #53
Dan86

Drives: Red Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Yeah. I posted pictures of my FR-S completely covered in egg. =[
Dan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:01 PM   #54
ST185RC

Drives: White Out FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
My brother's Integra was broken into years ago and the only thing that was missing was a pack of gum....... There's really nothing a thief won't steal even if your car is stripped to the bone, even then the thieves will still take the bones.
ST185RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 05:09 PM   #55
Spd229

Drives: Ultramarine FR-S AT
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
welp, came back to find marks on my front fender indicating it had been kicked today. Kid's that were skateboarding back and forth right in front of it vehemently denied it.

so with no other evidence, I simply had to let it be. Think I'll be investing in one of those cameras now.
Old 09-23-2012, 05:35 PM   #56
Bristecom

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ PP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage
If only cops would spend more time watching parking lots instead of sitting on the side of the road with radar detectors... We even saw a guy breaking into some cars at the mall parking lot and my dad called in and gave them all the information but the retarded lady relayed the information incorrectly so he got away.

Anyway, I never leave anything valuable in my car or in sight. But yes, a glove compartment lock like my current Eclipse has, would give me more peace of mind if I did need to leave something.