follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 06-27-2012, 08:51 PM   #29
BMWDavid

Drives: '89 911, '06 GTI, '13 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I placed a pre-order on March 1st as did a lot of folks here. I was #1 of 1 at this dealer. Put a refundable $500 down @ MSRP with a $100 doc fee.

Car arrived late in the day June 13th. They called me that evening and I made plans to look at the car early the next day. I live 70 miles from dealer so I did not run right over that evening.

Got there early June 14th and there it was in its glory...my WRB Limited 6MT. I took a quick drive (dealer was fully agreeable) to be sure I fit and really liked the car.

Half hour later I made the decision to buy the car. Had to finalize loan with my bank so went home and went back Friday the 15th to pick up the car. Whew! Two round trips, 280 miles just to look at car and then go back to pick up.

So all in all 10 weeks from order to delivery. Dealer was top notch and played no games.
2013 Subaru BRZ WRB Limited 6MT-gone but not forgotten
2014 Nissan Murano SV
BMWDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:13 PM   #30
Gaen

Drives: the speed limit
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWDavid View Post
I placed a pre-order on March 1st as did a lot of folks here. I was #1 of 1 at this dealer. Put a refundable $500 down @ MSRP with a $100 doc fee.

Car arrived late in the day June 13th. They called me that evening and I made plans to look at the car early the next day. I live 70 miles from dealer so I did not run right over that evening.

Got there early June 14th and there it was in its glory...my WRB Limited 6MT. I took a quick drive (dealer was fully agreeable) to be sure I fit and really liked the car.

Half hour later I made the decision to buy the car. Had to finalize loan with my bank so went home and went back Friday the 15th to pick up the car. Whew! Two round trips, 280 miles just to look at car and then go back to pick up.

So all in all 10 weeks from order to delivery. Dealer was top notch and played no games.
was this a brz already in there allocation? or a random order? also was there any add ons on the car?

i ordered on the 25th of march and was picking up brz that i think someone bailed out on, but ended up changing my mind since i didnt want the extras (chrome fuel door, 1b package, etc). so they ordered me one without any extras on march 28th and was told 8-10 weeks for it to arrive. i emailed the guy last week if he had a vin or eta but told me he had no vin or eta. so im hoping for that 8-10 weeks to come out true. if not well atleast i guess to bank more money i suppose.
Gaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:17 PM   #31
viper_driver

Drives: 2013 BRZ ordered!
Ordered first week in april. #3/12 at my dealer. They havent even gotten car #2 yet. I wish I had stayed with the FR-S I pre-ordered last december. This is going to take forever.
viper_driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:16 PM   #32
Zadkiel

Drives: CBS BRZ Limited 6MT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper_driver View Post
Ordered first week in april. #3/12 at my dealer. They havent even gotten car #2 yet. I wish I had stayed with the FR-S I pre-ordered last december. This is going to take forever.

Hey, the way they build them you may get yours before him.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:55 PM   #33
Blackforge

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited - CBS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackforge View Post
Ordered 4/2, #1 order, and haven't heard anything. May call SOA later to check. Dealer has a Premium (Satin White Pearl) and Limited (Sterling Silver) both in Automatic in transit according to the inventory on the website....

So much for their "You'll be the first to get yours!" :p
Called dealership to nag yesterday, since they didn't call me back last week. Told me they'd prod Subaru for more info. Dealer called me today saying I was "in production" and gave me an ETA of July.

Side note: Dealer said those 2 AT that came in sold within 3 hours.

Last edited by Blackforge; 06-27-2012 at 11:05 PM.
Blackforge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:59 AM   #34
Maps316

Drives: Nissan Altima
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackforge View Post
Called dealership to nag yesterday, since they didn't call me back last week. Told me they'd prod Subaru for more info. Dealer called me today saying I was "in production" and gave me an ETA of July.
Got the exact same response from my dealer, only difference was he said my car is in the next 50 to be produced, which made some what hopeful but its already been 2 weeks since than so Im not to enthusiastic at the moment
Old 06-28-2012, 05:13 AM   #35
BMWDavid

Drives: '89 911, '06 GTI, '13 BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaen View Post
was this a brz already in there allocation? or a random order? also was there any add ons on the car?

I ordered on the 25th of march and was picking up brz that i think someone bailed out on, but ended up changing my mind since i didnt want the extras (chrome fuel door, 1b package, etc). so they ordered me one without any extras on march 28th and was told 8-10 weeks for it to arrive. i emailed the guy last week if he had a vin or eta but told me he had no vin or eta. so im hoping for that 8-10 weeks to come out true. if not well atleast i guess to bank more money i suppose.
Car was a pre-order (to my specs) and I was told by dealer that the area Subaru rep had indicated it was their one and only car until November. Also at the time the rep had said all of Indiana and Kentucky only had 35 cars allocated until late this year.

Since I've picked up my car the dealer has kept in touch with me and now has two more orders for BRZ's and has no idea of when these two are due in.
2013 Subaru BRZ WRB Limited 6MT-gone but not forgotten
2014 Nissan Murano SV
BMWDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:15 AM   #36
YankBoffin

Drives: BRZ, WR Blue, Premium Trim
Order in April. Got a call from my dealer this week telling me that while my car still doesn't have an ETA, another car of nearly identical specification (same trim, trans, color, but with one option I didn't order) is coming in late July and I have the option to buy that one instead. I feel pretty fortunate, especially after reading this thread. I am next on the list at my dealer anyway.
YankBoffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:49 AM   #37
DantKR

Drives: Subaru BRZ LT
After reading this thread I'm REALLY glad I didn't pre-order and I'm happy I lucked out.
DantKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:27 AM   #38
ITaxGuru

Drives: BMW 325xi, GBS BRZ 6MT Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elgancho View Post
Has anyone who order a BRZ in April already received your car or an ETA?
I ordered on 4/18, and despite a projected ETA of end of Aug given to me in June, at the end of July I pushed SOA for a delivery month and got "trending to Sept ... or later". I found and bought a BRZ limited in a nearby state and cancelled my order. I'm convinced the ordering process was only pushed by Subaru so they wouldn't overbuild and not because they wanted to service customer requests.

A manufacturing company is not that inept at scheduling, and have to plan ahead, or else they'd go out of business. So repeated comments of "we don't know when we'll build a batch of [insert color & model]" is just BS.

Last edited by ITaxGuru; 08-04-2012 at 08:20 AM.
ITaxGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:13 AM   #39
sysfailur
scoob addict

Drives: 08 AW STi, 13 LR BRZ
Send a message via AIM to sysfailur
4/3 order date in Allentown, PA and she is arriving 8/20! 19 days to go gents! At first they said August and then it was updated to 8/20. 3rd @ dealership for pre-order.

That's a wopping 139 day wait. Wow.

EDIT: Btw talking to the salesman at the dealership he said he had heard information that because Toyota is mostly in charge of this operation they are getting priority, thus the slow batches of BRZ's. Truth/BS? I don't know but it seems plausible b/c you can easily find an FR-S or pre-order one w/o a massive wait.
Old 08-01-2012, 02:47 PM   #40
phillig

Drives: 13 Genesis Coupe GT/05 Porsche 997
I gave up on the wait three weeks ago and bought a 2013 Genesis Coupe GT 3.8. Its a great car that has really impressed me so far even though it was 2K more than the Limited BRZ I had on order.
phillig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 02:35 AM   #41
Maps316

Drives: Nissan Altima
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sysfailur View Post
4/3 order date in Allentown, PA and she is arriving 8/20! 19 days to go gents! At first they said August and then it was updated to 8/20. 3rd @ dealership for pre-order.

That's a wopping 139 day wait. Wow.

EDIT: Btw talking to the salesman at the dealership he said he had heard information that because Toyota is mostly in charge of this operation they are getting priority, thus the slow batches of BRZ's. Truth/BS? I don't know but it seems plausible b/c you can easily find an FR-S or pre-order one w/o a massive wait.
Id call BS on that cause I dont think Toyota has control of manufacturing for Subaru. The only reason for the long wait is from the large portion of the factories being dedicated toward making the new Subaru Outbacks I believe. I wish they would put more focus on the preorders rather than mass producing the generation of cars that dont have buyers lined up yet
Old 08-03-2012, 11:12 AM   #42
Eyesacky

Drives: DGM BRZ Limited "Freyja" +2 Miatas
Not true -- the Outback is made in Subaru Indiana Automotive's plant. The BRZ/FR-S is made at the Japanese Gunma plant. The ratio of Scions to BRZs being made could have an effect on our wait time. I think that's plausible.
Eyesacky is offline   Reply With Quote