follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 07-28-2012, 05:32 AM   #715
Zadkiel

Drives: CBS BRZ Limited 6MT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallace03 View Post
i say force, because the last time i emailed them i did get the polite brush off. got something along the lines of "contact your dealer, they can provide you the info" seeing as how my dealer cant, and i know SOA can but just doesnt want to , depending on who i talk to, maybe telling them my dealer is no help will get them to do it.
Yeah, that was the line I had gotten from the first SOA rep I talked to, some female representative. Jen or Jessica or something. Then I got the infamous John J Mergen who likes to give out random estimates.
Old 07-28-2012, 10:37 AM   #716
Elgancho

Drives: SWP BRZ Limited MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zadkiel View Post
Lol, isn't November still around the "end of the year"? It sure as hell isn't the beginning or middle....

12/31 is the end of the year. the fuck calendar do you use?
Elgancho is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elgancho For This Useful Post:
ngabdala (07-28-2012), Pake1 (07-28-2012)
Old 07-28-2012, 01:38 PM   #717
eblamble3

Drives: WRB BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maps316 View Post
Dealer called and said my car is projected to come in September :/ Well that sucks..
Yea same here...ordered 4/05 and order 2 out of 4...can't wait any longer...
eblamble3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 02:12 PM   #718
Blackforge

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited - CBS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Mine arrived at the dealers this morning, but can't pick it up until Monday since the service dept is closed . Noooooo!

They're letting people sit in it and such... No test drives though.
Blackforge is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blackforge For This Useful Post:
ngabdala (07-28-2012)
Old 07-28-2012, 02:21 PM   #719
ngabdala
Vortech Supercharged

Drives: WRB BRZ 6MT LTD
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Enjoy! Did yours come off the boat recently and trucked to the dealership or did they grab it from another dealership?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackforge View Post
Mine arrived at the dealers this morning, but can't pick it up until Monday since the service dept is closed . Noooooo!

ngabdala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 02:35 PM   #720
Blackforge

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngabdala View Post
Enjoy! Did yours come off the boat recently and trucked to the dealership or did they grab it from another dealership?
Came off the boat and truck arrived to drop it off today. People have tried to make offers on it and about 20+ have looked at it according to my sales guy.

Nice thing about my dealer is that they give 2 years of complimentary service (tire rotation/balance, oil changes, etc).

Last edited by Blackforge; 07-28-2012 at 03:08 PM.
Old 07-28-2012, 03:22 PM   #721
Zadkiel

Drives: CBS BRZ Limited 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elgancho View Post
12/31 is the end of the year. the fuck calendar do you use?
Yes, 12/31 is the LITERAL end of the year. When talking in generalities like this instance, "End of the Year" can cover a period of 2-3 months. In this case it could be November or December. When people talk about the "Beginning of the Year" they aren't just talking about January 1st are they?
Old 07-28-2012, 05:08 PM   #722
Maps316

Drives: Nissan Altima
Garage
Quote:

I dont know about you but I wouldnt want anyone sitting in my car cause you never know who may sit in it might scratch something up or whatever. Than again that just me
Old 07-28-2012, 06:19 PM   #723
Blackforge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maps316 View Post
I dont know about you but I wouldnt want anyone sitting in my car cause you never know who may sit in it might scratch something up or whatever. Than again that just me
When they were in it, it was still wrapped in plastic and all of that, so even though it irked me it wasn't as bad. I made sure they put a stop to it though. They're supposed to be moving it to the back now that everything's signed.

Last edited by Blackforge; 07-28-2012 at 07:17 PM.
Old 07-29-2012, 06:53 PM   #724
Maps316

Garage
Quote:
When they were in it, it was still wrapped in plastic and all of that, so even though it irked me it wasn't as bad. I made sure they put a stop to it though. They're supposed to be moving it to the back now that everything's signed.

Good cause or else it would suck to have it messed up before getting it off the lot
Old 07-30-2012, 08:38 PM   #725
ITaxGuru

Drives: BMW 325xi, GBS BRZ 6MT Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by eblamble3 View Post
Yea same here...ordered 4/05 and order 2 out of 4...can't wait any longer...
I had ordered mid-April and was originally told end of August by SOA. When I had a buyer for my existing car the 3rd week of July, I pressed SOA for a date as my buyer would have waited until the end of August so I could get the trade-in worked thru the dealer and we'd split the sales tax savings. However, their only response was "trending to Sept or later". Luckily, I was able to locate a GBS MT Limited thru my son in Moorhead MN, claimed it and canceled my DGM order. As far as I'm concerned, SOA is clueless with regard to customer service. As to the car, however, it's as fantastic as everyone has ever said!
ITaxGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:38 PM   #726
eblamble3

Drives: WRB BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITaxGuru View Post
I had ordered mid-April and was originally told end of August by SOA. When I had a buyer for my existing car the 3rd week of July, I pressed SOA for a date as my buyer would have waited until the end of August so I could get the trade-in worked thru the dealer and we'd split the sales tax savings. However, their only response was "trending to Sept or later". Luckily, I was able to locate a GBS MT Limited thru my son in Moorhead MN, claimed it and canceled my DGM order. As far as I'm concerned, SOA is clueless with regard to customer service. As to the car, however, it's as fantastic as everyone has ever said!
Yea the dealer I ordered from got a random dgm a/t before any of the 4 preorders...pretty useless ordering system. At least I did get to drive it...and it was awesome.
Attached Images

eblamble3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:04 PM   #727
minionman24

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited (waitlist)
I ordered on 4/21 "#1" at my dealer and about 3 weeks ago SOA told me they expect it in October. My dealer was originally only alotted 2... but they received 2 random cars from Subaru already ahead of mine.

I've been actively and eagerly searching to find an alternate but considering my order choice - Red Limited AT - there just aren't many to be had. And the salesman I ordered from is an idiot... half the time he calls (when he does) he doesn't even remember what configuration I ordered. The BRZ may be a fantastic car, but I will never again buy a Subaru after the nonsense that this ordering process has been.
minionman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 02:40 AM   #728
Maps316

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by minionman24 View Post
I ordered on 4/21 "#1" at my dealer and about 3 weeks ago SOA told me they expect it in October. My dealer was originally only alotted 2... but they received 2 random cars from Subaru already ahead of mine.

I've been actively and eagerly searching to find an alternate but considering my order choice - Red Limited AT - there just aren't many to be had. And the salesman I ordered from is an idiot... half the time he calls (when he does) he doesn't even remember what configuration I ordered. The BRZ may be a fantastic car, but I will never again buy a Subaru after the nonsense that this ordering process has been.
I got to agree with you, the order system has been just terrible, the random allotment of cars is probably worst part of this experience cause how many times have you heard that someone found a car with their exact ordered specs sent to another state. This whole system has been just a complete unorganized and frustrating pain in the butt