follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

CANADA Canada

User Tag List

Old 07-15-2012, 02:16 PM   #15
DarthNads

Drives: 2003 Mazda Protege 5 limited
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanta View Post
I agree that owner have responsible.

BUT accident is an accident, I am wondering

IF THAT IS A CHILDREN, WHAT WILL THE POLICE SAY.
MUST BE "IT IS THE PARENT PROBLEM; WE NEED A RESPONSIBLE PARENT AND DRIVER IS FINE."

I always keep in mind, accident is accident. If it is not a dog, it is a Moose. If anyone hit a Moose on track, I am just wonder poor Moose or poor car or a poor driver.
Please give a moment and think about it.
Any car can be fix and replace, not a life.

I love driving.
The moose will be fine, its the driver that you need to be worried about. The car would be destroyed/written off.
DarthNads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 03:27 PM   #16
Rossman

Drives: '22 BRZ, '17 BRZ (prev '13 FR-S)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanta View Post
I agree that owner have responsible.

BUT accident is an accident, I am wondering

IF THAT IS A CHILDREN, WHAT WILL THE POLICE SAY.
MUST BE "IT IS THE PARENT PROBLEM; WE NEED A RESPONSIBLE PARENT AND DRIVER IS FINE."

I always keep in mind, accident is accident. If it is not a dog, it is a Moose. If anyone hit a Moose on track, I am just wonder poor Moose or poor car or a poor driver.
Please give a moment and think about it.
Any car can be fix and replace, not a life.

I love driving.

I understand, I love my pets too! (and driving!)

But, if a pedestrian runs out in front of a car and the driver cannot help but hit them (a real accident), often the driver will not be charged. Drivers are not always at fault...sometimes it is just an accident...

What I am saying is that the above accident was entirely preventable if the pet owner had exercised some responsibility. I just don't like it when people let people off the hook for this, it is more the dog owners fault than the drivers! And it would be the parents fault if they let their 2 yr old toddler somehow get out into traffic and get hit!

You are 100% right, the car we can fix! If life is so important then we should be holding these pet owners/parents to a HIGHER STANDARD!!

Just my 2 cents
Rossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 03:45 PM   #17
nemele

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS (Firestorm)
Yeah, my family has a lab, so it sucks =(

The person dogsitting, as the owners weren't home at the moment, let the dog out into backyard, and forgot the door leading out into the road, was open.

The dog ran out onto the road right in front of my car =(

The car is fine, and will be fixed, just slightly traumatizing, one for being a first accident, two for the fact that I killed a dog.

What actually bothers me, is the fact that he police told me after speaking to the person watching over the dog, is that this has happened here before.

Its just a long stretch of road with one or two farms on the side and lots of grass, so at night its a bit hard to see when the dog runs out.
nemele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 03:48 PM   #18
Enemies

Drives: '13 SWP Sport-Tech (Limited)
Everybody has good points. I've sometimes driven a little spirited with my BRZ and hitting a kid is my worst nightmare as I'm sure it's most of yours too.

It's just good to keep in mind that anything can happen at any time. I guess we all can just be grateful that it was a dog and not a human. I unfortunately have a puppy who likes to break free and sees running out of the front door (instead of into the fenced side yard) as a game. Luckily I live in a school zone on a slow traffic street so (most) people drive at a speed where they could stop in time.

Long live everybody's dogs and everybody's FR-S' / BRZ's.
Attached Images

Enemies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 04:03 PM   #19
genometuning

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
so.. just wondering.. did you ask for compensation.. x.o
genometuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 04:04 PM   #20
DaJo
FT86Club Vancouver

Drives: BRZ Sport-Tech; Drove: MR-S, AE86
Thanked 1,178 Times in 633 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Since we're already on this topic; this morning my brother almost hit and killed/seriously injure a dog who was not leashed by its owner. Thank god he stopped in time.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ifd62EdYOio&feature=plcp"]CID: The dog that almost died today - YouTube[/ame]

2013 BRZ Sport-Tech 6AT
Since '12 (OEM+ STI tS Build)
2015 Lexus IS250 AWD F-Sport 2 2015-2018
2018 Lexus NX300 F-Sport 3 Since '18
DaJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 04:13 PM   #21
Enemies

Drives: '13 SWP Sport-Tech (Limited)
Yeah, that video you posted is the type of situation that can cause a rear-ender if everybody's not paying attention.

This spring some guy here was texting in his SUV... Rear-ended a motorcyclist... Smashed into him at a red light. Guess he didn't realize the light turned red so he sandwiched the motorcyclist (and his wife who was on the back of the bike) into the back of a big truck. The wife made it. The husband (driver) didn't. Imagine having to live with that the rest of your life. Especially in an age now where technology allows us to talk hands-free. Hope that guy has living nightmares the rest of his life.
Enemies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 04:17 PM   #22
Rossman

Drives: '22 BRZ, '17 BRZ (prev '13 FR-S)
I hit a young squirrel once, same shit, the little guy dashed out in front of me. I felt terrible
Rossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 05:20 PM   #23
GFo12ce

Drives: '10 Nismo 370Z
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I'm sure there is a leash law in your city regarding whether the owner should have had the dog on the leash. I understand it's unfortunate the dog died but he's probably resposible for the damage if he didn't have the it on a leash. No reason you should have to take resposibilty and get your in$urance raised or have to pay for the repair if that's the case.
GFo12ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 05:32 PM   #24
Heero

Drives: 2-door
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemele View Post
Yeah, my family has a lab, so it sucks =(

The person dogsitting, as the owners weren't home at the moment, let the dog out into backyard, and forgot the door leading out into the road, was open.

The dog ran out onto the road right in front of my car =(

The car is fine, and will be fixed, just slightly traumatizing, one for being a first accident, two for the fact that I killed a dog.

What actually bothers me, is the fact that he police told me after speaking to the person watching over the dog, is that this has happened here before.

Its just a long stretch of road with one or two farms on the side and lots of grass, so at night its a bit hard to see when the dog runs out.
?!?!?!?!

If the cops don't fine or lay charges to this mother fucker for getting more then 1 dog killed like this....
Heero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 07:00 PM   #25
fanta

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enemies View Post
Everybody has good points. I've sometimes driven a little spirited with my BRZ and hitting a kid is my worst nightmare as I'm sure it's most of yours too.

It's just good to keep in mind that anything can happen at any time. I guess we all can just be grateful that it was a dog and not a human. I unfortunately have a puppy who likes to break free and sees running out of the front door (instead of into the fenced side yard) as a game. Luckily I live in a school zone on a slow traffic street so (most) people drive at a speed where they could stop in time.

Long live everybody's dogs and everybody's FR-S' / BRZ's.
, I like your comment.

When an accident happen, it is an unpleasant event.
I feel sorry about the car, but it can be fix or replace.
I feel very sad about the dog, because life cannot be replace.
I am total agreed that we are living on a planet with many irresponsible people.
We are human, we are way much smarter than an animal.
There are a lot of squirrels in Canada. I saw cars hit squirrels so many times, some squirrels suffer to die. They spining round and round until they were tied and die. Of course there is no responibility. I still felt something.
I saw too many video on internet about a dog hit by something and the partner will still stay beside it (the die body). Dog have feeling and they do have love.
All I am saying is that we feel sorry about car damage, it can be fix.
We feel sad when we take away a life.
Once you fix your car, your car is still like new, all it is about money.
Enjoy your life.
fanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 07:28 PM   #26
I usually post drunk

Drives: BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossman View Post
I hit a young squirrel once, same shit, the little guy dashed out in front of me. I felt terrible
fuuu, this happened to me, I avoided him with the front tires but he kept running and got caught by the rear.
#87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 01:56 AM   #27
Saibot

Drives: 01 Toyota Corolla / Porsche 911 C2
Garage
i hit a white cat once at like 4 am... was driving down a main street, nearly falling asleep

slammed on the brakes n slowed from 80 to 30 just in time. THUMP. hit the cat; scared the crap out of me.

got out of the car to scout for the body and didnt see it anywhere. I figured that meant the cat was alive and ran away. Im glad that both of us walked away from that with a valuable lesson instead of a tragedy

oh and i happened to be fully awake for the rest of my drive home
Saibot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:31 AM   #28
drei

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Asphalt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saibot View Post
i hit a white cat once at like 4 am... was driving down a main street, nearly falling asleep

slammed on the brakes n slowed from 80 to 30 just in time. THUMP. hit the cat; scared the crap out of me.

got out of the car to scout for the body and didnt see it anywhere. I figured that meant the cat was alive and ran away. Im glad that both of us walked away from that with a valuable lesson instead of a tragedy

oh and i happened to be fully awake for the rest of my drive home
the cat is still under your car, stuck on something
drei is offline   Reply With Quote