follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > Members Classifieds > Cars for Sale/Trade

User Tag List

Old 09-13-2018, 11:11 PM   #1
LlamaRay

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
2013 Subaru BRZ Limited - Los Angeles CA 90005

SOLD

Hello,

I just moved to LA (Koreatown, 90005) at the start of September and have been looking to start driving for Uber/Lyft, but I'm in need of a 4 door car. That means I'll unfortunately need to part ways with this car that I've owned since Feb 2016.

I'm looking to sell it for xxx.

I purchased the car from a Motorworks dealer near Chicago where my family lived at the time. Although it has 91k miles, most of it is highway miles. I drove it 5 hours between Illinois and Wisconsin every week for work for about a year, then drove it from Illinois to Northern California, and then between Davis and Los Angeles just about 6 times in the last 2 months and a few other road trips.

Just had major maintenance service performed and NEW clutch + spark plugs installed at 86k miles.

The car has new tires (GT Ultra from America's Tire) that were just put in at 84,448 miles (~$600). The tires also come with 50k mileage warranty.

There are a few non-OEM and additional parts that can easily be removed or changed back to stock:

Magnaflow exhaust ($729) - nice smooth suble noise, slightly louder than stock but not nearly as loud as Invidia
Convex blue tinted side mirrors ($70) - I can change back to stock
Sharkfin antenna - I can change back to stock
Reverse camera (~$150, Beat Sonic brand) - Not drilled into the car panel as the camera acts as one of the license plate screws
Floorwell lighting - easily removable
Valenti tail lights (~$250) - I also have stock available
Weather Tech Floormats ($110)
Grimmspeed license plate mount ($80) - easily removable, still have stock mount
K&N drop in air filter ($50) - easily removable
Tinted windows ($350)
Replaced both HID bulbs ($80) at end of August

Total of Add-ons: $1,869

Note: The W (Wisconsin) and MW (Motorworks) badges on the trunk are removable.

One thing to note is that a week after I got new tires, I heard knocking noise coming from the engine so I pulled over and had the car towed to the Fairfield Subaru dealership. They found "excessive" metal shavings in the oil pan and did a complete tear down and basically replaced the engine and all as quoted below:

"Performed replacement of engine short block, removed and cleaned both cylinder heads, cam carriers, valve covers, and lower oil pan, replaced engine timing cover with oil pump, upper oil pan, flywheel, clutch with pressure plate and throw out bearing, replaced all seals and gaskets removed during engine short block replacement, replaced engine spark plugs. Installed engine and fill all fluids, checked for proper operation of engine. Vehicle operating as designed."

So all in all, the cost of all this was $5400 (fortunately Subaru offered a Goodwill discount of $2000 as the car had a good service record and no signs of abuse and never raced or tracked), and as far as what the service rep told me, everything that was repaired in the statement above has a 12mo warranty. I have all the service records as well for your interest.

With all that said, the engine, clutch, and tires are new, making this pretty much a new car. Everything runs well and the engine is running stronger than ever. I just took the car back for an oil change at 90k miles after the major engine repairs from 86k miles and the dealership said that everything still looks good.

Also, one last note, as my luck would have it, within 1 week of moving to LA, someone already hit my car in a Walmart parking lot as they backed into the side of my car by the gas cap. It was fixed this last weekend, but just wanted to clarify that this is what the Carmax report is referring to regarding the quarter panel paint even though it has already been addressed.

Feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions or want to see the car in person.

Thanks,
Ray
Attached Images

Last edited by LlamaRay; 10-02-2018 at 08:49 PM.
LlamaRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 06:39 AM   #2
Wisawa

Drives: .
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
PM'd!
Wisawa is offline   Reply With Quote