follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Southwest

Southwest AZ, NM, NV, OK, TX, UT

User Tag List

Old 07-11-2012, 06:25 PM   #239
reyruiz191

Drives: 2013 FRS Vortech Supercharged
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocho-Seis View Post
Well Someone has put together a Cruise leaving from the bucees off of 35 in New Braunfels for July 21st at 10:30 A.M. I'm at work so I can't link you to the facebook page. I may just join in on that.
Yeah saw it posted on Facebook so I'll most likely roll out with them too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme86 View Post
Rey, that does look like fun! I would be in for #14 if it was closer. Thanks, man! Nice vid!
I believe the next one will be here in San Antonio sometime around september so for those who don't wanna go so far for this one will be able to go sometime soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripjammer View Post
That Austin CC#12 video is bad MF ass bro!
Thanks man
reyruiz191 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to reyruiz191 For This Useful Post:
tripjammer (07-12-2012)
Old 07-11-2012, 07:26 PM   #240
Synack
Boosted

Drives: Sideways
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
And you think we are gonna let you take that to Houston without returning something to us in exchange? I demand a SWP BRZ Limited 6MT!!!!!!!

....have a good drive home!
Lol. Maybe I'll come back later this year. I wish you guys had something like Nismo fiesta where a bunch of people run the Twisted Sisters. Did that in my 370Z this year and it was amazing.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus on Jelly Bean
tripjammer (07-12-2012)
Old 07-12-2012, 12:08 PM   #241
tripjammer

Drives: WRB BRZ limited 6MT
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyruiz191 View Post
Yeah saw it posted on Facebook so I'll most likely roll out with them too.

I believe the next one will be here in San Antonio sometime around september so for those who don't wanna go so far for this one will be able to go sometime soon.

Thanks man

I subscribed to your youtube channel bro!
tripjammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 04:01 PM   #242
Extreme86
Live Free, Drive Hard

Drives: 13 BRZ, 19 WRX, 10 GMC, 20 RAV4
Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synack View Post
Lol. Maybe I'll come back later this year. I wish you guys had something like Nismo fiesta where a bunch of people run the Twisted Sisters. Did that in my 370Z this year and it was amazing.
Thought you were referring to my wife's family there (twisted sisters)....no, that looks like a fun drive! What time of year was it when this took place? About how many participants were in the bunch? I think as the #s of Toyobarus increase in our region there will be more interest in organizing such events. What part was amazing? Scenery, roads, etc. Tell us more.
Old 07-12-2012, 04:19 PM   #243
Synack
Boosted

Quote:
Thought you were referring to my wife's family there (twisted sisters)....no, that looks like a fun drive! What time of year was it when this took place? About how many participants were in the bunch? I think as the #s of Toyobarus increase in our region there will be more interest in organizing such events. What part was amazing? Scenery, roads, etc. Tell us more.
Here is a video in my Nismo 370. It was amazing.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKw3Q1s-OCM"]NISMO FIESTA 2012 (Group 4) TWISTED SISTERS - YouTube[/ame]

It was in April and there was like easily 100 cars which made it amazing. But it was 95% Nissans. So if we did one, it wouldn't have to be 100% FR-S/BRZ. The scenery was incredible, the roads were very fun and some challenging to drive. The video should show you a small portion of what went on. We spent like 5 hours driving the Saturday afternoon doing the Sisters. If you want to hear what a GReddy exhaust sounds like on a 370 then LISTEN to this video

There were like 4 or 5 different groups of 10-25 cars each.

If you don't want to watch the beginning of driving from Houston to San Antonio then skip ahead to about 4 mins.
Synack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Synack For This Useful Post:
Extreme86 (07-13-2012)
Old 07-12-2012, 04:27 PM   #244
Synack
Boosted

Mine was the black Nismo on coilovers at the very end.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:35 AM   #245
track_warrior
Track Junkie

Drives: Faster than the Stig!
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Spotted an asphalt FR-S today around blanco and huebner entering the sake cafe plaza. Hmm asphalt makes me rethink my purchase lol it looks sick!
Old 07-13-2012, 11:25 AM   #246
Extreme86
Live Free, Drive Hard

Garage
Quote:
Here is a video in my Nismo 370. It was amazing.

It was in April and there was like easily 100 cars which made it amazing. But it was 95% Nissans. So if we did one, it wouldn't have to be 100% FR-S/BRZ. The scenery was incredible, the roads were very fun and some challenging to drive. The video should show you a small portion of what went on. We spent like 5 hours driving the Saturday afternoon doing the Sisters. If you want to hear what a GReddy exhaust sounds like on a 370 then LISTEN to this video

There were like 4 or 5 different groups of 10-25 cars each.

If you don't want to watch the beginning of driving from Houston to San Antonio then skip ahead to about 4 mins.
Awesome!
I'm in for a FRS/BRZ Twisted Sisters Drive! ...However, if my BRZ is not here by then...I'll be in the 5% category...or, I'll bum a ride with someone and shoot video!!!! Scenery and road twisties look great. Thanks for sharing!

Are you keeping the Nizmo 370?
Old 07-13-2012, 11:42 AM   #247
Synack
Boosted

Quote:
Awesome!
I'm in for a FRS/BRZ Twisted Sisters Drive! ...However, if my BRZ is not here by then...I'll be in the 5% category...or, I'll bum a ride with someone and shoot video!!!! Scenery and road twisties look great. Thanks for sharing!

Are you keeping the Nizmo 370?
Nope the Nismo is already gone and I dearly miss it. Most fun car I've ever owned. Hopefully once I get a turbo on my FR-S then it'll be even more fun. But for now, it's just really good lookin (Five Axis) and slow (in my opinion).
Old 07-13-2012, 02:34 PM   #248
TravBRZ

Drives: 2013 DGM MT BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
BRZ scheduled to arrive in August

I got a call today from North Park Subaru that my car will be in August. I ordered a DGM MT Limited on March 6th and was originally number 7 on list.

I received an email from Gilman saying they have a WR blue MT Premium in that is not spoken for if anyone is interested. Don't know pricing details but I had heard they were marking up but I can't confirm.
TravBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:22 PM   #249
Extreme86
Live Free, Drive Hard

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravBRZ View Post
I got a call today from North Park Subaru that my car will be in August. I ordered a DGM MT Limited on March 6th and was originally number 7 on list.

I received an email from Gilman saying they have a WR blue MT Premium in that is not spoken for if anyone is interested. Don't know pricing details but I had heard they were marking up but I can't confirm.
Congrats, man!!!!!!

I just got a call from my dealer in South Carolina about 2 minutes ago...."delivery sometime in August"! YES!!!!!!

Spoke to Gillman earlier on a WRB Prem MT and they wanted a $3000 market adjustment. Likely same car.
Old 07-13-2012, 04:42 PM   #250
Extreme86
Live Free, Drive Hard

Garage
Quote:
Nope the Nismo is already gone and I dearly miss it. Most fun car I've ever owned. Hopefully once I get a turbo on my FR-S then it'll be even more fun. But for now, it's just really good lookin (Five Axis) and slow (in my opinion).
I know the feeling, I have had cars that I miss like that. How about some pics of that 5 Axis car???? We be waitin'.

Hey, a few engine mods to the 200hp na & it will be OK. Too many ppl are saying they love Toyobarus so it can't all be hype!!! Fun factor will still be there. On paper, elapse time speeds and comparisons to other vehicles are within acceptable standards...barely. Agreed, turbo may be the ultimate answer. Might be better to just trade up to a factory turbo BRZ STI in a couple of years though and just do some intake, exhaust and ECU mods right now. Fitment is an issue from what I understand unless they come out with an electric turbocharger. I'm not willing to give up air conditioning to fit a turbocharger! I'll bet a dollar somebody will be working on it though!!!

Come on August!!!!!
Old 07-13-2012, 04:54 PM   #251
Synack
Boosted

Quote:
I know the feeling, I have had cars that I miss like that. How about some pics of that 5 Axis car???? We be waitin'.

Hey, a few engine mods to the 200hp na & it will be OK. Too many ppl are saying they love Toyobarus so it can't all be hype!!! Fun factor will still be there. On paper, elapse time speeds and comparisons to other vehicles are within acceptable standards...barely. Agreed, turbo may be the ultimate answer. Might be better to just trade up to a factory turbo BRZ STI in a couple of years though and just do some intake, exhaust and ECU mods right now. Fitment is an issue from what I understand unless they come out with an electric turbocharger. I'm not willing to give up air conditioning to fit a turbocharger! I'll bet a dollar somebody will be working on it though!!!

Come on August!!!!!
Don at Accelerated is working on a very well designed and working turbo that keeps everything virtually stock and air conditioning as well. Emissions should be a breeze too.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Synack For This Useful Post:
Extreme86 (07-19-2012), track_warrior (07-13-2012)
Old 07-15-2012, 12:25 PM   #252
tripjammer

Drives: WRB BRZ limited 6MT
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Saw an asphalt FR-S friday on the IH 35 access road in front of the Olive Garden in front of RackSpace.

Saw a Whiteout FR-S on FM78
tripjammer is offline   Reply With Quote