follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 06-27-2012, 06:31 PM   #15
Dave-ROR
Site Moderator

Drives: Stuff
Thanked 5,965 Times in 2,689 Posts
Mentioned: 262 Post(s)
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chee-Hu View Post
Ok I lied. I searched Kings site as well after I posted. You got me
Either way I bet you are correct on the car in question, unless he's talking used pricing maybe.. Even then most people who rock N1s wouldn't do some of those other mods..
Tow: 2022 F-450
Toys: 2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06, 1993 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1994 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
Parts: 2015 Subaru BRZ Limited, 2005 Acura TSX
Projects: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited track car build
FS: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 LT CCSB 8.1/Allison with 99k miles
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 05:37 PM   #16
DieDriving
I aint no snitch

Drives: 330i, C300, "00 lude, "94 Accord
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Good tips guys, if I end up getting this car I'll asked him the stuff you guys mentioned and demand receipts for it or else deal is dead.....so far he hasn't answer back so my guess is he is taking his time mulling for better offer.....anyway I'm the one with $$$$$ here, and it seems he "overstated" some of his parts....I'm not so fond of that....
DieDriving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 06:08 PM   #17
Koji_Online
N7 Spectre

Drives: 2017 Toyota 86 (Ablaze - 6MT)
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieDriving View Post
Good tips guys, if I end up getting this car I'll asked him the stuff you guys mentioned and demand receipts for it or else deal is dead.....so far he hasn't answer back so my guess is he is taking his time mulling for better offer.....anyway I'm the one with $$$$$ here, and it seems he "overstated" some of his parts....I'm not so fond of that....
Coming from an RSX-S with I/RH/E RBC maifold & street tuned Hondata K-Pro, I can say that in my experience I definitely have more fun (straight or corners) with the FR-S; yea I was in that 225whp range & it would kill the FR-S by lengths on a roll, but from a dig you will get beat out by an FR-S on the stock Michelin's; unless you have slicks or LSD on the RSX; Although I had sticky Hankooks on there, the RSX-S is still open diff (you can imagine the loss of traction that ensues when trying launch haha) & it was nothing like the launch & accessibility of the FR-S.
If it's corners you are after, the RSX-S is very light & tossable for real, but again that RWD feeling is unmatched, the control you get is satisfying and it's simply a blast!

Along with 80k miles? It will start to show wear soon; at 130k of moderate care I had things start on me like wheel bearings, torn bushings, timing chain issues, & hydraulic issues.

Another test is to sit in both cars; the FR-S is definitely more comfortable, supportive, & engaging; both of your choices show it's obvious you want to end up in a performance car; the FR-S will give you the best in every area I say =D

Good luck on you decision & yea! like others have said, be mindful of this guy saying what kind of parts he has on there like the (Mugen) suspension & only dropping 6k; I'd advise against this all together, but it is ultimately how you feel about it!

Koji_Online is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Koji_Online For This Useful Post:
bestwheelbase (06-30-2012)
Old 06-30-2012, 12:07 AM   #18
eriktherod

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Firestorm Red MT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
I came from a K20 Si with similar mods making probably the same-if-not-more power. $15k? He's trying to get a lot for all those mods I take it. I had 65K miles on mine and got $13.5k on the trade-in. I know private party is different and maybe he's pushing for the mods, but I feel like the RSX is old news and 80K miles... bah.

That being said, I love the FR-S way more even if it isn't as fast (yet). RWD and the handling... the TURNS! It looks better and acts better, no contest there.