follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 03-07-2016, 05:44 PM   #1
hypebrz
IG: @HypeBRZ

Drives: Series.Hyperblue BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
RBv2 Rep in CF

So I completely fell in love with the Rocket Bunny V2 spoiler, but I want to get in in CF and rocket bunny doesn't make it. I found these two sites with CF replicas but honestly, I'm a horrible judge when it comes to whether or not they're quality.

1) This one seems pretty nice, and it's really cheap. But I noticed it covers up the Subaru logo, which the original doesn't. However it comes out to around $250 shipped. I'd prefer to not cover the logo. http://www.aliexpress.com/item/SCION...08.3.20.UZd2KB

2) This one claims it's made by ViS Racing. Which from what I've seen and heard over the years makes amazing CF hoods. It's close to $500 after shipping, and doesn't cover the logo (good). Could this be trusted? http://www.tnaauto.com/ProductDetail...2-003&CartID=1

If anyone knows of any other CF RBv2 spoilers that are actually reputable, please help a brotha out

Thanks
hypebrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 03:05 AM   #2
sqd

Drives: '13 SWP GT86
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
The first one doesn't cover the badge, they're just using this:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Carbo...286315038.html

in the same photo.
Old 03-08-2016, 07:44 AM   #3
hypebrz

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqd View Post
The first one doesn't cover the badge, they're just using this:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Carbo...286315038.html

in the same photo.
You are my hero
Old 03-08-2016, 08:56 AM   #4
sqd

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypebrz View Post
You are my hero
And a little tip - the seller you linked is using the images from a seller called JC Sportline, but they're not JC Sportline themselves, this is:
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...329198137.html

Same price, so not sure if it matters, but that seller is the source of the product images. Also, the real JC Sportline seems to sell their own made CF parts for Lambos, Maseratis etc. This won't guarantee quality, but at least shows they have access to Lambos to make these parts, something I'm sure not all Chinese manufacturers and sellers do.

Last edited by sqd; 03-08-2016 at 05:29 PM.
sqd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sqd For This Useful Post:
hypebrz (03-08-2016)
Old 03-08-2016, 12:35 PM   #5
HachiRo

Drives: 2013 White-Out FRS
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Oh man, there's TERRIBLE reviews on VIS's Rocket Bunny parts in terms of fitment. I don't recall where I read, but I know on Amazon (I know, strange to look there), their reviews on VIS rocket bunny CF wing is that fitment is really poor. How poor compared to the original which I hear also has slight fitment issues? Not sure..
Also, Extreme Dimensions is a vendor on here that I believe might sell a CF version, but also, slight fitment issues.

Some dude once tried to sell me the kit on FB and said fitment is perfect, I asked him for pics and he sent me an Instagram link to someone who bought the kit and the caption included "...Getting this thing to fit was a pain in the ass..." Haha
hypebrz (03-08-2016)
Old 03-08-2016, 01:13 PM   #6
hypebrz

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HachiRo View Post
Oh man, there's TERRIBLE reviews on VIS's Rocket Bunny parts in terms of fitment. I don't recall where I read, but I know on Amazon (I know, strange to look there), their reviews on VIS rocket bunny CF wing is that fitment is really poor. How poor compared to the original which I hear also has slight fitment issues? Not sure..
Also, Extreme Dimensions is a vendor on here that I believe might sell a CF version, but also, slight fitment issues.

Some dude once tried to sell me the kit on FB and said fitment is perfect, I asked him for pics and he sent me an Instagram link to someone who bought the kit and the caption included "...Getting this thing to fit was a pain in the ass..." Haha
Haha I'm sure I'll find some way to make it work! Thanks for the heads up
Old 03-08-2016, 01:17 PM   #7
HachiRo

Just know that the "CF" replica or Chinese makers use is not really CF and though it's very similar, won't look as nice as the authentic and won't hold up as well. If you're going to have it painted over, I recommend buying from @Angela.IKON as she sells a complete FRP set that has great fitment. If you plan to leave the CF unpainted and as is, get ready to take care of it.. Just don't go "CF" because it's the cheapest Chinese option :/
Angela.IKON (03-08-2016)
Old 03-08-2016, 01:27 PM   #8
hypebrz

Garage
Quote:
Just know that the "CF" replica or Chinese makers use is not really CF and though it's very similar, won't look as nice as the authentic and won't hold up as well. If you're going to have it painted over, I recommend buying from @Angela.IKON as she sells a complete FRP set that has great fitment. If you plan to leave the CF unpainted and as is, get ready to take care of it.. Just don't go "CF" because it's the cheapest Chinese option :/
From my understanding, even though it's a replica, it's still real carbon fiber. Do you happen to know for a fact that it isn't? hmmm... I just really love the CF look, sucks if it won't last. My car is garage kept and I'm never in the snow, heat, rain, direct sunlight for long. I don't think it should be a problem going the chinese route :/
Old 03-08-2016, 05:33 PM   #9
sqd

Quote:
I know what type of "CF" you mean, but I'm pretty sure this isn't that type of fake CF.
The Following User Says Thank You to sqd For This Useful Post:
hypebrz (03-08-2016)
Old 03-08-2016, 05:54 PM   #10
HachiRo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypebrz View Post
From my understanding, even though it's a replica, it's still real carbon fiber. Do you happen to know for a fact that it isn't? hmmm... I just really love the CF look, sucks if it won't last. My car is garage kept and I'm never in the snow, heat, rain, direct sunlight for long. I don't think it should be a problem going the chinese route :/
Can't tell for a fact because different sellers/manufacturers from different factories will use different methods haha, but sucks to say only one way to find out. As the dude stated above, he's sure it isn't so you're good to go!
Just be sure to update us if you do order and get us pics of fitment! A lot of people are holding back on buying these reps simply due to fear of fitment issues.
hypebrz (03-08-2016)
Old 03-08-2016, 05:56 PM   #11
hypebrz

Garage
Quote:
Can't tell for a fact because different sellers/manufacturers from different factories will use different methods haha, but sucks to say only one way to find out. As the dude stated above, he's sure it isn't so you're good to go!
Just be sure to update us if you do order and get us pics of fitment! A lot of people are holding back on buying these reps simply due to fear of fitment issues.
Sure will brotha lol
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hypebrz For This Useful Post:
HachiRo (03-08-2016), Pointmutation (03-10-2016)