follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List
go_a_way1

Old 02-20-2016, 10:27 AM   #379
SK86

Drives: '16 HyperBlue BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmurfBRZ View Post

[IMG][/IMG]

That looks so good! I'm imagining black wrap on top of the trunk up to the spoiler and down the hood to the grill and then the ground. Hmmm.....
SK86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 12:49 PM   #380
SmurfBRZ

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
It would look fresh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK86 View Post
That looks so good! I'm imagining black wrap on top of the trunk up to the spoiler and down the hood to the grill and then the ground. Hmmm.....
If you vinyl wrap the roof and the trunk but leave the spoiler regular color it looks fantastic! I've seen it and probably would do that instead because wrapping the spoiler is pretty much hell on earth
SmurfBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 07:54 PM   #381
DayV

Drives: Series.HyperBlue
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Just installed Jdm smoked clear side markers and they are perfect for this color. Anyone know if we are able to get the sti lip kit for the original price over the mark up?
DayV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 08:02 PM   #382
SK86

Drives: '16 HyperBlue BRZ
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayV View Post
Just installed Jdm smoked clear side markers and they are perfect for this color. Anyone know if we are able to get the sti lip kit for the original price over the mark up?
I got mine at the Dealer when I bought the car, got the kit for cost then. I think you just need to beat them down on the price.
SK86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SK86 For This Useful Post:
DayV (02-21-2016)
Old 02-21-2016, 08:03 PM   #383
Westen
Native Texan

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ Limited
Quote:

[IMG][/IMG]

What kind of tail lights are those? They look amazing when on.
Westen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 08:10 PM   #384
veck

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westen View Post
What kind of tail lights are those? They look amazing when on.
Valentis

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
veck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 09:25 PM   #385
nova.86
Legendary Member

Drives: HyperBlue BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasmryan View Post
#435 is no more....says rollover but it looks like she held up well
http://www.copart.com/us/Lot/3889195...hId=1492406585

...and 744.
http://www.copart.com/us/Lot/1683703...hId=1492406585
Quote:
No lie, if there's one that's not that badly damaged say no frame damage, I might just buy one in the future and dedicate to a full track build car..I got motivated to do so in the future by BRZ build from youtube lol.

Also that's the stock spoiler right?? Did you dip to get it black? It looks nice! I feel like hydro dipping mine to get carbon fiber, haha.

Also little teaser for you guys! I didn't want to say anything and surprise you but I got tail lights that I haven't seen on this car yet here, will install them the first day of March and post pics here

Also going to be doing something my headlights at the same time for a nice look.

*hint*

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Sx0sIaj0lA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Sx0sIaj0lA[/ame]

-edit

This video is too epic not to post.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2CBWG4C2kY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2CBWG4C2kY[/ame]

Last edited by nova.86; 02-21-2016 at 09:48 PM.
nova.86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 09:38 PM   #386
nova.86
Legendary Member

btw I got crickets at 5k miles as well, I was happy at first thinking "wow no crickets on the Hyperblue awesome!" Hit my first oil change and bam, hahaha.

Also I have my car opti-coated so washing is easy and since the car is prepped to be swirl free before the opti-coat no swirls are shown and won't be since I have that protection on the paint, All I do is rinse and use a foam gun! I recommend you guys opti-coat the car! It'll keep the HyperBlue paint pristine and you won't have to wax it, just claybar every year for maintenance!
Old 02-21-2016, 10:34 PM   #387
SmurfBRZ

Drives: Subaru BRZ
I actually wrapped the spoiler however I'd highly recommend painting or dipping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova.86 View Post
No lie, if there's one that's not that badly damaged say no frame damage, I might just buy one in the future and dedicate to a full track build car..I got motivated to do so in the future by BRZ build from youtube lol.

Also that's the stock spoiler right?? Did you dip to get it black? It looks nice! I feel like hydro dipping mine to get carbon fiber, haha.

Also little teaser for you guys! I didn't want to say anything and surprise you but I got tail lights that I haven't seen on this car yet here, will install them the first day of March and post pics here

Also going to be doing something my headlights at the same time for a nice look.

*hint*

-edit

This video is too epic not to post.

I actually wrapped the spoiler however I recommend painting or dipping because it's brutal to the the spoiler! I wanted gloss black so I wrapped it over dipping it but if I had to do it again I'll Go paint all the way
SmurfBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 10:45 PM   #388
Swolstice

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
I actually wrapped the spoiler however I recommend painting or dipping because it's brutal to the the spoiler! I wanted gloss black so I wrapped it over dipping it but if I had to do it again I'll Go paint all the way
Hey Smurfin, when you removed the shark fin was there any tape or residue that kept it on the roof?
Swolstice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 11:37 PM   #389
DSOmegaX

Drives: '19 M2 Comp, '20 GR Supra
Thanked 2,153 Times in 986 Posts
Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nova.86 View Post
btw I got crickets at 5k miles as well, I was happy at first thinking "wow no crickets on the Hyperblue awesome!" Hit my first oil change and bam, hahaha.

Also I have my car opti-coated so washing is easy and since the car is prepped to be swirl free before the opti-coat no swirls are shown and won't be since I have that protection on the paint, All I do is rinse and use a foam gun! I recommend you guys opti-coat the car! It'll keep the HyperBlue paint pristine and you won't have to wax it, just claybar every year for maintenance!

Opticoat isn't designed to prevent swirling on the paint. The standard rules for washing a car to minimize swirls still apply (foam gun/rinse only helps but eventually a dual bucket wash is needed every now and then to truly rid it of dirt built up over time). But opticoat can marr and swirl just like any finish if you're not careful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2019 BMW M2 Competition | LBB | ///M Performance Build Thread
2020 Toyota GR Supra | Turbulence | TRD | Build Thread
DSOmegaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 02:48 AM   #390
nova.86
Legendary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSOmegaX View Post
Opticoat isn't designed to prevent swirling on the paint. The standard rules for washing a car to minimize swirls still apply (foam gun/rinse only helps but eventually a dual bucket wash is needed every now and then to truly rid it of dirt built up over time). But opticoat can marr and swirl just like any finish if you're not careful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wash weekly, but yeah every other time I'll do the two bucket method w/ grit guards along with the foam gun, I'm not aggressive while washing though. I got the wheels opti-coated as well which makes everything pretty easy, when I get aftermarket rims I'm going to do the same to make them easy to clean
Old 02-22-2016, 10:51 AM   #391
SkoogusMaximus

Drives: 2015 BRZ limited dark grey
Looking at upgrading

I was rear ended in my 2015 dark grey BRZ a few weeks ago, insurance totalled it. So now I'm in the market for a replacement. There are 2-3 Hyper.Blues for sale near me (south florida) that are piquing my interest.

Are there any downsides to going with such a limited run of cars in the long term? I see some people mentioning swirls when washing, is this coat more delicate than the normal?
SkoogusMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 12:03 PM   #392
SleepingPanda

Drives: 2016 BRZ Hyper.Blue
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
I don't see a downside. The paint isn't more delicate. If you like the color. Go for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkoogusMaximus View Post
I was rear ended in my 2015 dark grey BRZ a few weeks ago, insurance totalled it. So now I'm in the market for a replacement. There are 2-3 Hyper.Blues for sale near me (south florida) that are piquing my interest.

Are there any downsides to going with such a limited run of cars in the long term? I see some people mentioning swirls when washing, is this coat more delicate than the normal?
SleepingPanda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
:popcorn:, good stuff