follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 12-12-2015, 03:26 AM   #15
speedy07

Drives: 2015 Subaru Brz Limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryoma View Post
if your car gets repossessed, doesn't that badly hurt your credit? considering your parents are paying for your car, then won't you be screwing over your parents' credit by not selling the car or working with the bank and just letting it get repoed?

if you really like the car, get a job and start paying for it yourself. however, for now take it to the dealership since everything should still be covered under warranty.
You see I already have a job at the gym. But it won't be enough to pay for it. Besides with my current situation I'll probably have to use that money for my parents to pay bills and stuff
speedy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 03:28 AM   #16
speedy07

Drives: 2015 Subaru Brz Limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stugray View Post
Do you top off your gas when you fill it?

If you do this too much you might have "flooded" the charcoal canister.
Tbh this is probably what happened..... It finished at .73 and I made it an even dollar. I do it every time... Never knew that was bad for your car.
speedy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 03:43 AM   #17
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Drives: 2023 GR SUPRA,15 FR-S (SOLD)
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy07 View Post
Tbh this is probably what happened..... It finished at .73 and I made it an even dollar. I do it every time... Never knew that was bad for your car.
Yea, I believe the manual says not to top off our cars also you may lose money doing so

Quote from epa site:
In areas of ozone nonattainment, gas station pumps are equipped with vapor recovery systems that feed back gas vapors into their tanks to prevent vapors from escaping into the air and contributing to air pollution. Any additional gas you try to pump into your tank may be drawn into the vapor line and fed back into the station’s storage tanks.

Although if it were the charcoal canister I feel you would have some sort of EVAP code stored in the ECU and by default some sort of check engine, or it may be so flooded it can even do a full diagnostic and start.
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
FRSBRZGT86FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FRSBRZGT86FAN For This Useful Post:
speedy07 (12-12-2015)
Old 12-12-2015, 03:50 AM   #18
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Drives: 2023 GR SUPRA,15 FR-S (SOLD)
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy07 View Post
I believe this month makes it 2 months... I've spoken with them they owe like so much credit I believe they are gonna go the bankruptcy route... Anyways I'm gonna get it fixed tomorrow. Hopefully everything is still under warranty. I'm literally debating on finishing up this semester of school(Finals Week) then just getting a full time job to help support them.

Also if they find the charcoal canister is filled with gas, they may not accept the warranty and may make you pay for it and say its your fault. You may need to deny it and ask they to do it for good will.

Also in honesty about life decisions, the car isn't a priority as much as you may love it, I'd get rid of it because it's going to be a financial drain, you may need to pay what your behind on and sell it to pay it off as a lose, education and such comes first so you can get out of the rat race and hard times. You have to live below your means now and help your family. My .02 cents
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
FRSBRZGT86FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FRSBRZGT86FAN For This Useful Post:
speedy07 (12-15-2015)
Old 12-12-2015, 04:04 PM   #19
LowBatteryLife

Drives: Future BRZ?
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
1. Delete post.
2. Drive back to dealer.
3. Problem number 1 is either not problem, or quickly solves both problems.

I'm kidding don't do this.
LowBatteryLife is offline   Reply With Quote