follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 04-08-2015, 07:10 PM   #393
GT86_2014

Drives: Raven
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tye300 View Post
Please do! Will be waiting!
Hi! so it's almost done.
2,62" pulley, Tial MV-R, Greddy ProFec.
Max safe tune (may be too safe) and pull was till 7000 rpm...
Engine is stock and it's little scarry push it to the red line at the begining...
gas is something in the middle 91-93 by US + WMI.
impressions?
the car is absolutely different, a lot lot lot lot more low end !!!!!!
it's real beast now even with conservative safe tune...
the sound of gate is awesome!!!
my dream is E85, but we don't have it now...
Dyno on Mustang...
Attached Images

GT86_2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 07:13 PM   #394
GT86_2014

to be continued......
Old 04-08-2015, 07:22 PM   #395
GT86_2014

it is WHP and WTQ
Old 04-09-2015, 01:06 AM   #396
Tye300

Drives: Toyota 86 TRD Version AT
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT86_2014 View Post
Hi! so it's almost done.
2,62" pulley, Tial MV-R, Greddy ProFec.
Max safe tune (may be too safe) and pull was till 7000 rpm...
Engine is stock and it's little scarry push it to the red line at the begining...
gas is something in the middle 91-93 by US + WMI.
impressions?
the car is absolutely different, a lot lot lot lot more low end !!!!!!
it's real beast now even with conservative safe tune...
the sound of gate is awesome!!!
my dream is E85, but we don't have it now...
Dyno on Mustang...
Wow! That torque curve looks awesome! It looks like an innovate curve than a vortech. If I ever upgrade to the V2, I will go this way. 320wtq must be awesome to play around with! Thank you for sharing. Hope to see some more pics from you. Videos would even be more awesome!
Tye300 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tye300 For This Useful Post:
GT86_2014 (04-10-2015)
Old 04-09-2015, 01:26 AM   #397
wootwoot

Drives: FRS
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
So you didn't spin? Or hit anything? You just looked at your wheels and they were cracked like that? Wtf?
wootwoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 01:46 AM   #398
Tye300

Quote:
Originally Posted by wootwoot View Post
So you didn't spin? Or hit anything? You just looked at your wheels and they were cracked like that? Wtf?
No spin nor did I hit anything. The video posted was the run the wheels cracked. Not tracking again until I get some proper wheels LOL! I've been using the wheels as trackday wheels for almost 2 years now. Maybe just wear and tear I guess.
Old 04-09-2015, 10:31 AM   #399
Tye300

Combating The Heat: DEI Titanium Heat wrap install (4-8-15)

Combating The Heat: DEI Titanium Heat wrap install (4-8-15)

It's the middle of summer here in Manila and during the day we experience 36-38C temps.(96F-100F) During my last track event, the organizers had to move the stopwatches under the shade because the heat was blacking out the LCD screens.
Compounding the problem is our car's engine bay, which resembles an oven with its closed design.
Going FI also added more heat to the engine bay which needed addressing. Enter the DEI titanium heat wrap. This product is described by DEI as:

SKU: 010128
"Titanium exhaust wrap, with LR Technology, is made from pulverized lava rock and stranded into a fiber material and woven into a proprietary weave. Titanium wrap is engineered to be stronger than most wraps and more durable for improved thermal performance and reliability. Perfect for any automotive or motorcycle application!"

Sounds good.

I also found out that my front pipe developed a small leak and was rusting already. I was surprised to see this as the manufacturer said they use stainless steel for their piping.

@victorb of VDS stepped up to the plate and gave me one of their VDS resonated front pipes to try. The VDS piece was better finished than the other pipe, and has a better constructed resonator. The chrome finish screams quality. In my opinion, the VDS front pipe and header are the best ones you can buy locally in Manila. The raspiness of my exhaust was reduced.

I opted to have the header wrapped together with the over and front pipe. The header's proximity to the oil pan and the front pipe's closeness to the AT oil pan was the reason to extend the wrap up to the front pipe.

Install was done at Autokozmetix in pasig. Kudos to Mike and Christie for helping me out. Big thanks to Mike for also taking the pics. The mechanics there can work on an 86 or BRZ with their eyes closed by now.

The DEI wrap was really easy to install. When I got home, I opened the hood to check if there was a difference, and I can say that the heat has lessened significantly.

On a side note, I have been using E85 for almost 2000kms straight. Uninstalling the header, was expecting to see the pipes coated with soot. To my surprise, they were clean! No soot whatsoever. Looking into the exhaust ports, they were clean also! E85 really burns clean.

Last edited by Tye300; 04-09-2015 at 03:02 PM.
LXXXV1 (06-20-2015)
Old 04-19-2015, 01:52 PM   #400
Tye300

Whiteline Front LCA And Rear Sway Bar Brace Install (4-18-15)

With the car pretty much set up where I want it to be power-wise and handling-wise, I'm left with enhancing the suspension with some bits and pieces.
In my quest to "activate more grip", I went with more Whiteline products. The Whiteline front LCA brace is now a discontinued product and quite rare nowadays.

The brace comes in trademark Whiteline gold, and looks well constructed with good welds and sturdy pipes.

What diffrentiates it from the other braces is it has a plate with cutout letters for some undercar bling. The brace hangs a bit low, which for me is alarming.

The install hit a few snags as the brace's mounting holes were a few millimeters off. We had to file the holes a bit to make the brace fit. I really don't know if my car's frame is out of whack, or the brace is.

The bar looks really pretty installed. Let's hope it works as good as it looks.

Moving to the rear, the Whiteline rear sway bar brace bridges the gap of the sway bar mount and the subframe. This helps prevent the sway bar from twisting excessively and stiffens up the mount for sure.

The part looks solid, with good looking welds and finished with trademark Whiteline gray paint. The paint on some parts were flaking off though, so this could be a problem for those people whose roads use salt. Fortunately for me we don't get snow in this part of the world.

Here's a pic with the stickers on. Added a few hp there. All these under chassis parts want me to get an under car detail soon.

Install was pretty easy, as the mount holes lined up perfectly. The install took a bit longer than expected because of a stripped sway bar mount bolt. Other than that, the rear install went smoothly.

Quick impressions after the install, the front brace made turn in slightly more responsive, the steering felt a bit lighter. The rear end feels more solid after taking some familiar street corners during my commute home. I will try to test how these mods feel at the track and report then. As for now, any small enhancements to the cars handling are welcome.
Old 04-19-2015, 05:09 PM   #401
abraxis

Drives: many
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Just a clarification. Were you saying the Advans you had were fake Advans or that the Advans were real but replicas of another wheel?
abraxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 02:13 AM   #402
Tye300

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxis View Post
Just a clarification. Were you saying the Advans you had were fake Advans or that the Advans were real but replicas of another wheel?
The wheels were fake Advans.
D_Thissen (07-20-2015)
Old 07-19-2015, 06:57 PM   #403
TiTAN

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-s
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
How do you find the FI with final gear change? I've read a few comments recommending staying with stock gears when going FI. I have a Sprintex 210 I'm about to install and am looking at 4.88 final gears with this AT.
TiTAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 12:17 AM   #404
Tye300

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiTAN View Post
How do you find the FI with final gear change? I've read a few comments recommending staying with stock gears when going FI. I have a Sprintex 210 I'm about to install and am looking at 4.88 final gears with this AT.
The AT is already at a disadvantage with the longer gear ratios compared to the manual. When you change the FD to a 4.55, you are almost the same ratio with the MT. With the vortech, which gets full boost at redline, I get to full boost quicker than with the stock FD. I would understand the concept of staying stock if I was using a turbo, because it would not be getting the time to spool up. I'd say go for it.
10Stars (08-18-2015)
Old 07-25-2015, 03:30 PM   #405
TiTAN

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-s
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Perfect, I wanted to hear a real world opinion before I pull the trigger on this. I had assumed the recommendation to not go higher was for the turbo guys.
TiTAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 10:52 AM   #406
10Stars

Drives: 14 Subaru BRZ Limited WRB
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Any updates?
10Stars is offline   Reply With Quote