follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 08-11-2015, 06:27 PM   #407
Shit Luck

Drives: red frs
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sales@delicioustuning.com View Post
Keith,

Did you happen to fix those injector harnesses that you were popping codes for a couple months back when we last spoke?

Sincerely,

Zach
Delicious Tuning
Yeah I only had that issue that one time. I did however make new injector harnesses just in case. I bought the pro upgrade so that I could get tuned locally but I have to wait till they can get me in. I really want to run some autocrosses. Sick of the car sitting here doing nothing.
Shit Luck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 06:32 PM   #408
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Drives: Edelbrock Equipped - Subaru BRZ
Thanked 1,683 Times in 581 Posts
Mentioned: 403 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shit Luck View Post
Yeah I only had that issue that one time. I did however make new injector harnesses just in case. I bought the pro upgrade so that I could get tuned locally but I have to wait till they can get me in. I really want to run some autocrosses. Sick of the car sitting here doing nothing.
Good that you made new harnesses, those will throw the car into limp mode at a moments notice as I'm sure you experienced. Give me a little bit, and I'll email you to catch up and see about getting you an update in the meantime while you wait.

Sincerely,

Zach
Delicious Tuning
DeliciousTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DeliciousTuning For This Useful Post:
Shit Luck (08-11-2015)
Old 08-15-2015, 02:52 AM   #409
Shit Luck

Took her out for a drive tonight and randomly popped p0441 code... I am using ebcs though. Anybody know what causes this one randomly.
Old 08-15-2015, 09:33 AM   #410
protpibe

Drives: 4-Runner Sport - 13' BRZ SportTech
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Took her out for a drive tonight and randomly popped p0441 code... I am using ebcs though. Anybody know what causes this one randomly.

That's an evap code. The ecbs plugs into the evap port, so I'm guessing your tune didn't disable 0441

Just a guess tho
Old 08-15-2015, 04:59 PM   #411
Shit Luck

What the actual cause of the code?
Old 08-15-2015, 05:02 PM   #412
protpibe

Drives: 4-Runner Sport - 13' BRZ SportTech
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
What the actual cause of the code?
You have to unplug the Evap solenoid to connect the ECBS
Old 08-15-2015, 05:07 PM   #413
Shit Luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by protpibe View Post
You have to unplug the Evap solenoid to connect the ECBS
Yeah, but if the boost solenoid is functioning off the signal for the evap solenoid what actually causes it to throw a code? The evap solenoid should be seen as functioning by the ECU since the signal is being used by the ebcs.
Old 08-17-2015, 01:15 AM   #414
Jhood

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited [6MT/SWP]
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Yeah, but if the boost solenoid is functioning off the signal for the evap solenoid what actually causes it to throw a code? The evap solenoid should be seen as functioning by the ECU since the signal is being used by the ebcs.
I'm gonna take a guess and say that the ECU is probably looking for more than just a "yes or no" whether the signal is being used or not, considering that the EVAP solenoid controls when to purge and when not to, and now without power it's staying closed... but like I said I could be completely wrong.
But as for the code, my car threw the same one because of the crank case vent hose (under the A/C) not being tapped back into the intake like it was from the factory, as the FBM kit does not come with an intake bung of any kind. They disabled it in the tune and its been good.
Jhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 07:36 AM   #415
xkalelx

Drives: 2013 BRZ black
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Good morning @sales@delicioustuning.com ! My car goes in next week for an EFR install. A couple quick questions before I request a F&G tune later this week:

1. You recommended I source a Bosch 3Bar MAP like used in the Cosworth kit. I can not find anything of the sort. Should I just go with a Omni 3Bar unit or similar since they are easier for me to find? Whats the DeliciousTuning 26psi MAP sensor? Is that just a Honda unit?

2. Fueling. Im currently on Delicious Tuning FFBT kit and typically run e85. What should I be looking for on stock injectors/pump? 10psi max? I dont know what the stock components are capable of. Im not trying to max them out, I would just like to know what you recommend I do or if an upgrade is required to run say 16psi. (pump/injectors are more than likely a spring 2016 upgrade)

3. Just to verify, Im sure my installer knows this, But the Pierburg EBCS on the EFR connects to the evap solenoid connector correct? That's the connector the F&G tune uses to control the EBCS? Amiright?

Thanks!

Last edited by xkalelx; 08-18-2015 at 03:31 PM.
xkalelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 02:20 PM   #416
yomny

Drives: 2013 FRS Whiteout
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
What's the lead time to receive the update once email requesting it sent and received? Sent request 8/1/15. Also sent you a pm with some requests/notes. @sales@delicioustuning.com
Old 08-18-2015, 03:23 PM   #417
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkalelx View Post
Good morning Zach! My car goes in next week for an EFR install. A couple quick questions before I request a F&G tune later this week:

1. You recommended I source a Bosch 3Bar MAP like used in the Cosworth kit. I can not find anything of the sort. Should I just go with a Omni 3Bar unit or similar since they are easier for me to find? Whats the DeliciousTuning 26psi MAP sensor? Is that just a Honda unit?

2. Fueling. Im currently on Delicious Tuning FFBT kit and typically run e85. What should I be looking for on stock injectors/pump? 10psi max? I dont know what the stock components are capable of. Im not trying to max them out, I would just like to know what you recommend I do or if an upgrade is required to run say 16psi. (pump/injectors are more than likely a spring 2016 upgrade)

3. Just to verify, Im sure my installer knows this, But the Pierburg EBCS on the EFR connects to the evap solenoid connector correct? That's the connector the F&G tune uses to control the EBCS? Amiright?

Thanks!

1) If the Bosch 3 BAR is not available to you; an OMNI 3 bar will do alright. We've refined our scaling for these beyond what EcuTek's recommended settings, and are much happier with them now.

2) The stock fuel pump and injectors can handle MAYBE 8-9psi on E85. If you're going for 16psi, you'll definitely want to upgrade the pump to something like a DW300c or AEM pump and around 700cc on injectors.

3) The Pierburg EBCS SHOULD plug into the same CPC connector that most other kits use. The last EFR turbo kit we laid hands on was awhile ago, and my memory of it isn't vivid enough to confirm or deny whether that was the case.

Sincerely,

Zach
Delicious Tuning
Old 08-18-2015, 03:24 PM   #418
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Quote:
Originally Posted by yomny View Post
What's the lead time to receive the update once email requesting it sent and received? Sent request 8/1/15. Also sent you a pm with some requests/notes. @sales@delicioustuning.com
Hey Yomny,

Normally updates like these are pretty quick. These are taking a bit longer because we're updating a little over a hundred people at a time in the midst of ongoing orders and releasing new products.

Sincerely,

Zach
Delicious Tuning
Old 08-26-2015, 06:12 PM   #419
fasteddy

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I am curious if you guys have run the flash-n-go with the high boost pulley on the Jackson Racing Supercharger?

Your tune might be the perfect option for those of us not near a good tuner.

I would love to see your results/dynos on this!

Thanks

Pat
fasteddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 06:45 PM   #420
BigFatFlip
sleep, drive, eat, repeat

Drives: '13 BRZ, '12 Outback
Thanked 3,797 Times in 1,981 Posts
Mentioned: 188 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Are there any plans to support the coming Edelbrock SC?
BigFatFlip is offline   Reply With Quote