follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 05-30-2012, 04:19 PM   #15
pyro530

Drives: Ultramarine FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I've been pretty unhappy with my dealership experience so far as I have been in the dealership about 4 times since October of last year asking about the car. Thus far I had not been able to get a single sales person to give me any info or give me a call back and I wanted to pre-order my car.
I did finally get one sales guy who had a clue ... I will reserve my final judgement until the car is actually at the dealer and I see the price.
pyro530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 04:24 PM   #16
xravexboix

Drives: 12 Camry Hybrid on 19" RE30
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to xravexboix
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichitaka05 View Post
That's what Jack Hollis said, when I talk w him.
I don't think he's too involved with the literal day-to-day. He probably has a gist of what is going on but not the full detail.

Our last confirmation on the numbers I posted was about 3-4 weeks ago with our DM, which literally just works on vehicle inventory. It's possible something may have changed from what we were told 3 weeks back, but it's unlikely. We were told that they will be monitoring the sales trends and tweaking the transmission order balance once things settle.
xravexboix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 04:25 PM   #17
DieDriving
I aint no snitch

Drives: 330i, C300, "00 lude, "94 Accord
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Carson Toyota had 3 FRS last Sunday, 2 were gone by the time I got there on Tuesday and 1 last auto silver is sitting in showroom because the buyer they believed is backing out....I got to sit in tried out things but no test drive possible.....
First saleman came up repeatedly asked me if I want to do trade in even though I told him I prefer to sell my car privately....dude got mad because I emphasized I DO NOT want to do trade in....second dude came up blatanly told me they only sell this car if buyer has trade in....I basically told him to piss off leave me alone with the car lol that was mean but damn i got bothered....finally I got a hold of Nathan (he is one of their saleman and is a member here), very nice straight forward guy....he puts me on the list for a manual....
DieDriving is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DieDriving For This Useful Post:
bestwheelbase (05-30-2012)
Old 05-30-2012, 04:32 PM   #18
Subie
Seņor Member

Drives: 2013 SSM DZE BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieDriving View Post
Carson Toyota had 3 FRS last Sunday, 2 were gone by the time I got there on Tuesday and 1 last auto silver is sitting in showroom because the buyer they believed is backing out....I got to sit in tried out things but no test drive possible.....
First saleman came up repeatedly asked me if I want to do trade in even though I told him I prefer to sell my car privately....dude got mad because I emphasized I DO NOT want to do trade in....second dude came up blatanly told me they only sell this car if buyer has trade in....I basically told him to piss off leave me alone with the car lol that was mean but damn i got bothered....finally I got a hold of Nathan (he is one of their saleman and is a member here), very nice straight forward guy....he puts me on the list for a manual....
Is your FR-S coming with a $2,995 leather package? (But no additional mark-ups! )
Subie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 04:35 PM   #19
Zgrinch

Drives: 2013 Limited DGM BRZ
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Did this dealer tell you that all thier FRS come with 3rd party leather seats for an extra 3K over MSRP, because that's how Carson rolls... Check out the second post from MrFRsLA ....

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7169

BRZGrincherhood
Zgrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 04:39 PM   #20
Turbowned

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ Perf Pack 6MT
Thanked 1,945 Times in 1,150 Posts
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Garage
As long as Scion dealers are allowed to order the cars, they'll probably be 90% auto because dealers are morons and think that this is just another A-B econobox that the general public wants to use to drive through MacDonalds drive-thru and pick up 72 Big Macs with.

Current: 2005 Porsche 911 Carrera S 6MT
Previous: 2 BRZ's, 997 C2S, C5 RS6, C4 S6, B8 S4, GDB STi, S30 240Z, FC3S RX-7 TII, AW11/SW20 MR2, E30 318is/325i, etc.
Turbowned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 04:40 PM   #21
DieDriving
I aint no snitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subie View Post
Is your FR-S coming with a $2,995 leather package? (But no additional mark-ups! )
Lol, you too huh? They tried to shoved the leather on me too and said they like it so am I....my response is, it doesnt matter what you like, its about what i like...but oh well they seem to have listening problem....at least Nathan was kind enough to listen to what I want, and what I want is just a simple FRS....work with me people!
Old 05-30-2012, 04:42 PM   #22
Subie
Seņor Member

Quote:
Lol, you too huh? They tried to shoved the leather on me too and said they like it so am I....my response is, it doesnt matter what you like, its about what i like...but oh well they seem to have listening problem....at least Nathan was kind enough to listen to what I want, and what I want is just a simple FRS....work with me people!
I'm on the east coast buying a BRZ so I didn't have to put up with that shit. I saw the post from Nathan the other night about all of Carson's FR-Ss coming with Leather because if one has it they all must have it due to Pure Pricing or some bullshit like that. Crap like that just rubs me the wrong way.
The Following User Says Thank You to Subie For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2012, 04:43 PM   #23
Subie
Seņor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbowned View Post
As long as Scion dealers are allowed to order the cars, they'll probably be 90% auto because dealers are morons and think that this is just another A-B econobox that the general public wants to drive through MacDonalds drive-thru and pick up 72 Big Macs with.
Every other Scion ever made has been an A-B econobox though, so that's what the dealers are used to selling and that's what the public at large expects from the brand. We're the exception to the rule.
Old 05-30-2012, 04:46 PM   #24
thill

Drives: 2020 SS1LE (previous 13 BRZ owner)
Thanked 1,463 Times in 802 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
My guess is that they had somebody see your car and was willing to pay a big markup then and there...

Money talks....

I have seen it first hand several times at dealers..
thill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 04:50 PM   #25
DieDriving
I aint no snitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subie View Post
I'm on the east coast buying a BRZ so I didn't have to put up with that shit. I saw the post from Nathan the other night about all of Carson's FR-Ss coming with Leather because if one has it they all must have it due to Pure Pricing or some bullshit like that. Crap like that just rubs me the wrong way.
It did rubbed me the wrong way....I felt like I was being forced to buy some extra I don't need....I feel sorry for my wife because this was suppose to be a trip to the beach for her and i figured the dealer stop would be a quick one but man they hassled me good....
The Following User Says Thank You to DieDriving For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2012, 04:54 PM   #26
DieDriving
I aint no snitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zgrinch View Post
Did this dealer tell you that all thier FRS come with 3rd party leather seats for an extra 3K over MSRP, because that's how Carson rolls... Check out the second post from MrFRsLA ....

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7169
Yes sir you are right dead on but I specifically REQUESTED for a factory stock FRS so Nathan assured he will inform me....let see how he would he comes through....
Old 05-30-2012, 04:55 PM   #27
Zgrinch

Drives: 2013 Limited DGM BRZ
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
They won't take deposits....so I would have Nathan write up a buyers order for a stock FRS at MSRP with a statement that states no add ons will be added to the car, and signed by the General Manager. Otherwise you are wasting your time.

BRZGrincherhood
Zgrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zgrinch For This Useful Post:
bestwheelbase (05-30-2012), DieDriving (05-30-2012), Fly Guy (05-30-2012)
Old 05-30-2012, 05:22 PM   #28
chachacha

Drives: Honda Civic
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr2lor View Post
Have you checked with Bill Wright Toyota? They should have 3 in by now.
Bill Wright and North Bakersfield Toyota are owned by the same guy....I just got PWNED!!! Going there tomorrow to pull my deposit...this is BS....also sucks when you live an hour away..
chachacha is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chachacha For This Useful Post: