follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 05-11-2015, 11:32 PM   #1443
Lonewolf

Drives: Moped
Thanked 2,131 Times in 1,195 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subie_Nubie View Post
Guess I should have been more specific. As BRZ owners, we go into ownership of the twins understanding that the platform is underpowered. So it's like, I expect the "your car is slow" comment and any other similar remarks. Once I actually owned the car, I wasn't sure I was ready for the world of BRZ and all the car-bashing that comes with it. I mean everywhere you go online, people not only have bad things to say about it but just completely beat on the car. I love my car for what it is and how it makes me feel when I get into it, but most of the internet is full of trolls who love to beat on the flaws of this car. Like shooting a bazooka at a dead horse. Where is the love man?
Who cares what others think? Once I stopped giving a damn about the opinion of others regarding many things, my life became infinitely better and more relaxed....

The car is not for insecure showoffs, if you are happy driving for yourself and enjoy the car....screw everyone with a "its gotta have 300+ hp or its crap" mentality...
Lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lonewolf For This Useful Post:
Para (05-12-2015)
Old 05-12-2015, 04:53 PM   #1444
itsaralphlife

Drives: 2013 brz
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
hello from alberta.
new the brz family, just pick up a 2013 brz base with 50000kms yesterday and im loving it. cant wait to dump some money into it haha
i currently own a 2012 f250 diesel and a 2015 f150
previously owned a 2010 ford explorer,2002 toyota tacoma, 2010 hyundai genesis, 2010 hyundai tucson, ,2010 ford f150,1991 toyota mr2, 2008 toyota tacoma, 1998 civic si, 1994 civic si,
itsaralphlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 08:44 PM   #1445
MintyTS

Drives: WR Blue '13 BRZ
Got my BRZ a little over a year ago.

First few changes included an Optima battery(the factory one was a little under-powered for cold-starts in the winter), hood struts and mounting brackets, and an AirRaid cold air intake:

And more recently, a set of Motegi wheels and H&R Super Sport Springs:

I first tested the white via plasti-dip on the stock wheels, and after a month of that I knew white was the way to go for me.
MintyTS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MintyTS For This Useful Post:
Lonewolf (05-12-2015)
Old 05-13-2015, 06:15 AM   #1446
TwoForceMember

Drives: 2015 Dark Gray Metallic BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Greetings all! I just got my Dark Gray Metallic 6MT about 2 weeks ago. I transitioned from a 1998 Neon RT that my wife and I drove off the lot in 1998 while we were still in college. It now has 280k miles on it being driven like I stole it the whole time. Complaining about power will not be a problem in the BRZ as it has more than my neon. It was a handling machine, and now so is my new car, but with power to the correct wheels. Only negative I have so far is the torque dip.. The rest of the band is fine, but I dislike how dramatically it loses power there.. Makes me think there is something wrong. Anyway, love the car, love the forum. Reminds me of neons.org. Its a great thing to have a community to go to about a car.
Attached Images

TwoForceMember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 11:19 AM   #1447
WeaponX

Drives: '15 Subaru BRZ Limited WR Blue 6spd
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by x1UP View Post
Welcome Weapon! A few of us here from NYC/LI have met up and i'm planning a Bear Mt. run with them! Let me know if you're interested!
Yeah man, that sounds good. Let me know when, and if I can make it, I will go. thanx for the heads up :
WeaponX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 02:28 AM   #1448
Tart

Drives: 2015 WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Got my WRB BRZ almost a month ago! Learned to drive stick on the dealer's lot and had to drive 20 miles by myself to get back home. Gave it extra gas when turning into the on ramp to make sure I didn't stall and burned some rubber haha. Luckily there wasn't much traffic on my way home but at the off ramp there was a stop sign... I stalled five times in a row with cars behind me. Other than that, made it back safe and sound! Been love-struck ever since.
Tart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 12:01 AM   #1449
AlbertoSmith

Drives: Subaru BRZ Limited
Garage
Hi! I just got my Subaru BRZ Limited! and is an Amazing CAR!!!! I LOVE IT!
AlbertoSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 09:33 AM   #1450
McFuu

Drives: 14' BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tart View Post
Got my WRB BRZ almost a month ago! Learned to drive stick on the dealer's lot and had to drive 20 miles by myself to get back home. Gave it extra gas when turning into the on ramp to make sure I didn't stall and burned some rubber haha. Luckily there wasn't much traffic on my way home but at the off ramp there was a stop sign... I stalled five times in a row with cars behind me. Other than that, made it back safe and sound! Been love-struck ever since.
When people ask me to teach them how to drive stick, but don't actually own a manual transmission, I just tell them to buy a car with a manual. I'll teach them all day at that point.

Bravo to you, I bought my 2nd car as a manual, and learned on the test drive. That was 12 years ago now. Haven't gone back to automatic.
McFuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 12:18 AM   #1451
Tart

Drives: 2015 WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
When people ask me to teach them how to drive stick, but don't actually own a manual transmission, I just tell them to buy a car with a manual. I'll teach them all day at that point.

Bravo to you, I bought my 2nd car as a manual, and learned on the test drive. That was 12 years ago now. Haven't gone back to automatic.
Thanks! This is my 2nd car as well, drove an automatic for 5 years as my first car. Had to unlearn a lot of driving habits that I would do on the auto in order to drive stick haha.

I wish I knew someone like you when I first got my car haha. I learned almost everything from YouTube videos, forums, and how-to articles. Took me about a week until I was able to not stall every other stop light and another week to conquer my fear of hill starts (gotta love that handbrake). Hopefully all my stalling and crap driving the first few days didn't hurt the car long term!
Tart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 05:29 AM   #1452
DrD-BRZ

Drives: Subaru BRZ SE Lux Navigation Auto -
New BRZ owner saying hi!

I picked up a brand new BRZ 2.0 SE Lux Nav Auto last week & I love it! I went for the new tri-coat World Rally Pearl but unbelievably the side of the front bumper already got chipped & I'm not sure when or where it happened...
DrD-BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 01:16 PM   #1453
Eski

Drives: '15 Brz Series Blue
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrD-BRZ View Post
I picked up a brand new BRZ 2.0 SE Lux Nav Auto last week & I love it! I went for the new tri-coat World Rally Pearl but unbelievably the side of the front bumper already got chipped & I'm not sure when or where it happened...

Well welcome to the forums! Im curious because over in the states we don't have the LUX models, what the little raised (what looks like a wiper sprayer) bump under the headlights is?
Old 05-23-2015, 10:07 AM   #1454
so 650

Drives: '08 Outback XT; '15 BRZ
What an epiphany ... talking to the wife about getting a new car, the '08 Outback is getting long in the tooth, but oh-so useful! What could I replace it with? Would've gone back to the WRX if there was a hatch to be had, but no hatch. Frogive me, I went and looked at GTIs, and the Golf R, just a brief dalliance, but if VW had their shite together and actually had Rs to be bought I would've done it. Then one day at lunch we had the epiphany ... hey, let's keep the Outback. Yes! Haul the kids, baseball crap, etc in the big car. Get a little car for the commute. And that means ... that means ... I can get a 2-seater. And a manual! And stay with Subaru!! And having the third car, I'd say that's pretty 650.

Lovin' it guys!
so 650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 06:50 PM   #1455
Agent 86

Drives: 2017 Cayman S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by so 650 View Post
What an epiphany ... talking to the wife about getting a new car, the '08 Outback is getting long in the tooth, but oh-so useful! What could I replace it with? Would've gone back to the WRX if there was a hatch to be had, but no hatch. Frogive me, I went and looked at GTIs, and the Golf R, just a brief dalliance, but if VW had their shite together and actually had Rs to be bought I would've done it. Then one day at lunch we had the epiphany ... hey, let's keep the Outback. Yes! Haul the kids, baseball crap, etc in the big car. Get a little car for the commute. And that means ... that means ... I can get a 2-seater. And a manual! And stay with Subaru!! And having the third car, I'd say that's pretty 650.

Lovin' it guys!
Good Plan! We have an Outback and a BRZ. However, in the spirit of full disclosure, I traded my Golf R for the BRZ.
2014 BRZ Limited - 2013 VW Golf R - 2010 Forester XT - 2006 Mazda 3 GT
Agent 86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 06:58 PM   #1456
Eski

Drives: '15 Brz Series Blue
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCSubaru View Post
Hey everyone! Just traded in my 2013 WRX hatch for this beautiful 2014 Premium BRZ.. I am loving it so far!

BRZ 1st Photo Shoot by Chris Boucher, on Flickr

BRZ 1st Photo Shoot by Chris Boucher, on Flickr
Congrats! Quite the different drive isn't it? How are you feeling about it so far?