follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 09-24-2014, 12:40 AM   #15
NIN69
Izzy Gure (Senior Member)

Drives: FR-S TRD Release Series 1.0 / #1459
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas FR-S View Post
I'm sure many would agree with you, however I feel more comfortable with what's offered as OEM. That, and it drives me nuts when Scion has a MAPS button and is useless without the upgrade. Decisions, lol.
Don't get me wrong. I have the Bespoke premium stereo with my Monogram but I am jealous of my friends with better systems.

Visit me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/izzygure
NIN69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 12:43 AM   #16
Texas BRZ
Sports Car = Anti-Drug

Drives: 2014 Honda CBR600RR
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIN69 View Post
Don't get me wrong. I have the Bespoke premium stereo with my Monogram but I am jealous of my friends with better systems.
I know the sound system is only acceptable but I'm more in it for the built in Nav...

Texas BRZ
Texas BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 01:28 AM   #17
Casper223

Drives: 2015 UltraMarine, MT, Borla Exhaust
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas FR-S View Post
I called Scion a couple of weeks or so ago and they could not confirm if the RS 1.0 had the Premium Bespoke Nav system as a standard option, and I got the impression that it was not standard... Correct me if I've mistaken.

Also, I was planning on placing an order for a non-RS 1.0 and adding the $1,200 Bespoke Premium Audio and Nav... Is this a fully worthwhile and function option for folks who have it in place within their FR-S?

Thank you in advance.
The Premium Sound is not a standard option. The "Aha" radio is Toyota/Scions answer to the XM/Sirius satellite radio, except it is a free service. You will need a smart phone, either an android or iPhone, to utilize the system apps, sign up for a free user acct... I will say that Aha radio does not integrate well with Pandora or Slacker Radio, meaning you will have to Bluetooth or USB plug these into the system to get any type of premium service. For example, I read in the user manual how you go to Aha radio app, enter in your username and password and link the accts... So I did this, and subscribed to Slackers Premium service, only to find out they would not integrate, I could play predetermined Slacker made playlists but no custom channels or playlists from the acct. I had to USB my phone to the USB Dock in front of the shifter, then play the music on my phone which transferred to the audio system. I can however Bluetooth iTunes play lists, and have used a USB memory stick loaded with music, however IMO, "Aha" is a Joke!! Search them online through a Google search engine and even sign up for a free acct, and see if it's worth your while. I had never even heard of Aha until I got this premium sound. The Bespoke app is for up to the iPhone 4, of course I have the 5S, I'm not sure if I'm missing out on anything... I'm only concerned their not updating the system or apps in a few years, or since the iPhone 4 anyway... "Bespoke" allows you to search your immediate area, for coffee shops, Resturants, Hotels, etc... Which have been rated by "Yelp" if you like one of these locations, you can press 1 button, and that information automatically jumps over to your navigation if you like, and Route Guidance begins... I personally don't think much of "Aha" or "Bespoke" but in previous vehicles never subscribed to "XM" satellite either... To be fair, Iabout it. I think investigating the Aha sight will answer the worthwhile question for you along with the "BeSpoke" sight, both are free to make an acct... and check out their offerings. The Premium Sound from Pioneer, fills the cabin with great sound, as I understand Scion/Toyota has mounted a small Amp in the car to drive the door speakers. Of course I've read that some owners have opted to switch the system out, along with speakers for a better sounding system, for now I'm quite content with mine. Also, I read somewhere on the forum, that the navigation works off of your phone, I can also tell you this is untrue in the 2015. I've turned my phone off, powered it down and used my navigation without phone service. For me, I'm constantly going to meet friends in the city, or company functions, and in an area that I'm unfamiliar with, I love to use my navigation for help, while keeping both hands on the wheel, and eyes on the road, So for the sound, and options, and navigation, I found the Premium Sound worth my while. One more thing I'd like to add, if you have any Pioneer Stereo Questions, like I had in wanting to know how to change the splash screen to personalize it, as you could in the older versions of the BeSpoke Premium Sound units, Pioneer will tell you, they sold your unit to the dealership and cannot help you at all with any information or even acknowledge its their unit... So in contacting Scion... Same question, the representative says in a live chat.... "Read your owners Manual" how's that for support, so when I reply, I did not get an owners manual with the rest of my scion book, the Representative pasted me a link to an owners manual online before closing the chat... Of course out of 200 pages, theirs "NO" mention of changing the splash screen... So I hope this helps in identifying the support to expect from Scions Customer Service. Hope this helps, and hope you find the information I provided infirmative and non biased/accurate.
Casper223 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Casper223 For This Useful Post:
Texas BRZ (09-24-2014)
Old 09-24-2014, 01:39 AM   #18
Texas BRZ
Sports Car = Anti-Drug

Drives: 2014 Honda CBR600RR
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
^ Yes, this helps greatly! Wish I could thank your thorough post more than once, lol.

So it looks like I'll be ordering this along with my FR-S... Good thing the nav works great, I need it as well.

Btw, if I'm ordering it along with the car, is this upgrade installed at the factory / port or at the dealership?

Texas BRZ
Texas BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 02:14 AM   #19
Casper223

Drives: 2015 UltraMarine, MT, Borla Exhaust
Garage
I ordered mine in Louisiana, I told my dealership I wanted "Ultramarine" "Navigation" "Manual Transmission" "Rear Trunk Spoiler/Fin" "Premium FR S Floor Matts" and less than 20 miles on it... Their big concern was the "Manual Transmission" every car, every dealership they searched had this car in an "Automatic Transmission" my salesman told me the Navigation was as simple as changing out the head units, thinking one face for another... and could be done at my dealership prior to me taking delivery, I Know the Floor Matts and rear fin were installed at my dealership a few days later... But the Navigation was already on board. I downloaded the "BeSpoke" App and "Aha" app and used his computer to set up the accounts as they detailed my car from being trucked over from West Texas, The rear Fin and Floor Matts were installed a few days later, because they ordered them... I went back a week later and had the Side Windows and Rear Windows Tinted to State Law Tint darkness, and an Armrest installed, only because I didn't want to take a chance screwing it up with drilling holes. Please look at a few posts back as I answered a question about the system and posted a link to the manual for the BeSpoke systems, 2013-2014 & 2015. I think the voice recognition accepts 32 commands in all, the Premium Sound is pretty much Touch screen, "AM" "FM" "Aha" "Bluetooth" "USB/iPod" this button changes depending on what you plug and play into the USB Port, "CD" and "Aux" which I haven't identified its use yet. When you get the system a couple of settings to immediately check are, "Hit/press the red speaker" which shows up on the screen when it's on, there's a button which says "General" "System" "Sound" anyways one of those buttons identifies your vehicle, whether it's a "TC" "FR S" or other model vehicle, make sure it's set to FR S, it sets up your sound system for that design car, another button in the screen, I think it's "Sound" maybe, when you press it, it gives you 3 options "Natural" which sounds like a cheap transistor radio, "Hear" which I use for radio talk shows, the 3rd is "Feel" hit that button and your Premium Sound comes to life.... You literally feel the sound, all the drum beats, all the integumentary etc literally coming through your car... I hit this button, as mine was set on "Natural" and I was dissapointed in the sound, by the time I got to the feel, I had a smile ear to ear, and was adjusting the "Bass" & "Treble" I love the sound rolling out of the cabin, also you'll find another button in their that will automatically raise and lower the volume based on road noise, speed, whatever, when you stop at a red light, the volume automatically decreased, and increases with hwy noise so your not constantly adjusting it.
Casper223 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Casper223 For This Useful Post:
Texas BRZ (09-24-2014)
Old 04-03-2015, 12:47 PM   #20
AncientCityFRS
Poker Player

Drives: FRS Release 1.0
Still no help to be found with adding Sirius to HU. A local shop in Jacksonville, who the dealer sends custom work to, told me that there have been problems with getting the interface kit to work. Anyone have success with this yet. Shop said they would try but couldn't guarantee it.
Attached Images

AncientCityFRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 10:45 AM   #21
AncientCityFRS
Poker Player

Drives: FRS Release 1.0
Bump
AncientCityFRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 11:28 AM   #22
Chimera

Drives: FRS
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientCityFRS View Post
Still no help to be found with adding Sirius to HU. A local shop in Jacksonville, who the dealer sends custom work to, told me that there have been problems with getting the interface kit to work. Anyone have success with this yet. Shop said they would try but couldn't guarantee it.
I used exactly that on the 13 FRS HU, and it worked. then I went after market
Chimera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 11:23 AM   #23
Chaetagnath

Drives: Whiteout FRS
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientCityFRS View Post
Others have done it on the Bespoke:

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7414
Chaetagnath is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bespoke manual, bespoke pioneer