follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > FR-S & 86 Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum

FR-S & 86 Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum All photos, videos and other media related to the Scion FR-S and Toyota 86

User Tag List

Old 05-19-2012, 06:00 PM   #43
Lonewolf

Drives: Moped
Thanked 2,131 Times in 1,195 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSxJunkie View Post
IF the oil was warm and it was a demo/press fleet car, it really is no big deal. It's stupid and pointless, but honestly nothing to cry about.
Who's crying? And we don't know IF it was warmed up...but I forgot, you're the only one entitled to an opinion around here

PS: Why did they remove the video if it's no big deal?
Lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 06:06 PM   #44
StuttterButtter
Yes i have a stutter

Drives: 94 Acura Integra
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bestwheelbase View Post
This is why I dislike dealerships. 'Nuff said.
The Toyota dealer i worked NO ONE was this stupid if some one was they get a ear full by are service manager. They did not tolerate this what so ever.

But i cant vouch for any other dealership
StuttterButtter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 07:37 PM   #45
Metallic BRZ

Drives: 1992 Corvette Z07
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopyalien24 View Post
Dammit, video removed....

Anyone got copy?
It is still in the other thread.

1992 Z07 Corvette
2008 Odyssey
2013 BRZ
Metallic BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 08:07 PM   #46
Snoopyalien24
Mr. Sarcasm

Drives: 2016 VW Jetta TSI Sport 5-Speed
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallic BRZ View Post
It is still in the other thread.
Nope
Snoopyalien24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 08:31 PM   #47
Metallic BRZ

Drives: 1992 Corvette Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopyalien24 View Post
Nope
I just looked. It shows up on my iPhone and iPad. Look in the commercial classified section.

1992 Z07 Corvette
2008 Odyssey
2013 BRZ
Metallic BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 08:52 PM   #48
Midship Runabout
formerly Dixie Normous

Drives: The ladies wild!
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxmn View Post

996 posts and 1 thank, so many of us have no brain, or do we
I was here before the frs was cool, before the "thanks" button, before the bandwagon, before frs was a name, and before the ft86 got ugly. Way back then. Before everyone bitched that a sports car was getting beat on.

I want to see more videos like this. I want to see quarter miles and track videos, with the motor screaming at redline and boiling tires off. Not videos of a spotless frs in a climate controlled garage like it seems most of people posting in this thread will do.

But then again I don't have a brain.
Old 05-19-2012, 09:29 PM   #49
Lonewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midship Runabout View Post
I was here before the frs was cool, before the "thanks" button, before the bandwagon, before frs was a name, and before the ft86 got ugly. Way back then. Before everyone bitched that a sports car was getting beat on.

I want to see more videos like this. I want to see quarter miles and track videos, with the motor screaming at redline and boiling tires off. Not videos of a spotless frs in a climate controlled garage like it seems most of people posting in this thread will do.

Uhhh no. We want to see the FRS pushed to its limits as well...just while it's actually being DRIVEN, instead of being redlined in a parking lot by people who don't even own the car...
Old 05-19-2012, 10:28 PM   #50
luxmn
First FR-S

Drives: Whiteout MT FRS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midship Runabout View Post

You're here first, good for you but I'm sad that you think bouncing redlines in neutral at stationary is the same as screaming at redline in a quarter mile run.

You and this dealer staff have the same problem of respecting others property, it has nothing to do with the damn car. again, if you insisting on benchmarking the car, take it to the track and do a proper review like others.

And lastly don't bitch me if I baby my car when im not racing. Hit your own kids if you want but don't lecture me to hit mine.
luxmn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to luxmn For This Useful Post:
Lonewolf (05-20-2012)
Old 05-19-2012, 11:01 PM   #51
ruskymx

Drives: 13 HotLava FRS, 93 4Runner, 97 Taco
I can do a VIN search on Monday and see what the VIN says on Monday about this car in Toyota's inventory system. I hope it doesn't come back a Category "H". Not sure where Toyota gets the "H" from but it means it's been RDR'd (Retail Delivery Report) which means it's been reported sold ina consumers name.

On a side note, I know for a fact I would not want one of the FRS's that were involved in the Yokohama/Scion ride and drive events. The cars I drove had 15-20 miles on them and many of the people that drove them, were beating on them pretty good. I'm not sure what the entire VINs were but some ended in 0079,0080, 0083, and 0084.

I'm guessing that they may have been pre-production cars and may never make it to the public's hands, but if they do.....beware. I'll admit, on my second drive, I had the tranny in manual mode and got close to the rev limiter on a few occasions. The Yoko/Scion people told us it was best to keep the tranny in 2nd for just about the entire course. I'm sure a good driver would've been able to carry enough momentum to get up to 3rd at some points, but I am not one of those drivers and neither was anyone else there that I saw when I was at the event.

The event staff joked about some people that had it in the wrong gear at times (1st) and were bouncing off the rev limiter. I hoping that since they were taking it so lightly is that those cars won't reach the general public and didn't really care much if they were abused.

Ruskymx
ruskymx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ruskymx For This Useful Post:
bestwheelbase (05-20-2012)
Old 05-20-2012, 06:22 AM   #52
matt30

Drives: 2004 Subaru WRX
Quote:
IF the oil was warm and it was a demo/press fleet car, it really is no big deal. It's stupid and pointless, but honestly nothing to cry about.
^this. Not really harmful at all. I've never seen an engine busted or engine life significantly shortened by bouncing off the rev limmiter. Especially with small displacement electronically controlled units like the fa20.

You harm the longevity of your engine more by not doing frequent oil changes in the first few hundred miles, not this kind of hooliganism.
matt30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 04:14 PM   #53
Big T

Drives: future FR-S
I expect rev limiter videos from all the people saying "its not a big deal" as soon as you take delivery. Look forward to it
Big T is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Big T For This Useful Post:
Lonewolf (05-20-2012)
Old 05-20-2012, 04:44 PM   #54
Lonewolf

Quote:
Irony...
Stupidity...just because you trade-in your cars every two years and don't care what happens in the long run to the motor, doesn't mean that we don't care about the longevity of our motors.

And I will restate, if it's "no big deal" why was the video removed by the poster?
Old 05-20-2012, 04:51 PM   #55
Lonewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt30 View Post
^this. Not really harmful at all. I've never seen an engine busted or engine life significantly shortened by bouncing off the rev limmiter. Especially with small displacement electronically controlled units like the fa20.

You harm the longevity of your engine more by not doing frequent oil changes in the first few hundred miles, not this kind of hooliganism.
Okay, so we expect you to give us some videos of you doing this with your car then...
Old 05-20-2012, 05:01 PM   #56
luxmn
First FR-S

Drives: Whiteout MT FRS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt30 View Post
By frequent you mean more than 1 times? In the first few hundreds miles? 1 every 200 300 or st? Did I miss that in the manual? I honestly want to know.
luxmn is offline   Reply With Quote