follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 03-10-2015, 03:52 PM   #911
Blue-Sensei

Drives: '14 WRB BRZ LTD Turbo
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by was385 View Post
I ordered mine on 2/14 and still haven't received a working one if it makes you feel any better about your wait time.
Fun, DD just responded saying that it'll be in this next batch. So maybe we'll get lucky.
Blue-Sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 04:06 PM   #912
was385

Drives: MT WRB BRZ Limited, 2007 911s
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-Sensei View Post
Fun, DD just responded saying that it'll be in this next batch. So maybe we'll get lucky.
I've lost all faith in them after how they've handled this situation with the faulty batch they sent out so I'm not holding my breath.
was385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 01:52 PM   #913
996garage

Drives: 03' NSX & 13' BRZ 6spd Ltd white
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Perhaps either it just takes a few drive cycles to get the product working correctly, or maybe the vibration of driving has shaken something free so that now the DD product is actually working for me!

As I mentioned in my earlier post, I started and stopped the engine a few times to check that it was working. When it didn't work in the daytime mode, I then swapped the relay back to stock to make sure the OEM functionality was still working ok.(which it was)

Then I switched the DD relay back in, and started the car, but it still was not working in the daytime mode where lights are turned off, and no DRL or boomerang were on. The nightime mode worked fine with the DRL's remaining on.

Then the following morning I drove to work with the unit still installed. As I drove off I double checked the lights, and it still was not working in the daytime mode. It was foggy out, so I ended up driving to work with the lights switched on.(DRL worked by staying on) However when I drove home yesterday afternoon, the daytime mode DRL and boomerang were on! I pulled over and played with it a bit, and it seems to be working just fine now!?

If you think you have a faulty product, maybe you just need to give it a few drive cycles so it starts working? Worth a try...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 996garage View Post
I appear to be having the same problem. (ordered on 2/17, and arrived today) I performed the simple install, and neither the DRL or boomerang come on unless I switch on the lights.

As you recommended, I removed the brown relay and replaced the stock one back, and now it works just like normal OEM. While testing I had the car running in neutral with parking brake off(brick behind wheels).

Forgot to add that the DRL's did come on now with the lights turned on.
996garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 10:47 PM   #914
Freude am Fahren

Drives: '13 DGM BRZ Limited/'14 Yamaha R6
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Must be something in the relay acting up. I wonder if a few pounds on the palm like a pack of cigs would have done the job...

Anyway, ordered mine last week in addition to some new Fogs, and an HID kit for my R6. Can't wait for the package to arrive.

-XXR 527 18x8.75 +35
-Nameless 2.5" OP/FP Combo (Coming soon) & Axleback
-SBD 500X (Waiting on coating to install)
-Southbend SBD500X Clutch
Freude am Fahren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 07:30 AM   #915
aaronglass
Artist / Audio Nerd

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ, Limited
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I ordered mine on March 6 and it's still in the "Preorder" phase despite saying 'In Stock' on your website.. any word?
Old 03-12-2015, 08:46 AM   #916
Jfheisenberg

Drives: 2015 BRZ Series Blue WRB
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I received mine yesterday! i was not expecting it since they never sent me a tracking number. Anyways, i can't wait to install mine.. Hopefully i get a chance on doing that this afternoon after work.
Jfheisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 11:23 AM   #917
Nissota

Drives: Subaru BRZ, Nissan 240sx
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Finally Ordered mine.... Cant wait for install....
1990 Nissan 240sx
www.revvolution.com
Nissota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 06:49 PM   #918
Jfheisenberg

Tried installing mine and failed. It looks like the kit that i got is defective .. And plus my lighting system is messed up. My tail lights does not turn on, my boomerang and fogs lights dont turn on neither.. Im so pissed , i made an appoiment with the dealer to look at it
Old 03-12-2015, 07:08 PM   #919
Diode Dynamics

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Thanked 1,761 Times in 877 Posts
Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfheisenberg View Post
Tried installing mine and failed. It looks like the kit that i got is defective .. And plus my lighting system is messed up. My tail lights does not turn on, my boomerang and fogs lights dont turn on neither.. Im so pissed , i made an appoiment with the dealer to look at it
We'd be happy to help if you want to give us a call! Sounds like the connections may not be plugged in all the way- they can be pretty tight. Or, did you perhaps try installing any other bulbs? A fuse may be blown, but this kit wouldn't have done that, and certainly wouldn't have affected the fog lamps in any way. Or maybe check that you replaced the correct relay? All modules are 100% tested working with no wiring issues now. Happy to help if you'd like to call in or email. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronglass View Post
I ordered mine on March 6 and it's still in the "Preorder" phase despite saying 'In Stock' on your website.. any word?
Should have shipped today, glad to check status if you'd like to email us at contact@diodedynamics.com

All orders for USDM kits have been shipped. JDM kits going out shortly, and many USDM now on the shelf, ready for immediate shipment. We certainly appreciate everyone's wait, and those of you who have stuck with us from the start, or are waiting to receive a replacement. Glad to say that your orders are shipped or on the way, and no more waiting for anyone looking to purchase. Thanks!
Diode Dynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 07:26 PM   #920
Jfheisenberg

[QUOTE=Diode Dynamics;2166696]We'd be happy to help if you want to give us a call! Sounds like the connections may not be plugged in all the way- they can be pretty tight. Or, did you perhaps try installing any other bulbs? A fuse may be blown, but this kit wouldn't have done that, and certainly wouldn't have affected the fog lamps in any way. Or maybe check that you replaced the correct relay? All modules are 100% tested working with no wiring issues now. Happy to help if you'd like to call in or email. Thanks!

I checked that, I made sure that it was plugged in all the way in and still nothing. Before installing the kit all my lighting system (front and rear) were working fine. After trying to install the kit, i noticed that the only DLR lights that were on were the stock ones, the boomerangs did not turn on at all. I checked all my cables, triple watch the youtube video you guys made and nothing. At this point, i remove the kit and put everything back to stock. This is when i realized that my light system is screw up. The boomerang does not turn all at all, my rear lights don't turn all neither. I tried calling you guys but i guess your office is closed..
Old 03-12-2015, 08:58 PM   #921
Jfheisenberg

OK so now that i put the lights back to stock, the following lights are not working:

Boomerangs
Side markers
Fog lights
Rear headlights
And the two license plate blubs.

Also, i try moving the light indicators to ON and the lights actually turn OFF, very weird. Its a problem for me now that i can't drive at night until i get this figure out and the dealer takes a look on saturday.

Any thoughts?
Old 03-12-2015, 10:03 PM   #922
shiumai

Drives: 2013 DGM BRZ, 2020 C8 Corvette
Thanked 1,893 Times in 787 Posts
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Ordered, received, installed, tested, works as advertised. thanks DD!
shiumai is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to shiumai For This Useful Post:
Diode Dynamics (03-13-2015)
Old 03-13-2015, 03:19 PM   #923
kelvinchu

Drives: WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Did you check your fuses? This happened to me before and I found that I have a blown fuse. Check your owner's manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfheisenberg View Post
OK so now that i put the lights back to stock, the following lights are not working:

Boomerangs
Side markers
Fog lights
Rear headlights
And the two license plate blubs.

Also, i try moving the light indicators to ON and the lights actually turn OFF, very weird. Its a problem for me now that i can't drive at night until i get this figure out and the dealer takes a look on saturday.

Any thoughts?
kelvinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 03:40 PM   #924
Jfheisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvinchu View Post
Did you check your fuses? This happened to me before and I found that I have a blown fuse. Check your owner's manual
I dont know how to check that, A friend that is a car electrician is going to help me identify the issue. So a single blown fuse will cause various lights to not work?

Last edited by Jfheisenberg; 03-13-2015 at 04:15 PM.