follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA

AUSTRALIA Australia and New Zealand

User Tag List

Old 05-16-2012, 04:52 AM   #29
Captain Snooze
Because compromise ®

Drives: Red Herring
Thanked 9,388 Times in 4,139 Posts
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hi newft86,
Thanks for taking the time to get us information.
On a slightly different subject can you tell us what the mentality/strategy/thinking is at Toyota Australia? My impression is that they really aren't doing too much to hype this car. Toyota's first sports car in how long and they are just sitting back relaxing doing nothing to reach out to potential owners. Now ,as I say, this is just my impression and TA maybe in a mad flurry getting ready for the release of this vehicle.
Are you able to shed any light on what is going on at HQ?

Regards
Captain Snooze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 11:48 AM   #30
JFC

Drives: 2015 86, 2015 Evo X
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Newft86, while we all appreciate your efforts I didn't sign up and give personal info to Toyota for Prius and Camry info or the fact to receive info from you on a free non Toyota endorsed forum, I appreciate your efforts but its not what I signed up for.

+ 1 for Captain Snooze question
JFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 07:26 PM   #31
Nafe

Drives: Mt Fuji Red 86 GT
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Did my post from last night get deleted?
Nafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:07 PM   #32
Nafe

My post last night went something along the lines of, but a little longer i think:

Why are people taking their frustration on out Andrew?? He isn’t a TMCA employee.... He is employed by a dealer, and usually everyone hates dealers so he’s doing better than most anyway, and he’s trying to help us as much as possible. He is giving us material/info as quickly as he gets it and is being upfront about everything. He is also volunteering to ask TMCA our questions! He doesn’t have to do that, but wants us all to be informed....
I, for one, really appreciate you trying to help us all, Andrew.
Thanks
Old 05-16-2012, 08:12 PM   #33
davey90
Akina Speed Stars

Drives: White 86 GTS Auto [CID- ***]
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to davey90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafe View Post
Did my post from last night get deleted?
nah didn't get deleted, was in a different thread, LOL!

8th comment.
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6336
Old 05-16-2012, 08:17 PM   #34
70NYD

Drives: RX8 S1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
My post last night went something along the lines of, but a little longer i think:

Why are people taking their frustration on out Andrew?? He isn’t a TMCA employee.... He is employed by a dealer, and usually everyone hates dealers so he’s doing better than most anyway, and he’s trying to help us as much as possible. He is giving us material/info as quickly as he gets it and is being upfront about everything. He is also volunteering to ask TMCA our questions! He doesn’t have to do that, but wants us all to be informed....
I, for one, really appreciate you trying to help us all, Andrew.
Thanks

I did actualy read this before, who knows why it got deleted?
I remember it because I completely agree thanks newft86 for going above and beyond what 99% of dealers out there do
And I also agree with JFC, with respect that I signed up to get info from Toyota about 86, but in the last how ever many months it has been, I received more updated from ubisoft for AC3 than I have from Toyota about 86 >:| disappointing a little

Edit

I knew I read it somewhere dammit thanks davey
Old 05-16-2012, 08:23 PM   #35
Nafe

Haha I realised why it sin’t here.... it was in the brochure thread :P
Old 05-17-2012, 10:44 AM   #36
newft86

Drives: 86 Every Chance I get!!!
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Snooze View Post
Hi newft86,
Thanks for taking the time to get us information.
On a slightly different subject can you tell us what the mentality/strategy/thinking is at Toyota Australia? My impression is that they really aren't doing too much to hype this car. Toyota's first sports car in how long and they are just sitting back relaxing doing nothing to reach out to potential owners. Now ,as I say, this is just my impression and TA maybe in a mad flurry getting ready for the release of this vehicle.
Are you able to shed any light on what is going on at HQ?

Regards
Nice nick' mate lol, i bought a bed from you once i'm sure of it or someone like you hehe.

I understand your question my friend but i'm not privvy to their decision making process unfortunately; but most likely your 2nd point is correct.

Listen guys i know h8rs gona hate but in all honesty, 86 is Toyota's baby, they're not going to rush it out and make a mistake. Remember that these vehicles are made not only by the number one brand in the world but they are a Japanese company and they are nothing but precise and coordinated in everything they do. I for one have worked for other large Japanese companies/brands in the past not the least of which was Subaru and i can assure you from personal experience - they plan everything to the last minute detail in advance. They are not deliberately making us wait for the sake of it, there are obviously reasons they have been doing things at the current pace and unfortunately as much as we want to know about everything to do with this vehicle now, we will just have to be patient.

TMCA have personally told us it will be worth the wait and i believe them - not because of what i do for a living, because i have seen the calibre of their products blossom from basic runaround transport to a global leading brand of all different kinds of motor vehicles and the one thing that is the constant throughout every Toyota product is that they are all renowned for their quality and reliability.

Also, please remember that it takes time to set the car up for Australian conditions as our roads and weather are different to Japan, not to mention all ADR's need to be complied with as well as safety ratings ADR's. There is a heck of alot of work involved in bringing a new car type for sale in Australia. I mean, how great would it be if you got your new car only to find out the camber of the wheels was set at the wrong angle and you scrub tyres out every 5,000 k's? That's just one example of the things that can go wrong on a vehicle if it has not been configured for Australian conditions - don't laugh that has happened before with another brand that shall remain nameless or another brand's vehicles that you constantly have to fight to control the steering to make the car go straight because the car was never set up for Australian roads properly? And that's just suspension. I remember in the past another brand of vehicle introduced to Australia with air conditioning so poor it wouldn't cool down a box on a mild day. Those are just some examples of cars in the past that have been rushed through to market without consideration for what Australian motorists expect/demand. i could go on all night but i don't want to bore you.

Personally, whilst i'm also impatient to learn the price and release date i know that these things will happen in due course.

Last edited by newft86; 05-17-2012 at 10:54 AM.
newft86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to newft86 For This Useful Post:
Captain Snooze (05-17-2012), davey90 (05-17-2012), FT-86 (05-28-2012), Nardi330 (05-17-2012), st162celica (05-17-2012)
Old 05-17-2012, 06:42 PM   #37
Captain Snooze
Because compromise ®

Drives: Red Herring
Thanked 9,388 Times in 4,139 Posts
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
newft86,
Thank you for taking the time to reply. I appreciate that we on the outside have no idea how a huge corporation like Toyota works. As you say, Toyota is a little larger than the fish'n'chip shop just down the road.

Cheers,
Captain Snooze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 08:21 AM   #38
newft86

Drives: 86 Every Chance I get!!!
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
You're welcome Cap'n Only reason i know a bit about the process of bringing in new cars is that i was involved in the consulting process to bring a new brand to Australia and no it wasn't Great Wall, the particular brand i speak of hasn't come out here yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Snooze View Post
newft86,
Thank you for taking the time to reply. I appreciate that we on the outside have no idea how a huge corporation like Toyota works. As you say, Toyota is a little larger than the fish'n'chip shop just down the road.

Cheers,
newft86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 08:38 AM   #39
Nafe

Infiniti??
I know it is on it's way
Old 05-28-2012, 08:41 AM   #40
davey90
Akina Speed Stars

Drives: White 86 GTS Auto [CID- ***]
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to davey90
Quote:
Infiniti??
I know it is on it's way
YES! G37
Old 05-28-2012, 08:42 AM   #41
Nardi330

Drives: 86
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Must be Tata lol
Nardi330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 08:55 AM   #42
FT-86
Future 86 Owner

Drives: Toyota 86 (Very Soon!)
Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by newft86 View Post
You're welcome Cap'n Only reason i know a bit about the process of bringing in new cars is that i was involved in the consulting process to bring a new brand to Australia and no it wasn't Great Wall, the particular brand i speak of hasn't come out here yet.
Japanese and not out yet.... Could it be _NF_N_T_ ... (Fill in the vowel)?
Heard that it will out in the third quarter this year.
FT-86 is offline   Reply With Quote