follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA

AUSTRALIA Australia and New Zealand

User Tag List

Old 05-09-2012, 10:52 PM   #15
Skorov

Drives: 86 GTS White
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafe View Post
No, it doesn’t automatically void warranty. It will void warranty on related parts *if* there is a failure that is related to the aftermarket part.
Eg. If you turbo your car and a strut leaks, that strut will still be covered by warranty. Likewise if you put coilovers in and your engine develops a knock that isn’t due to neglect, the engine still has warranty.
However, if you fit an aftermarket turbo kit and your engine leans out and blows up, that won’t be covered...
Doing modifications does not automatically void the warranty. Well not for most manufactures How can they say it is fair to void warranty on something not even related?
Oh, and the speculation regarding forced induction from TRD is for a supercharger kit, not a turbo kit. And if there is TRD kit available through the dealer network it would be unlikely that this would void warranty. There may be some limitations on the engine warranty, but i wouldn’t expect it would be void.

ANd if anyone is *seriosuly* intersted in aftermarket turbo kits, PM me. I know someone quite well who will be developng kits as soon as the car is released.
Ok, cheers for the info. And everyone else too. This is my first new car so I'm not too experienced with warranty and stuff like that.

Regarding turbo kits, I won't be doing this for at least a year. So if I'm still interested then, I'll PM you. =D
Skorov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:28 PM   #16
Varvs

Drives: '97 180SX Type X
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
the FA20 has been turbo'd for the next gen liberty/outback, pushing 300HP. removed toyotas D4S and has subaru in-house direct injection system.

guess i will just wait til 2013/14
Varvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 01:37 AM   #17
Nardi330

Drives: 86
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
so any update? price and spec info??
Nardi330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 01:38 AM   #18
stevo_12v

Drives: Mazda MX-6 Turbo, Toyota GTS86 37J
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nardi330 View Post
so any update? price and spec info??
I think we'll find out after the 4th of June
stevo_12v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 01:45 AM   #19
Nardi330

Drives: 86
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
maybe someone will leak it like they did in Japan????

newft86 is probably drank with too much champagne lol
Nardi330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 02:26 AM   #20
st162celica

Drives: 86 GTS Manual - Tornado Grey
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
I got a few questions ... .

1. Why didnt toyota have a competition like the first86 in the U.S.
2. Will toyota be throwing any parties for the people that have pre-ordered the 86 already.
3. Will there be a launch day at each dealership ? Will all customers with pre-orders be invited. ?
4. I rather opt out of the pre-launch party if it means I will get my car quicker.

that is all. thanks
st162celica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 03:19 AM   #21
Nafe

Drives: Mt Fuji Red 86 GT
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
1. Why would they? That was run by Scion USA. Not TMC as a whole. As far as I am aware there was nothing liek that anywher else in the world. Given that USA has the biggest market in the world fullstop, it is easier and mroe financially viable for them to do something like that. Given that our population is less than 10% of theirs, shoudl run a first 8.6 competition?
Nafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:04 AM   #22
st162celica

Drives: 86 GTS Manual - Tornado Grey
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
1. Why would they? That was run by Scion USA. Not TMC as a whole. As far as I am aware there was nothing liek that anywher else in the world. Given that USA has the biggest market in the world fullstop, it is easier and mroe financially viable for them to do something like that. Given that our population is less than 10% of theirs, shoudl run a first 8.6 competition?
Yeah I know what you mean. Yeah first 8.6 would be needed here.

There still needs to be some sort of event here. Given that it's Toyota first sports car in a while.

I got to go to a drive day when the last celica came out. Driving it around eastern creek raceway for a few laps. Then a hot lap with Neil bates drifting the celica around every corner. Was a pretty cool day. There was 30 of us. Not sure if it was a one off, or if there was another day for more people.
Got invited by signing up to receive info about the celica.

Signed up for the 86 alerts and i received 1 email from it ? Not even contacted once by a dealer.
st162celica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:17 AM   #23
JFC

Drives: 2015 86, 2015 Evo X
I signed up for details and received SFA, I get more horseshit about the Prius and Camry.
JFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 12:59 PM   #24
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 25,002 Times in 11,401 Posts
Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
I may be able to help explain. When the 1st86 went to Long Beach, CA and met with Jack Hollis (head of Scion) he basically said that the whole first 86 promotion was the brainchild of the Scion Marketing and him (all 4 or so of them, their entire corporate staff is less than 30 for 900 dealers). He said it cause a huge firestorm with Toyota because of the logistics and such involved around getting the 86 cars, in the right configuration, early enough in the production and shipping cycles.

Basically Scion has independent marketing plans and pretty free reign over what they do and are not associated with Toyota marketing.

Hopes that helps.
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:55 PM   #25
newft86

Drives: 86 Every Chance I get!!!
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Hi guys - no i haven't drunk too much champers' Nafe lol. Been a busy week as we are leading up to the end of the financial year also. Unfortunately alot of people are finding out it's almost too late to get a new van/ute in diesel before the end of the financial year. We still have some available but their getting scarce....anyway back to 86.

I see you've all been busy since i started this thread :P That's a good thing. For the most part alot of answers have been given by some of our forum mates (the warranty questions and the like) which has saved me a bit of time. As for the person who asked about how to finance? Static' answered that one but there is another way, you could call your local dealer and ask to speak to a business manager about your options to finance a new car for around 40k (that's not admission on pricing for the 86 by the way just a guesstimate) which will give you a reasonably clear indication of how to go about it when the time comes.

Now i can't speak on behalf of other dealers but our dealership is taking preorders for October 2012 already, so you may wish to preorder a vehicle first then discuss financing because there would be no point in getting preapproved on a loan if you then have to wait months for a car because loan preapprovals usually have an expiry date which means once it has expired you would most likely have to go through the application process all over again.

Keep the questions coming guys and gals - i can't wait to see the look on the Toyota rep's faces when i hand em' over for answers
newft86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:32 AM   #26
Captain Snooze
Because compromise ®

Drives: Red Herring
Thanked 9,388 Times in 4,139 Posts
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFC View Post
I signed up for details and received SFA, I get more horseshit about the Prius and Camry.
[rant]
Yeah, I really don't understand Toyota Australia's marketing department. I had a similar thing happen to me. "Yeah, I was interested in Toyota's only sports car but because you sent me info on a totally unrelated car I will buy a Kluger instead." Wtf is that? I get the impression Toyota Australia is just sitting back laughing because they don't have to do anything. I am thinking most buyers won't need any convincing to purchase the car, they have already trawled the internet.
[/rant]
Captain Snooze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 03:45 AM   #27
JFC

Drives: 2015 86, 2015 Evo X
Another part out there somewhere said register here and a Dealer will be in contact shortly, well that was 3 weeks ago, have not received a dam thing, should of realized that TMCA hasn't released anything so what has a dealer to offer me.
JFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 04:10 AM   #28
newft86

Drives: 86 Every Chance I get!!!
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Well JFC, i too understand the frustration everyone has been going through so i am trying to give it a focus in order to get some actual results. In other words i am trying to provide you with details - that's what this dealer employee is trying to do for you.
newft86 is offline   Reply With Quote