follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions

Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions Discuss all other cars and automotive news here.

User Tag List

Old 12-31-2014, 04:09 PM   #43
mike the snake

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
This is the car I'm hopefully buying
Attached Images

mike the snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 05:05 PM   #44
joe strummer

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Here's one in Honolulu. https://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/cto/4781539573.html
joe strummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 05:28 PM   #45
Ultramaroon
chicken tonight

Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Thanked 36,575 Times in 18,958 Posts
Mentioned: 1108 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
I agree with Mike.
Old 01-01-2015, 12:26 AM   #46
LSxJunkie
Douchebag

Drives: 2014 Mustang GT
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
That Ring Brothers SEMA Pantera is crossing the block at Barrett Jackson this year.
Old 01-01-2015, 09:49 PM   #47
mike the snake

I watched that vid on the Ring Bro's Pantera, and I really didn't like what they did there very much with that car.
Chevy engine?
Old 01-06-2015, 02:02 AM   #48
swarb

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,271 Posts
Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
That yellow pantera has mirrors from the twins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlasMick View Post
I would have this Pantera...

swarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 08:20 AM   #49
AtlasMick

Drives: FR-S 2013 Asphalt
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by swarb View Post
That yellow pantera has mirrors from the twins!
I never noticed that!! Awesome.
AtlasMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 11:19 AM   #50
mike the snake

3 weeks and I'll hopefully be transporting my new (to me) Pantera race car home!
The Following User Says Thank You to mike the snake For This Useful Post:
EAGLE5 (01-06-2015)
Old 01-06-2015, 12:11 PM   #51
Re~Mix

Drives: 13' Scion FRS MT
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Always awesome to see someone play the what if game, seek out their dream car and buy it!

A friend just purchased a gently used 2013 Ferrari 458 Italia that I had the pleasure to see over NYE. Still a long way out before my next car purchase :-/
Re~Mix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 01:49 PM   #52
mike the snake

Well, I sold my BRZ in a hurry, lowered the price to sell quickly. A nice guy from Indiana flew in and bought the car, drove it home, and is happy with the car.

I went and bought my dream Pantera! A perfect, white, 1972 Pre-L Pantera, owned for the the last 30 years by a guy who at one point was the president of the Pantera Owners club of America.

The man, and the car, both, are well known in the Pantera community.

The engine is a 351 bored out to 408, basically a Sprint car engine, about 600-650 HP monster engine with ITB's and EFI powered by Haltech.

The thing is a monster, faster than anything I've ever driven.

Here's where the story takes the turn though.

I drove the car around for a tankfull's worth of gas, then put the car on a friend's lift to change the oils.

Upon starting the car after changing the fluids, the car fired for 1/2 second and died.

I spent days troubleshooting, to finally find out the rotor/distributor isn't turning. This explained why we had no spark, and no oil pressure while i was cranking the motor over.

I installed a new distributor drive gear pin (which had sheared, a known issue with Fords), and upon cranking the motor over, hoping the problem was solved, the instant I hit the key I heard a "tink" and the new pin snapped again.

SO, I THINK I have a jammed oil pump. A guy is coming over in a few minutes to help me pull the oil pan, and I'll know the whole story.

This is a $30,000 engine, I just hope ad pray it's something singular, and stupid/simple, a piece of gasket or something, whatever, as long as it doesn't show signs of somethig else giving out, which would require the engine/gearbox to come out for a rebuild.

I'm devastated. I sold my BRZ to buy my dream car, and now it's sitting dead in my garage. This totally sucks.

Like my recent heart surgery though, even though this is "worst case", I'm hoping it is fixable and I'll have my new dream car back on the road.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mike the snake For This Useful Post:
EAGLE5 (02-16-2015), Koa (02-16-2015), Tcoat (02-16-2015)
Old 02-16-2015, 01:51 PM   #53
Koa
Sweeper

Drives: '02 RA Bugeye | '15 FRS
Thanked 1,488 Times in 788 Posts
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike the snake View Post
Well, I sold my BRZ in a hurry, lowered the price to sell quickly. A nice guy from Indiana flew in and bought the car, drove it home, and is happy with the car.

I went and bought my dream Pantera! A perfect, white, 1972 Pre-L Pantera, owned for the the last 30 years by a guy who at one point was the president of the Pantera Owners club of America.

The engine is a 351 bored out to 408, basically a Sprint car engine, about 600-650 HP monster engine with ITB's and EFI powered by Haltech.

I drove the car around for a tankfull's worth of gas, then put the car on a friend's lift to change the oils.

Upon starting the car after changing the fluids, the car fired for 1/2 second and died.

I spent days troubleshooting, to finally find out the rotor/distributor isn't turning. This explained why we had no spark, and no oil pressure while i was cranking the motor over.

I installed a new distributor drive gear pin (which had sheared, a known issue with Fords), and upon cranking the motor over, hoping the problem was solved, the instant I hit the key I heard a "tink" and the new pin snapped again.

SO, I THINK I have a jammed oil pump. A guy is coming over in a few minutes to help me pull the oil pan, and I'll know the whole story.

This is a $30,000 engine, I just hope ad pray it's something singular, and stupid/simple, a piece of gasket or something, whatever, as long as it doesn't show signs of somethig else giving out, which would require the engine/gearbox to come out for a rebuild.

I'm devastated. I sold my BRZ to buy my dream car, and now it's sitting dead in my garage. This totally sucks.

Like my recent heart surgery though, even though this is "worst case", I'm hoping it is fixable and I'll have my new dream car back on the road.
The night is darkest just before dawn brotha.. keep us posted
Koa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 01:56 PM   #54
cdrazic93
Junior

Drives: a car
Thanked 2,512 Times in 1,502 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
In for videos of start up and revs.
"Ah! What music! They could have never imagined, those pioneers who invented the automobile, that it would posses us like this, our imaginations, our dreams. Men love women, but even more than that, men love CARS!"-Lord Hesketh
cdrazic93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 03:09 PM   #55
dem00n
Member of the year - 2016

Drives: Scion FRS
Thanked 2,427 Times in 1,111 Posts
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Have you contacted the owner? Maybe he knows a thing or two. If he's cool, he'd help out the best he can with info.
Old 02-16-2015, 03:13 PM   #56
Rampage
Senior Member/Old Fanboi

Drives: 2000 2ZZ-GE MR2 Spyder HT
Thanked 2,014 Times in 915 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike the snake View Post

Therein lies the problem with buying classic or one of a kind, modified, used cars. If something goes wrong it can turn the dream into a nightmare. Best of luck to you. Hopefully, it is something simple and cheap to fix.