follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 10-22-2014, 10:34 AM   #757
f0rge
head of infinite swagger

Drives: 2013 FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Driver View Post
Hey no worries @f0rge I figured you might be in the middle of something when I sent the invite so I picked up some bounties and went to Venus to start farming. Worked out for me in the long run, I actually completed 3 bounties just while we were running around. The first time I used the Ward of Dawn when we were fighting those Vex I actually had to use the restroom and couldn't hold it any longer, so that's kind of why I just sat there for about 3 minutes not helping.

Do you have a mike? Did you hear me trying to talk to you? I just have the mike that came with my XB1 and it's not the best but it works. I also have my voice set to blended so that way if someone starts trying to talk to me I hear it come through my sound system speakers (I don't wear the mike when I'm running around solo).
Lol during the public event? Great time time to have to use the bathroom! I'm pretty sure I died lol.

I couldn't hear you no, I don't think this game has in-game chat, i think we need to be in a party together. X1 is a real step backwards from 360 in that regard, way too hard to get parties working.

That's a sweet hand cannon btw, did you get it from a purple engram? I looked and New Monarchy doesn't appear to sell it.
2013 Ultramarine FR-S 6MT - Car Journal - SOLD
2004 AlpineWhite M3 6MT - SOLD
f0rge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 11:55 AM   #758
53Driver
T64-416Ax3=13,140shp

Drives: 2002 AP1 and 2015 F-150 EB (DD)
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by f0rge View Post
Lol during the public event? Great time time to have to use the bathroom! I'm pretty sure I died lol.

I couldn't hear you no, I don't think this game has in-game chat, i think we need to be in a party together. X1 is a real step backwards from 360 in that regard, way too hard to get parties working.

That's a sweet hand cannon btw, did you get it from a purple engram? I looked and New Monarchy doesn't appear to sell it.
When I left, it wasn't a public event! You and that other guy were blasting the random Vex bots and I had to go since you had joined me at the Ember caves. I told my girlfriend I couldn't wait any longer so I put up the Ward of Dawn to protect me and figured if you all wanted a place to shelter it would work for you too. By the time I got back, the craziness had started and my girlfriend's son was like "you almost died so I moved you behind some rocks" lol. That's when I got back into the fight.

Hmmm, that's weird about us not being able to talk because I figured when I sent the invite and you joined me we should be able to? The other night when I helped a couple of guys on the their strike they sent me the invite while they were running the strike. Once I joined I was able to talk to both of them with no issues. We need to try again and see if we have the same issue again.

Actually, my Red Hand IX was awarded to me off of a public event. I got a blue engram and it got decrypted into that hand cannon. My gauntlents and my rocket launcher I got from rewards too. My epic chest piece and legendary helmet, leg armor and armor mark I bought.

I am jealous of your Ice Breaker. I was telling my girlfriend about it but I don't think she really got the "cool" factor of it lol.
53Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 01:37 PM   #759
n2oinferno
Praise Helix!

Drives: Accord 2.0T, Silverado
Thanked 2,208 Times in 1,072 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Just have everyone join the fireteam. Then you can chat. Or at least that's how it works on PS4.
n2oinferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 02:31 PM   #760
f0rge
head of infinite swagger

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by n2oinferno View Post
Just have everyone join the fireteam. Then you can chat. Or at least that's how it works on PS4.
That's how it should work lol. Sadly it's very different on Xbox.

You have to join a party using an out of game party app, then separately join the fireteam. One to talk, one to play. Then the party chat doesn't work like 40% of the time and you have to leave and rejoin the party 2-3 times before you can talk to anyone.

Like I said a big step back from X360 and needlessly difficult, one of my few but major gripes about the X1.
Old 10-22-2014, 02:35 PM   #761
f0rge
head of infinite swagger

Garage
Quote:
Actually, my Red Hand IX was awarded to me off of a public event. I got a blue engram and it got decrypted into that hand cannon. My gauntlents and my rocket launcher I got from rewards too. My epic chest piece and legendary helmet, leg armor and armor mark I bought.

I am jealous of your Ice Breaker. I was telling my girlfriend about it but I don't think she really got the "cool" factor of it lol.
Icebreaker was a must buy when Xur had it, sadly still my only exotic weapon. I have the bounty for a pocket infinity almost done but I'm lazy and I don't use fusion rifles.

I've had terrible RNG luck for primary weapons, I have legendary secondary and heavy coming out my ass (2 snipers, 1 fusion, 1 shotgun, 2 machine guns and 3 rocket launchers) but only ever got 2 primaries and both were terrible pulse rifles
Old 10-22-2014, 08:50 PM   #762
53Driver
T64-416Ax3=13,140shp

Quote:
Icebreaker was a must buy when Xur had it, sadly still my only exotic weapon. I have the bounty for a pocket infinity almost done but I'm lazy and I don't use fusion rifles.

I've had terrible RNG luck for primary weapons, I have legendary secondary and heavy coming out my ass (2 snipers, 1 fusion, 1 shotgun, 2 machine guns and 3 rocket launchers) but only ever got 2 primaries and both were terrible pulse rifles
Yep I don't like pulse or fusion rifles either. Shotguns are good for up close but I already have a hand cannon that does great too and I love having the sniper not only for long distance plucking but because you can scope the area out. I have the exotic for Invictis or whatever it's called but been pretty lazy myself on finishing it.
Old 10-23-2014, 10:05 AM   #763
n2oinferno
Praise Helix!

Quote:
Yep I don't like pulse or fusion rifles either. Shotguns are good for up close but I already have a hand cannon that does great too and I love having the sniper not only for long distance plucking but because you can scope the area out. I have the exotic for Invictis or whatever it's called but been pretty lazy myself on finishing it.
Invective is outstanding at close quarter combat. Normally it'll take shotgun+melee to down someone, but since Invective is full auto you can easily pop off two rounds instead. I'm working on upgrading mine as quick as possible to get the extra stability, because if you start full auto rounds looking at their knees, after three shots you're pointed at the ceiling if you don't correct enough.

Hardest part of the quest line was the 25 kill spread. But assists count, so if you play safe and stay near your team, or get a great group for Skirmish, it shouldn't be too bad. Then you have to spend like 13k on ammo synths.. yeah.

I got my Bad Juju unlocked too. One of the best looking guns in the game, but the small magazine really puts a damper on it.
The Following User Says Thank You to n2oinferno For This Useful Post:
53Driver (10-23-2014)
Old 10-24-2014, 08:44 AM   #764
53Driver
T64-416Ax3=13,140shp

Quote:
Invective is outstanding at close quarter combat. Normally it'll take shotgun+melee to down someone, but since Invective is full auto you can easily pop off two rounds instead. I'm working on upgrading mine as quick as possible to get the extra stability, because if you start full auto rounds looking at their knees, after three shots you're pointed at the ceiling if you don't correct enough.

Hardest part of the quest line was the 25 kill spread. But assists count, so if you play safe and stay near your team, or get a great group for Skirmish, it shouldn't be too bad. Then you have to spend like 13k on ammo synths.. yeah.

I got my Bad Juju unlocked too. One of the best looking guns in the game, but the small magazine really puts a damper on it.

So I picked up the Bad Juju bounty last night. Looking at it, it appears to be more doable than the Invictive bounty. I did the Crucible a few times last night seeing how I'd fare, done much better on average than in the past but I'm not sure how I'll ever get the 25 kill spread without being on a dedicated team running together in the Crucible, who's willing to "protect" me. I'd get half way there on the spread and then I'd get zapped and it would reset. Argh. At least with the Bad Juju bounty it's just gaining points from kills with no reset or penalty for dying.

@MokSpeed @f0rge are you guys interested in running the weekly tonight? I need to run it for the first half of my Bad Juju bounty and I need strange coins.
Old 10-24-2014, 09:38 AM   #765
f0rge
head of infinite swagger

Garage
Quote:
@MokSpeed @f0rge are you guys interested in running the weekly tonight? I need to run it for the first half of my Bad Juju bounty and I need strange coins.
Can't tonight sadly, going out with friends. I should be around most of the day/night Saturday and Sunday though.
The Following User Says Thank You to f0rge For This Useful Post:
53Driver (10-24-2014)
Old 10-24-2014, 09:39 AM   #766
n2oinferno
Praise Helix!

Quote:
So I picked up the Bad Juju bounty last night. Looking at it, it appears to be more doable than the Invictive bounty. I did the Crucible a few times last night seeing how I'd fare, done much better on average than in the past but I'm not sure how I'll ever get the 25 kill spread without being on a dedicated team running together in the Crucible, who's willing to "protect" me. I'd get half way there on the spread and then I'd get zapped and it would reset. Argh. At least with the Bad Juju bounty it's just gaining points from kills with no reset or penalty for dying.
Bad Juju is definitely the easier of them, but the 25 spread for Invective doesn't reset when you die once. You get one point for every kill or assist, and lose one for each. Like I said, get a couple of people in Skirmish and stay together, but not so close that a single titan smash or void bomb will take you out. Cooperation is key to getting that step done. I was struggling at first, but after linking up with my fireteam I had it done in three rounds.

Also, Bad Juju sits in my vault right now because Invective is a demon on the battlefield and also a great way to dispatch Minotaurs that get too close.
The Following User Says Thank You to n2oinferno For This Useful Post:
53Driver (10-24-2014)
Old 10-24-2014, 09:40 AM   #767
f0rge
head of infinite swagger

Garage
Xur has Suros Regime today, grabbed it since I missed it last time. My first primary exotic.

Feels like a bit of a waste since I already have a nearly maxed Shadow Price and I've been all aboard the hand cannon train recently. Oh well seems like a great gun at least.
The Following User Says Thank You to f0rge For This Useful Post:
53Driver (10-24-2014)
Old 10-24-2014, 10:07 AM   #768
Andrew025

Drives: Neptune GR86
Thanked 3,505 Times in 1,806 Posts
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Don't think I'm buying anything from xur this week.
Already have the warlock piece, already have an exotic auto rifle (Monte Carlo), don't care to gamble on the engram, don't care about buying stuff for other characters yet.
Old 10-24-2014, 10:13 AM   #769
53Driver
T64-416Ax3=13,140shp

Quote:
Can't tonight sadly, going out with friends. I should be around most of the day/night Saturday and Sunday though.
No worries, tonight might be a little busy on my end too but I'm hoping to get on for an hour or so tonight. I'm sure I can find someone to run it with. Are you interested in joining a clan? The one that MokSpeed and I played with the last 2 nights seems pretty good. Might want to check them out. "Rogues of Radiance" on the Destiny website/APP. I know they asked MokSpeed to join, not sure if he is going to or not.

Quote:
Bad Juju is definitely the easier of them, but the 25 spread for Invective doesn't reset when you die once. You get one point for every kill or assist, and lose one for each. Like I said, get a couple of people in Skirmish and stay together, but not so close that a single titan smash or void bomb will take you out. Cooperation is key to getting that step done. I was struggling at first, but after linking up with my fireteam I had it done in three rounds.

Also, Bad Juju sits in my vault right now because Invective is a demon on the battlefield and also a great way to dispatch Minotaurs that get too close.
Thanks for the info, I thought it reset everytime you die. Sounds more doable now. I'm sure I can get a couple rounded up for a few rounds of skirmish.
Old 10-24-2014, 10:52 AM   #770
MokSpeed
Granny Shifter

Drives: 2014 FR-S
Thanked 1,289 Times in 711 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the info, I thought it reset everytime you die. Sounds more doable now. I'm sure I can get a couple rounded up for a few rounds of skirmish.

I joined the clan. My main clan are all still on Xbox 360 so I see no reason to wait on them if they aren't upgrading anytime soon!

As for the 25+ KD Spread there is another alternative that you could try. Though it could be seen as a d**k move you could always just play control and camp a site with sniper rifle and not worry about capturing the whole game and just rack up kills. It sounds messed up but if people knew it were for an exotic bounty I'm sure people would do the same given the opportunity.

Also I won't be able to play at all this weekend as I will be out of town. Pretty bummed too because I heard Xur has the SUROS Regime again this weekend which I would've definitely purchased.
MokSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MokSpeed For This Useful Post:
53Driver (10-24-2014)