follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 10-12-2014, 02:28 PM   #365
BRZBYE

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ (Limited, Black)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
So I installed mine last night and used the hardware they provided for the midpipe to frontpipe connection and for the midpipe to axleback connection. After getting it all tight and hangers hooked up, the backmost hangers are bunched up (they appear to be too long almost). I saw other people post here with that issue. Should I have used the stock hardware (big springs on the midpipe to frontpipe connection)? Or maybe I need an extended hanger for the midpipe hanger instead of the stock one. If I could get some advice that would be great because not having the backmost hangers attached is making my tail pipes rub against the plastic bumper
BRZBYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 06:14 AM   #366
Foobar
SLO NO MO

Drives: '19 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Thanked 1,062 Times in 738 Posts
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRZBYE View Post
So I installed mine last night and used the hardware they provided for the midpipe to frontpipe connection and for the midpipe to axleback connection. After getting it all tight and hangers hooked up, the backmost hangers are bunched up (they appear to be too long almost). I saw other people post here with that issue. Should I have used the stock hardware (big springs on the midpipe to frontpipe connection)? Or maybe I need an extended hanger for the midpipe hanger instead of the stock one. If I could get some advice that would be great because not having the backmost hangers attached is making my tail pipes rub against the plastic bumper
Did you remove the stock donut gasket?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Foobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 10:24 PM   #367
BRZBYE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foobar View Post
Did you remove the stock donut gasket?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
That thing that looked like lead and was at the midpipe to frontpipe connection? Yes I did remove that. Thanks for your reply by the way!
Old 10-13-2014, 10:27 PM   #368
Foobar
SLO NO MO

Drives: '19 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Thanked 1,062 Times in 738 Posts
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
That thing that looked like lead and was at the midpipe to frontpipe connection? Yes I did remove that. Thanks for your reply by the way!
Yep, that's the one. I thought if you left that in there it would explain the spacing problem.

Since that part is eliminated, I'm at a loss as to why it's not fitting right for you. Have you tried loosening everything and then tightening back to front? When I had this exhaust, it fit perfectly without any issues with the stock hangers.
Foobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 11:29 PM   #369
Gixxersixxerman

Drives: Toyota GT86, 66 beetle, 11 GSXR 750
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Just a FYI... Greddy discountinued the EVO3.. We went to make our orders and it showed that.. Called Greddy and they told us yes discountinued.. Beginning of next year a new version is being rolled out, that the was switching manufacturers, which I thought they made these themselves.. Anyway.. Mine is sold and no more of this version.. Only way to get one now is if a dealer has any left in stock
Gixxersixxerman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gixxersixxerman For This Useful Post:
SkyeHack (07-24-2018)
Old 10-14-2014, 09:12 PM   #370
BRZBYE

I unbolted the axleback from the midpipe and it did not hang freely, it was very much being pushed to the back of the car. I also noticed the midpipe's flange and the axleback's flange were nowhere close to being perfectly aligned with one-another. The midpipe's flange was hanging considerably lower and to the drivers side of the car, versus the axleback's flange. When I bolted everything together, it definitely pulls the whole axleback to the drivers side of the car and pushes the tailpipes slightly upward, which is slightly more pronounced on the drivers side.

Does anyone know if there is any adjustment for the frontpipe to midpipe connection? If that connection can be moved around, it will be a very easy fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxersixxerman View Post
Just a FYI... Greddy discountinued the EVO3.. We went to make our orders and it showed that.. Called Greddy and they told us yes discountinued.. Beginning of next year a new version is being rolled out, that the was switching manufacturers, which I thought they made these themselves.. Anyway.. Mine is sold and no more of this version.. Only way to get one now is if a dealer has any left in stock
Good info! I believe TRUST owns Greddy, so I would think the EVO3 is made by TRUST, or they have another company that works exclusively for them, like a contract. If thats the case they probably have many companies on contract.
Old 10-20-2014, 05:22 PM   #371
IAMTHEWG

Drives: Scion Fr-s
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Here's a clip of my EVO3. It has the mods that are in my dog. I've got the trunk, rear deck, and doors sound deadened. Even with that it is LOUD. I'm considering the Supreme SP but I love the way the EVO3 sounds so much that it will be hard for me to make the change.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7KE3NMe0rw"]Scion FR-S Greddy Evo 3 and Bolt Ons - YouTube[/ame]
-Greddy Evo3 Catback
-LEDs In and Out, LED Fogs, Hids
IAMTHEWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 11:27 AM   #372
BRZBYE

I've had my evo3 on for about 500 miles and don't have the silencers in. To be honest its really not that bad now. Some people say that there is a break in period and initially I thought it was BS. But IMO its not nearly as loud now. I could just be getting used to it or maybe it really does have a break in period (if so, I don't understand what exactly needs to be "broken in" as its a very simple part).

I did a country road cruise with a buddy who has an 02 WRX, and he said that the my car sounded really good when he was driving behind me. I also got a compliment from my window tint guy on the sound as well. Overall I'm really happy with my Greddy EVO3 Catback. Greddy is a brand I have a lot of faith in and the EVO3 is pretty affordable for a name brand catback, let alone a 2.75" piped catback.
Old 01-27-2015, 12:17 PM   #373
aimsleep

Drives: Scion Frs 10 Series
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
is there anyone who is willing to sell their evo 3 silencer?
aimsleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 12:40 PM   #374
Koa
Sweeper

Drives: '02 RA Bugeye | '15 FRS
Thanked 1,488 Times in 788 Posts
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
I've had my evo3 on for about 500 miles and don't have the silencers in. To be honest its really not that bad now. Some people say that there is a break in period and initially I thought it was BS. But IMO its not nearly as loud now. I could just be getting used to it or maybe it really does have a break in period (if so, I don't understand what exactly needs to be "broken in" as its a very simple part).

I did a country road cruise with a buddy who has an 02 WRX, and he said that the my car sounded really good when he was driving behind me. I also got a compliment from my window tint guy on the sound as well. Overall I'm really happy with my Greddy EVO3 Catback. Greddy is a brand I have a lot of faith in and the EVO3 is pretty affordable for a name brand catback, let alone a 2.75" piped catback.
Looks damn sexy to boot.. if I didn't get my FT86SFV2 for $200 I would have went this route for sure. Love Greddy's stuff
Koa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 11:47 AM   #375
nphillip

Drives: BRZ
Excuse my ignorance but is it fair to say that we get less 'drone' with this exhaust if we're driving an auto transmission?

Also, for anyone who has heard the JUN.BL exhaust, how much louder is the Greddy EVO3 compared to the JUN.BL?
nphillip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 11:07 PM   #376
bryan767

Drives: 13' AVO Whiteout
Garage
Not sure about the auto^
But consider welding in a vibrant ultra quiet resonator (would need to get the inlet/outlet stretched to 2.75 by exhaust shop), my AVO turbo FRS with 2.75 no cat/nonresonated front pipe, and Greddy evo3 catback drones so much that it started to give me a headache after about two minutes.

I added the vibrant and it drastically reduced dB, any and all rasp, and kept it nice and low.
Unfortunately it still drones a little to much for my liking so I'm adding a stubby magnaflow race muffler to improve that.

Last edited by bryan767; 08-16-2015 at 04:34 PM.
bryan767 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bryan767 For This Useful Post:
Hawk77FT (11-29-2016)