follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 04-11-2012, 04:39 AM   #1
Qnzkid90

Drives: Genesis Coupe 2.0T
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
BRZ lease

Has anyone here spoken to any dealers about possibly leasing the brz? I'm deciding between this and the genesis coupe but have not heard anything about leasing the brz. I would finance but I kind of like the idea of changing cars every few years anyway any info would help. Congrats to everyone who has gotten their brz pre ordered and shout out to all my potential nyc brz owners.
Qnzkid90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:48 AM   #2
Sportsguy83
I Love custom Turbo kits

Drives: Limited BRZ
Thanked 8,344 Times in 4,361 Posts
Mentioned: 441 Post(s)
Tagged: 12 Thread(s)
Garage
How about you call your local dealer and let us know what they tell you
Sportsguy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:57 AM   #3
yeabude

Drives: 94 300ZXTT,08TL typeS,93RX7TT, BRZ
I'll be leasing my brz when it finally gets here. I've spoken with my salesmen and they dpnt have any info on it just yet such as interest rate or rebate deals. Pretty much have to wait until its there.
yeabude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:48 PM   #4
andcas7

Drives: 2012 Lexus IS250 F-Sport
If it is your first time leasing just make sure that is really what you want to do, (if it is not your first time just disregard my post LOL) I made a mistake by doing my first lease, and I wish I had just financed instead; the lower monthly payments don't make up for having no car in the end of the lease, or not being able to get out of your lease easily.

In other words, right now I'm on a lease on a car that after a few months I realized how boring it is (Corolla) and I am stuck with it for at least another 7 months now, making it harder if not impossible for me to get the FR-S/BRZ when I want it, or at least at the price that makes sense.

Just my 2 cents. It's better to have the car, even if it takes 5-6 years to pay it off, at least you end up with something you can use towards another one, or gives you time to make intelligent decisions on another car in the future.

In my case I want to get the FR-S/BRZ and keep it until it dies completely.
andcas7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:59 PM   #5
tripjammer

Drives: WRB BRZ limited 6MT
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by andcas7 View Post
If it is your first time leasing just make sure that is really what you want to do, (if it is not your first time just disregard my post LOL) I made a mistake by doing my first lease, and I wish I had just financed instead; the lower monthly payments don't make up for having no car in the end of the lease, or not being able to get out of your lease easily.

In other words, right now I'm on a lease on a car that after a few months I realized how boring it is (Corolla) and I am stuck with it for at least another 7 months now, making it harder if not impossible for me to get the FR-S/BRZ when I want it, or at least at the price that makes sense.

Just my 2 cents. It's better to have the car, even if it takes 5-6 years to pay it off, at least you end up with something you can use towards another one, or gives you time to make intelligent decisions on another car in the future.

In my case I want to get the FR-S/BRZ and keep it until it dies completely.
You can easily get out of a lease, you just have to have a good dealer who knows how to do it.
tripjammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 03:07 PM   #6
eikond
Wish Nissan made one

Drives: '13 WRB BRZ Premium
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripjammer View Post
You can easily get out of a lease, you just have to have a good dealer who knows how to do it.
Agreed!

Leases have residual values that move downward with each payment just like the principle value declines on a loan as you make each payment.

One of the issues that many people face is that sales tax isn't charged up front on a lease, but rather, you pay the sales tax on each monthly payment. This comes up as an issue at the time you consider buying out the lease because you then have to pay tax on the remaining value.. which typically adds over $1k to the buyout value. You don't pay more tax overall.. you just time it differently. Also, you can "trade it in" to the dealer.. Dealers don't have to pay taxes, so they skip that tax.

I love leases for expensive cars.. You get a garaunteed value for the end of the term and pay only for the depreciation during the time period that you own it. So typically you get lower payments.

A really nice feature about that end value is that it's often lower than the real value of the car.. and you can buy it then and get a good deal.

I've made money on lease end purchases twice!

But, andcas was right.. you need to know what you are getting into before you take on a lease contract.
eikond is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to eikond For This Useful Post:
yeabude (04-11-2012)