follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 06-05-2014, 03:20 PM   #43
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 24,994 Times in 11,399 Posts
Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MokSpeed View Post
Steam sales......AKA "why is my bank account empty?"
My sons get me Steam credits rather than neckties for gifts. Free guilt free gaming for me! (now that they all have jobs and I'm not giving them money to buy me a gift)

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dadhawk For This Useful Post:
Eurasianman (06-10-2014)
Old 06-05-2014, 03:50 PM   #44
wheelhaus

Drives: 2013 BRZ, 2020 KTM Super Duke 1290R
Thanked 1,141 Times in 624 Posts
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by STV3 View Post
Not everyday you see a 12 year old on a car forum lol. That's cool though!
Or a 12 year old who actually sounds intelligent and uses good grammar.

Steam sales are ridiculous. My steam game list is ridiculous. I have at least 10 games that I haven't even touched yet because they were on sale and sounded interesting enough for $5. I rarely (maybe 2 or 3 times each year) will buy a new release.

Dark Souls 2 is a freaking black hole for time. I've pretty much forgotten about everything else I have. lol
wheelhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wheelhaus For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (06-06-2014), Eurasianman (06-10-2014)
Old 06-06-2014, 10:59 AM   #45
hobojoker

Drives: SWP BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfusionpm View Post
This statement is about as true as needing a Mac in order to do graphic design or video. As in not very true and mostly perpetuated by exaggerations and people holding on to old ideas of marketing genius.

Except the whole cable pass through and xbox live original tv shows and fantasy sports integration...

It may no longer be a performance difference though, now that kinect is no longer bundled, the xbox has access to approximately 10% more gpu than before for games, so they should be about even now.
hobojoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 11:40 AM   #46
n2oinferno
Praise Helix!

Drives: Accord 2.0T, Silverado
Thanked 2,208 Times in 1,072 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobojoker View Post
Except the whole cable pass through and xbox live original tv shows and fantasy sports integration...

It may no longer be a performance difference though, now that kinect is no longer bundled, the xbox has access to approximately 10% more gpu than before for games, so they should be about even now.
In a word, no. While both consoles perform very well, the fact at the end of the day is that the PS4 has a more powerful APU, and therefore the potential for higher performance.

That being said, it's up to the programmers and developers to make the games run well. If your coding is shitty you can still turn out a crappy game on one or both machines.
n2oinferno is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to n2oinferno For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (06-06-2014)
Old 06-06-2014, 12:16 PM   #47
cfusionpm

Drives: Firestorm 6MT Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by n2oinferno View Post
In a word, no. While both consoles perform very well, the fact at the end of the day is that the PS4 has a more powerful APU, and therefore the potential for higher performance.

That being said, it's up to the programmers and developers to make the games run well. If your coding is shitty you can still turn out a crappy game on one or both machines.
Which is one of the big reasons exclusive games ALWAYS look better than cross-platforms ever will. I mean look at launch titles Killzone and Forza 5. Gorgeous. Look at any cross-game. Good, but none of them really jaw-dropping (except MAYBE NBA2k14). It's all about software and coding optimization.

2013 Firestorm 6MT Scion FR-S
cfusionpm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cfusionpm For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (06-06-2014), strat61caster (06-06-2014)
Old 06-06-2014, 01:25 PM   #48
hobojoker

Drives: SWP BRZ Limited
Quote:

I agree, I have a PS4. I was trying to compensate for any bias I hold, as I think the PS4, PS+ and it's exclusives are a much better choice for gamers.
hobojoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 02:26 PM   #49
n2oinferno
Praise Helix!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfusionpm View Post
Which is one of the big reasons exclusive games ALWAYS look better than cross-platforms ever will. I mean look at launch titles Killzone and Forza 5. Gorgeous. Look at any cross-game. Good, but none of them really jaw-dropping (except MAYBE NBA2k14). It's all about software and coding optimization.
Here's to hoping that we start getting wonderful graphics on everything because the coding is getting more similar to a PC.

Quote:
I agree, I have a PS4. I was trying to compensate for any bias I hold, as I think the PS4, PS+ and it's exclusives are a much better choice for gamers.
Blatant fanboyism based on opinion is one thing. Stating a fact that one set of hardware is more powerful than another is another. No bias in that.
Old 06-07-2014, 03:27 AM   #50
YoshiDrei

Drives: None
Quick question: I wanna buy my first FPS, so which is better, COD Ghosts, or BF4 ( on the PS3 BTW )

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk
YoshiDrei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 04:03 AM   #51
YMAA
Maximum puntential

Drives: 2013 DGM BRZ 6MT LTD
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Haha, I was just listing the most recent version of consoles I have. Forgot Wii U, which is weird because all I've been playing lately is Mario Kart 8.

that looks pretty awesome. I still want to try out X or Y though and there aren't any 3DS emulators yet.
X/Y is pretty good. Worth the pickup even though I bought a 3DS (at least initially) only for X/Y.

If you want to get your competitive battle fix but don't want to get a 3DS yet check out Pokemon Showdown (play.pokemonshowdown.com). Runs in a web browser or the Windows client and lets you create your team and battle in a bunch of different styles like the Smogon tiers (Ubers, OU, UU, etc.) and VGC 2014 singles/doubles. It's great for testing out teams before you recreate them in the game, or just playing that.
Old 06-07-2014, 03:06 PM   #52
n2oinferno
Praise Helix!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshiDrei View Post
Quick question: I wanna buy my first FPS, so which is better, COD Ghosts, or BF4 ( on the PS3 BTW )

COD is fairly mindless run and gun action. Battlefield 4 is combat on a much larger scale and has a lot of weight placed on land, sea, and air vehicles depending on the map. IMO, I like the Battlefield series more between the two of them. But you'll get a different answer from each person you ask because it's very much based on tastes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YMAA View Post
X/Y is pretty good. Worth the pickup even though I bought a 3DS (at least initially) only for X/Y.

If you want to get your competitive battle fix but don't want to get a 3DS yet check out Pokemon Showdown (play.pokemonshowdown.com). Runs in a web browser or the Windows client and lets you create your team and battle in a bunch of different styles like the Smogon tiers (Ubers, OU, UU, etc.) and VGC 2014 singles/doubles. It's great for testing out teams before you recreate them in the game, or just playing that.
You guys are a bad influence. :P
Old 06-07-2014, 05:48 PM   #53
cfusionpm

Drives: Firestorm 6MT Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:

Two extremely different kinds of games. COD is fast and frantic gameplay with a heavy emphasis on crazy action and quick reflexes. BF is a little more methodical with a huge emphasis on cohesive teamwork. COD is easier to play by yourself and better with a group of people. BF is almost impossible to play effectively by yourself and almost requires a good group and/or teamwork and communication in order to do well.

Additionally, BF4 has been plagued by bugs and glitches since launching, due to the rushed scheduling put on Dice by EA. Most of it has been patched by now (I think), but I don't play it myself to confirm. I do know that the last six months have not exactly been wonderful for BF4 players though.

2013 Firestorm 6MT Scion FR-S
cfusionpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 01:01 AM   #54
radroach

Drives: car
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quote:

Neither of these. Buy S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadows of Chernobyl, and good hunting.
radroach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 01:03 AM   #55
YoshiDrei

Drives: None
Ok thanks guys! I think ill buy BF4 instead. Thanks again!

YoshiDrei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 09:52 AM   #56
Eurasianman
Chief

Drives: 2013 DGM BRZ Premium 6MT
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelhaus View Post
Or a 12 year old who actually sounds intelligent and uses good grammar.
Agreed. This is normally rare
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelhaus View Post
Steam sales are ridiculous. My steam game list is ridiculous. I have at least 10 games that I haven't even touched yet because they were on sale and sounded interesting enough for $5. I rarely (maybe 2 or 3 times each year) will buy a new release.
Reason why I have 150+ games on Steam... damn Steam sales.

Quote:
Hard to say really. On paper, I do not think it is enough for XB1 to catch up to PS4 in regards to raw processing power.

Quote:

^ This.

Quote:
^ Agree. But at the same time, I would say that this is more of a personal opinion as both consoles have exclusive titles that could possibly carry more weight when a gamer decides to pick up a console.

Quote:

Eh... having tried CoD Ghosts and BF4 mutliplayer on the PS3, BF4 would probably be my pick.

Quote:
COD is fairly mindless run and gun action. Battlefield 4 is combat on a much larger scale and has a lot of weight placed on land, sea, and air vehicles depending on the map. IMO, I like the Battlefield series more between the two of them. But you'll get a different answer from each person you ask because it's very much based on tastes.
Pretty much sums it

Eurasianman is offline   Reply With Quote